Chapala.com Webboard

One Physician's Opinion regarding Covid

Zeb

Ferret and Cafemediterraneo both made some really valid points. In the end, though, it has to be each person's decision. As for me, I have no interest in the vaccine unless circumstances force me to do so. I have a lot of valid reasons, many already mentioned by others, but please understand that I am absolutely not an anti-vaxxer, nor do I think my DNA will be altered or a chip implanted (wtf???). I absolutely understand and respect the opposing view and try to keep up with developments. I'm not saying it's a permanent "no," but that it's not for me right now. Even if you don't agree, just think of it as one less person in line!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, gringohombre said:

So you saw and article online by someone with a M.D. after their name and immediately assumed it to be true and posted it here? I do not think that I am being overdramatic but am afraid that society as a whole is being overwhelmed and swallowed up with this Social Media phenomena and the huge unregulated, politically connected tech companies are laughing all the way to the bank!!!   

That is an incorrect assumption.  I did not just see it on line, then post.  I have lived in Houston and was familiar with this doctor.

12 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Clearly,this doctor/business man's main "activism" is to promote his business, is what I "understood" when I researched him as gringohombre did.

And the pharmaceutical companies are also promoting their businesses and want to sell the injections.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cafemediterraneo said:

.....if I have to choose between a 1% chance of dieing IF I get CoVid and a 1% change of dieing from the vaccine, Id rather trust my own immune system over any experts, it knows me best.

A very unscientific approach to immunology. An effective vaccination boosts your immunity to this virus which is unknown to your immune system so in the event you come into contact with this highly contagious virus you are in good shape already to fight it, obviously. What simple understanding experts know confuses you?

Seems to be a lot of this going on.

FB_IMG_1614536361822.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

On 2/27/2021 at 4:35 PM, virgo lady said:

This post not only is full of incorrect and misleading "opinion" content, it has no place in the lakeside / Guad forum, either.     

Both the OP and the "Moderator" should know that and it should be removed.

The Queen has been vaccinated, as have many world leaders.      Nothing is "perfect".....but even the Astra Zeneca vaccine, just approved by Health Canada has been shown to be 100% effective in preventing hospitalizations and deaths.     Both in the trials, and in real world use.     And THAT is the goal, at least in this near term.

"Stop The Spread".....of false, misleading, and alarmist conspiracy "info".

A differering medical opinion does not mean it is automicatically  misleading.  Otherwise, it is censorship of anyone who does not agree with media reporting.

6 hours ago, gringohombre said:

And the pharmaceutical companies spent millions (probably billions) doing the research and testing. How much did Dr Hotzi (is that his real name?) spend???

You are free to disagree with his medical expertise and opinion.  He may not have his personal research team, however, I am sure he has access to research done by others as almost all doctors do.  Most doctors in private practice use data from other researchers as well.

8 hours ago, Ferret said:

Zeb, it would be interesting to know how many customers who buy the Doctor's products have gotten Covid-19.

I don't think that would make a good base line research criteria.  He is providing data he obtained from other sources and certainly the 40,000 he mentions is worthy of paying attention.  I did not see anywhere he claimed that buying his products would cure covid, so I don't think tha

6 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

A very unscientific approach to immunology. An effective vaccination boosts your immunity to this virus which is unknown to your immune system so in the event you come into contact with this highly contagious virus you are in good shape already to fight it, obviously. What simple understanding experts know confuses you?

Seems to be a lot of this going on.

FB_IMG_1614536361822.jpg

Nowhere my post did I claim that I had found special research on line that doctors and scientists missed.   I simply posted an article written by a physician based on his opinion and expertise.  Obviously, you want to make fun of what I did and it seems, for you, if I had posted an article which spoke of the medication favorably, you would be fine with that.

Also, based on your comment no physician should ever give any opinion unless he/she could spend money on a research team.  My understanding is doctor see patients and get data from labs and places that specialize in the research, and THAT is where owand h they get their data to formulate their opinions and how they advise their own patients.

33 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Also, based on your comment no physician should ever give any opinion unless he/she could spend money on a research team.  My understanding is doctor see patients and get data from labs and places that specialize in the research, and THAT is where owand h they get their data to formulate their opinions and how they advise their own patients.

So just don't take the shot already!!! let's just all move on....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zeb said:

I simply posted an article written by a physician based on his opinion and expertise. 

Medicine is a highly specialized field. That is why people go see specalists and don't have heart surgery done by an ear, nose, and throat doctor.

