Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Mercado Libre CASH payers Question


Recommended Posts

May be a dumb question but.....   

"Bought" an article a few days ago, but by the time I got to Oxxo and paid, it was sold out.  So now I have some pesos sitting as a credit balance.  I will need to use them soon  BUT amount there now will not cover next definite purchase.

So how do I go about arranging to top up that balance before  I make that purchase? (Don't see the answer on ML "help" tho' admit it's probably there)

Please----- NO remarks about paying with credit card. I do not use credit cards in Mexico......ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you've got a credit, it is usually applied to your next purchase and the amount you need to pay to Mercado Libre at Oxxo is less... or, if your next purchase is less than your credit, you will owe nothing and your credit will get smaller.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ferret said:

If you've got a credit, it is usually applied to your next purchase and the amount you need to pay to Mercado Libre at Oxxo is less... or, if your next purchase is less than your credit, you will owe nothing and your credit will get smaller.

That´s too common sense to be understandable........LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, slainte39 said:

That´s too common sense to be understandable........LOL

Well if I had not asked the question I DID, I would not be offended.  If you read what I said.... there will not be ENOUGH credit for the next, and I want to have it there before I make the next purchase so it's seamless.

Anyone else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Natasha said:

Well if I had not asked the question I DID, I would not be offended.  If you read what I said.... there will not be ENOUGH credit for the next, and I want to have it there before I make the next purchase so it's seamless.

Anyone else?

You don't need to have enough "credit" in your M.L. account to pay for something in cash at Oxo. The credit you now have should be applied to your next purchase and show you the balance you will have to pay in cash at OXO.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, mudgirl said:

You don't need to have enough "credit" in your M.L. account to pay for something in cash at Oxo. The credit you now have should be applied to your next purchase and show you the balance you will have to pay in cash at OXO.

OK... I give up.  Must be the wording of my question I guess.  In order to be sure of getting the next (specific)  purchase  when I find it at a super good price------ which is how I ended up with the credit balance on the last (failed) one --- I wanted to have ALL the money there in advance.  OF COURSE I understand "partial payment" via the credit.   That is NOT what I asked!!!

And to Mostly Lost, thank you for the suggestion, but what account number are you referring to?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Sometimes people just absolutely refuse to believe that 2 + 2 = 4

While others refuse to comprehend  that  credit  <250> +   200 (added)  = 450 ( total price of new object) . 

 Maybe if you spent less time being sarcastic and "witty" you might have figured this out for yourself.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am told you can pay for stuff on Mercado Libre using a U.S. PayPal account.  Is this correct?

Amazon Mexico is seamless with Amazon U.S.. when it comes to paying for stuff.  It processes your U.S. credit card the same way Amazon U.S. does.

Biggest issue I've found with Amazon Mexico is although their delivery is excellent the pricing is so far above U.S. pricing for the same item I can order from Amazon U.S., use their World priority shipping and still come out way ahead on final cost.  And everything I've order that way shows up at our HandyMail delivery address in a week or less.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

I am told you can pay for stuff on Mercado Libre using a U.S. PayPal account.  Is this correct?

Amazon Mexico is seamless with Amazon U.S.. when it comes to paying for stuff.  It processes your U.S. credit card the same way Amazon U.S. does.

Biggest issue I've found with Amazon Mexico is although their delivery is excellent the pricing is so far above U.S. pricing for the same item I can order from Amazon U.S., use their World priority shipping and still come out way ahead on final cost.  And everything I've order that way shows up at our HandyMail delivery address in a week or less.

Might be...  but PayPal and I had a bad  occurence years ago and I cancelled the account.  I am aware of using Amazon U.S. and Amazon Mexico seamlessly.  But the question is about MercadoLibre.   Thanks anyway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Natasha said:

OK... I give up.  Must be the wording of my question I guess.  In order to be sure of getting the next (specific)  purchase  when I find it at a super good price------ which is how I ended up with the credit balance on the last (failed) one --- I wanted to have ALL the money there in advance.  OF COURSE I understand "partial payment" via the credit.   That is NOT what I asked!!!

And to Mostly Lost, thank you for the suggestion, but what account number are you referring to?

 

The same one you used the last time you deposited.  The money goes to your Mercadopago account. Your purchases are deducted from your Mercado pago account. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

The same one you used the last time you deposited.  The money goes to your Mercadopago account. Your purchases are deducted from your Mercado pago account. 

SO... before I make this any worse. 😬 You ARE referring to the  16 digit code that was supposed to be applied to the failed purchase?  Even if that particular item is no longer available?  Am guessing you mean they will automatically deflect it to  credit balance........?

If that's in fact what you mean, MIL GRACIAS.  IF not........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use cash on Mercado Libre to avoid credit card issues.  You can choose when you make payment to use your Mercado Pago balance or just pay cash and even then you can pay extra and build credit if you are a frequent purchaser.   For example, if I buy a keyboard for $320 pesos I can use my Mercado credit of say $200 and then just deposit $120, or I can pay at the Bancomer ATM and deposit $500 pesos and then will have $180 credit from this purchase which will be added to my Mercado Pago account so the next purchase I will have $380 pesos credit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are 2 Mercado Libre Codes, well I use the Bancomer smart ATMs, first is the convenio or client (Mercado Libre) number 0641375 then there is the specific transaction identifier which is only good for that transaction.  To see your Mercado Pago balance log in

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...