Why anyone would find value in the opinion of a GP, over the research and advice of the world's top epidemiologists and virologists, who specialize in that knowledge, is beyond my understanding.

It's like trusting your gardener's opinion on wiring your house.

• Like 2

Your first post, Bisbee Gal, runs right along with the advice given me my a 30 year Teaching Research Professor at NYU in molecular biology and chemistry Phd., a former classmate.

mRNA and DNA vaccine is not gene therapy or altering or substituting anyone's DNA.

He says, some people, even doctors, just do not understand fully -- science.

On 2/27/2021 at 2:01 PM, Zeb said:

The moderator has suggested I repost this as he had locked it because people's responses immediately became political and went into attack mode.

You may not agree with this physician's opinion and recommendations.  If you do post a rebuttal, then be polite and diplomatic and please stick to the medical topic and don't turn it into a political or personal confrontation.   I am currently in Houston and this was provided to his patients.   I have been reluctant to participate on this board many times because of personal attacks and this should not be happening here. 

I post this as informational so that people can be informed about different views and each person can make his/her choice.

I am asking the moderator to please only delete any responses that are political or in attack mode according to the policy of the webboard, and not deprive people of this article.

The So-Called COVID-19 "Vaccine"
Is Really A Dangerous Experimental Gene Therapy
Just Say "No!"

- Steven Hotze, M.D.

The so-called COVID-19 "vaccine" is not a vaccine at all. It is an experimental gene therapy. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) gives the definition of the term vaccine on its website, https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm. A vaccine is a product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease. Immunity is the protection from an infectious disease. If you are immune to a disease, you can be exposed to it without becoming infected.

This so-called COVID-19 "vaccine" does not provide the individuals who receive the vaccine with immunity to COVID-19, nor does it prevent the transmission of this disease. That is why it is a deceptive trade practice, under 15 U.S. Code, Section 41 of the Federal Trade Commission, for pharmaceutical companies who are producing this experimental gene therapy, to claim that this is a vaccine. These pharmaceutical companies are lying to the public. The government health bureaucrats are also lying to the public, by calling this treatment a vaccine. This COVID-19 injection therapy is only designed to minimize your symptoms if you were to be infected with the COVID-19 virus.

Let me reemphasize that this COVID-19 experimental gene therapy does not meet the CDC’s own definition of a vaccine. It does not provide immunity or prevent transmission of the disease. By referring to this therapy as a "vaccine," the pharmaceutical companies are attempting to shield themselves, because vaccine injuries or deaths are exempted by law from any product liability lawsuits.

The United States health bureaucrats initiated Operation Warp Speed to fast track the so-called COVID-19 "vaccine." On December 11, 2020, the FDA approved the Pfizer-BioNTech "vaccine," and Moderna’s was approved a week later. These "vaccines" were approved without any published animal studies and without any long-term human studies. This means that the individuals who get them are the guinea pigs.

These "vaccines," which are manufactured using cells derived from human babies that were aborted in the 1970s, should more accurately be called an experimental gene therapy. They are an untested, unproven gene treatment that poses a much greater danger to your health than COVID-19 itself.

Unlike Any Previous Vaccine
The theory behind conventional vaccines is to inject a small amount of the infecting virus or bacteria protein into your body, which in turn will cause your immune system to produce antibodies to that infecting organism and provide you with immunity.

The new COVID-19 "vaccine" is a synthetic messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) experimental gene therapy, and it works much differently. The theory behind it is that when this synthetic mRNA is injected into your body, it will insert itself into your cells and begin producing coronavirus spike proteins. In turn, your immune system is expected to produce antibodies to the coronavirus protein made by your own cells.
There is no way to know how long your cells will produce these virus proteins, or if they will ever stop producing them. Your immune system will be hyper-charged and will overreact when exposed to any type of coronavirus in the future. This is what happened when mRNA experimental gene therapy was used against other types of coronaviruses in animals in 2005 and 2012. The animals died from an immune system hyper-reaction when they were later exposed to the coronavirus against which they had been previously vaccinated. This hyper-reaction is called an antibody dependent enhancement reaction.

Because these are the first mRNA "vaccines" ever used in humans, you would think that they would have been first tested and proven safe in animal studies and have at least two years of human testing, which are routinely required. Instead, the COVID-19 mRNA "vaccine" was only tested on humans for a couple of months. Wouldn’t it be prudent to have long term-human studies before recommending mass vaccination?

40,000+ Adverse Effects in the First Month
Adverse effects are inevitable. In the first month of use, there were more than 40,000 documented adverse reactions in the U.S., including thousands of cases of anaphylactic shock and serious neurological problems. Because only 10% of adverse effects are routinely reported, hundreds of thousands have likely been harmed. That is only in the first 30 days! As of February 14, there were also 934 deaths in individuals who had received this experimental gene therapy so-called "vaccine," including baseball great, Hank Aaron.

Even more worrisome are delayed and long-term adverse effects. The synthetic mRNA "vaccine" turns on the production of COVID-19 proteins, but it has no off switch. It just keeps on replicating, and the immune system keeps on mounting an immune response. That is why some researchers are concerned that it will provoke autoimmune reactions, setting you up for a lifetime of serious inflammatory disease.

Another major concern is the possibility that the COVID-19 "vaccine" can make infections worse. There is convincing evidence that this experimental gene therapy may trigger an antibody-dependent enhancement reaction and increase the virus’s ability to infect your cells. In other words, if you come down with the infection after being vaccinated, you may have a much worse case than if you had never had the "vaccine." Many experts are predicting a surge of life-threatening infections, inflammatory disorders and deaths in the coming months for those who have been vaccinated.

Of course, the blame will be placed on a mutant, particularly virulent strain of the virus, rather than on a poorly tested experimental gene therapy. Even if it were acknowledged, the U.S. government, which has spent $12.4 billion on COVID-19 vaccines so far, would foot the bill for damages incurred. As I previously mentioned, by law, pharmaceutical companies cannot be sued for any injury caused by any vaccine. So, they are reaping enormous profits with no downside risk of product liability.

Not Only Dangerous but Ineffective
Not only is the media downplaying the "vaccine’s" side effects, but they seem content to simply repeat the drug makers’ overly optimistic claims of efficacy.

You have probably heard that both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are 95% effective. This is a false claim. Yet, the medical establishment and the government bureaucrats have simply taken these pharmaceutical companies’ word for it and are encouraging everyone to line up for their "vaccines."

At the time the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna products were approved, these pharmaceutical giants had failed to release most of the raw data from their vaccine trials. In fact, they are still withholding much of it. However, now that more of it is available for review, a different picture is emerging.

British Medical Journal (BMJ) Associate Editor Peter Doshi, who had the opportunity to review the available data, pointed out the inconsistencies and weaknesses of the pre-approval trials. He concluded that rather than the widely publicized 95% effective rate, these "vaccines" are, at best, 19% effective. At this low rate, they would never have been approved!

Health Bureaucrats Are Flying Blind
There are still many unknowns about this experimental gene therapy. There is no indication that it saves lives or prevents spreading the infection to others, which is why health bureaucrats continue to recommend masking and social distancing. Nobody has any idea on the long-term, adverse effects of this experimental gene therapy, yet they are still plowing ahead with plans to vaccinate the entire population.

This experimental gene therapy will not eradicate the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 any more than the flu vaccine has eliminated the flu. COVID-19 is here to stay. Even without this so-called "vaccine," infections will slow as more people develop natural herd immunity.

Just Say "No!"
Why in the world would you risk all the known and unknown, short and long-term side effects of an experimental gene therapy that was inadequately tested, rushed through the approval process at "warp speed," and found to be much less effective, yet much more dangerous than initially promised? I am advising my family, my friends and my guests here at the Hotze Health & Wellness Center to just say, "No!"

COVID-19 infection poses no significant health risk except for infirm, elderly people and those with severe pre-existing conditions, not unlike the flu or any other respiratory infection. Most individuals who contract COVID-19 have mild to moderate symptoms for a few days, similar to the flu, and the overall survival rate of those who are infected is 99.98%.
Of course, it is important to strengthen your immune system with vitamin and mineral supplementation, healthy eating, natural hormone replenishment, treatment of allergies, exercise, a good night’s sleep and maintaining your ideal body weight. Aside from that, let’s allow the virus to run its course so that we can develop herd immunity, which is far safer and more effective than this experimental gene therapy injection could ever be.

The panic and mass hysteria created by government health bureaucrats, mainstream media, and politicians is all about control, power and money. I have written extensively about the ineffectiveness and dangers of wearing masks, social distancing, closing of businesses and lock downs. We need to get back to work, back to school and back to church.

Dr. Hotze is the founder and CEO of the Hotze Health & Wellness Center in Houston, Texas
www.hotzehwc.com

References
Selected Adverse Events Reported after COVID-19 Vaccination. CDC. Feb. 16, 2021. https://www.cdc.gov/

We all believe what we want to believe that may fit our world view. 

Could it be this physician is denigrating the COVID vaccines and misrepresenting them because he has an anterior motive to sell his own "cures"?

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/warning-letters/fda-covid-19-letter-hotze.pdf

I do not know about you but I would not go to a physician, whatever your views about homosexuality are if he can believe this. This is the opening paragraph about Dr. Hotze from an article in the Houston Chronicle:

A prominent Houston Republican activist is making some strong assertions about same-sex marriage. Among them: that anal sex will be pushed on kindergarteners following the recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriage across the country.

https://www.chron.com/politics/texas/article/Houston-GOP-activist-Steven-Hotze-Kids-will-be-enc-6386471.php

Or this declaration of human empathy which is so important for a physician: 

I want to make sure that he has National Guard down here and they have the order to shoot to kill if any of these son-of-a-bitch people start rioting like they have in Dallas, start tearing down businesses — shoot to kill the son of a bitches. That’s the only way you restore order. Kill 'em. Thank you."

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/03/steve-hotze-texas-greg-abbott-rioters/

I think I have made my point. If you agree there is no sense attacking me because we have our own opinions that fit neatly into our world view as I stated earlier.

• Thanks 2

What is an adverse event?

This definition is taken from the National Cancer Institute:

An unexpected medical problem that happens during treatment with a drug or other therapy. Adverse events may be mild, moderate, or severe, and may be caused by something other than the drug or therapy being given. Also called adverse effect.

This pdf is from the University of California Medical School in San Francisco. This will give you all you need to know about AE’s.

I would advise everyone to read this information so we can all have a more informed opinion of what these terms mean.

If you look at the serious adverse events in the Moderna Trials this stands out.

As of November 25, 2020, serious adverse events were reported by 1.0% (n=147) of participants who received Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine and 1.0% (n=153) of participants who received placebo, one of which was the case of Bell’s palsy which occurred 32 days following receipt of vaccine.”

Safety Analysis of Clinical Trial DataThe safety of Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine was evaluated in an ongoing Phase 3 randomized, placebo-controlled, observer-blind clinical trial conducted in the United States involving 30,351 participants 18 years of age and older who received at least one dose of Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine (n=15,185) or placebo (n=15,166) (NCT04470427). In clinical studies, the adverse reactions in participants 18 years of age and older were:

• Pain at the injection site (92.0%)
  • Fatigue (70.0%)
  • Headache (64.7%)
  • Myalgia (61.5%)
  • Arthralgia (46.4%)
  • Chills (45.4%)
  • Nausea/vomiting (23.0%)
  • Axillary swelling/tenderness (19.8%)
  • Fever (15.5%)
  • Swelling at the injection site (14.7%)
  • Erythema at the injection site (10.0%).

Solicited local and systemic adverse reactions reported following administration of Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine had a median duration of 2 to 3 days.

Grade 3 solicited local adverse reactions were more frequently reported after Dose 2 than Dose 1. Solicited systemic adverse reactions were more frequently reported by vaccine recipients after Dose 2 than after Dose 1.

Unsolicited Adverse Events

Participants were monitored for unsolicited adverse events for up to 28 days following each dose and follow-up is ongoing. Serious adverse events and medically attended adverse events will be recorded for the entire study duration of 2 years. As of November 25, 2020, among participants who had received at least 1 dose of vaccine or placebo (vaccine=15,185, placebo=15,166), unsolicited adverse events that occurred within 28 days following each vaccination were reported by 23.9% of participants (n=3,632) who received Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine and 21.6% of participants (n=3,277) who received placebo. In these analyses, 87.9% of study participants had at least 28 days of follow-up after Dose 2.

Lymphadenopathy‑related events that were not necessarily captured in the 7-day e-Diary were reported by 1.1% of vaccine recipients and 0.6% of placebo recipients. These events included lymphadenopathy, lymphadenitis, lymph node pain, vaccination-site lymphadenopathy, injection-site lymphadenopathy, and axillary mass, which were plausibly related to vaccination. This imbalance is consistent with the imbalance observed for solicited axillary swelling/tenderness in the injected arm.

Hypersensitivity adverse events were reported in 1.5% of vaccine recipients and 1.1% of placebo recipients. Hypersensitivity events in the vaccine group included injection site rash and injection site urticaria, which are likely related to vaccination.

Throughout the same period, there were three reports of Bell’s palsy in the Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine group (one of which was a serious adverse event), which occurred 22, 28, and 32 days after vaccination, and one in the placebo group which occurred 17 days after vaccination. Currently available information on Bell’s palsy is insufficient to determine a causal relationship with the vaccine.

There were no other notable patterns or numerical imbalances between treatment groups for specific categories of adverse events (including other neurologic, neuro-inflammatory, and thrombotic events) that would suggest a causal relationship to Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine.

Serious Adverse Events

As of November 25, 2020, serious adverse events were reported by 1.0% (n=147) of participants who received Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine and 1.0% (n=153) of participants who received placebo, one of which was the case of Bell’s palsy which occurred 32 days following receipt of vaccine.

In these analyses, 87.9% of study participants had at least 28 days of follow-up after Dose 2, and the median follow-up time for all participants was 9 weeks after Dose 2.

There were two serious adverse events of facial swelling in vaccine recipients with a history of injection of dermatological fillers. The onset of swelling was reported 1 and 2 days, respectively, after vaccination and was likely related to vaccination.

There was one serious adverse event of intractable nausea and vomiting in a participant with prior history of severe headache and nausea requiring hospitalization. This event occurred 1 day after vaccination and was likely related to vaccination.

There were no other notable patterns or imbalances between treatment groups for specific categories of serious adverse events (including neurologic, neuro-inflammatory, and thrombotic events) that would suggest a causal relationship to Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine.

The data from the Pfizer vaccine is below. I have highlighted the serious AE’s with the vaccine vs. Placebo: Again showing there is no clinical or statistical difference between the active vaccine and placebo.

Personally these are odds I would take any day of the week over the short and long term risks involved with contracting the virus.

Serious Adverse Events

Serious adverse events were defined as any untoward medical occurrence that resulted in death, was life-threatening, required inpatient hospitalization or prolongation of existing hospitalization, or resulted in persistent disability/incapacity. The proportions of participants who reported at least 1 serious adverse event were 0.6% in the vaccine group and 0.5% in the placebo group. The most common serious adverse events in the vaccine group which were numerically higher than in the placebo group were appendicitis (7 in vaccine vs 2 in placebo), acute myocardial infarction (3 vs 0), and cerebrovascular accident (3 vs 1). Cardiovascular serious adverse events were balanced between vaccine and placebo groups. Two serious adverse events were considered by U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as possibly related to vaccine: shoulder injury possibly related to vaccine administration or to the vaccine itself, and lymphadenopathy involving the axilla contralateral to the vaccine injection site. Otherwise, occurrence of severe adverse events involving system organ classes and specific preferred terms were balanced between vaccine and placebo groups.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/pfizer/reactogenicity.html

1 hour ago, LT56NY said:

We all believe what we want to believe that may fit our world view. 

Could it be this physician is denigrating the COVID vaccines and misrepresenting them because he has an anterior motive to sell his own "cures"?

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/warning-letters/fda-covid-19-letter-hotze.pdf

I do not know about you but I would not go to a physician, whatever your views about homosexuality are if he can believe this. This is the opening paragraph about Dr. Hotze from an article in the Houston Chronicle:

A prominent Houston Republican activist is making some strong assertions about same-sex marriage. Among them: that anal sex will be pushed on kindergarteners following the recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriage across the country.

https://www.chron.com/politics/texas/article/Houston-GOP-activist-Steven-Hotze-Kids-will-be-enc-6386471.php

Or this declaration of human empathy which is so important for a physician: 

I want to make sure that he has National Guard down here and they have the order to shoot to kill if any of these son-of-a-bitch people start rioting like they have in Dallas, start tearing down businesses — shoot to kill the son of a bitches. That’s the only way you restore order. Kill 'em. Thank you."

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/03/steve-hotze-texas-greg-abbott-rioters/

I think I have made my point. If you agree there is no sense attacking me because we have our own opinions that fit neatly into our world view as I stated earlier.

•  

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck......QUAAAACK!!!!

On 2/28/2021 at 9:31 AM, Ferret said:

Zeb, it would be interesting to know how many customers who buy the Doctor's products have gotten Covid-19.

I am not sure how that is relevant unless he is promoting them as a cure and I did not see that in his article.