Chapala.com Webboard

Telcel Pay as you Go

lakeside7

For a few years I have been visiting Ana Maria store in Ajijic, the store opposite  Torito parking space. Over the years it seems that she has taken on more work that she can handle alone. Sometimes there are more helpers but...

Sadly this morning "I lost it". She never seems to come in on time and when she does arrive always, always talking on her cel telephone and this will most times continue when she is try to deal with you and 1-2 other people...From my limited Spanish most of the conversation is domestic related and not business.

My "problem" has been that when I go up to the states I never seem to be able to locate a "carrier/service" regardless of Ana many assurances that "all you have to do is switch on and off the airplane mode and thats it". Well it never seems to work for me and this morning visit was for the same problem.

To make a long story short. I have come to the conclusion that Ana hears what you say but doesn't fully understand what you are saying..and will ramble on about how busy she is etc etc. and for the first time she suggest that if I return after 5pm she could deal with me when she is less busy.

Also on reflection how many Mexican business people will carry on long phone calls mostly about domestic matters and you are getting 10% attention if you are ruckly

I too stopped going to her, my issues always turned out to be cost related, the plan  she offered one day turned out not to exist. Fed up with her excuses.

Went to a 249 monthly plan and was able to use it in Canada, she promised the 200 peso package would work in Canada , wrong would not work. The package

purchased at main office (Centro laguna) works in Canada. No more ANNA!!!!!

I have stopped going to her twice as she can be so rude. But she can do things that Telcel at Laguna Mall cannot do-how-?.  I am back to  the Telcel at Laguna Mall which can be weird but better than Ana. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

You can buy phone time at any OXO. Employees aren't allowed to gab on their phones there. It takes me one minute to buy phone time at OXO.

Once when I was dealing with Ana I had a small problem that she could fix in a few minutes. She told me she was busy and to come back in 3 hours. What was I do for 3 hours as I live about an hour away.

There are no Oxxos near me. I prefer to pay 6 months or a year in advance so I don't have to wonder when I have to pay again.

In the past I have always gone to Ana.... even gave her an old cellphone that she could give to a 'needy' client or friend.  In the past she was always helpful. The last two times 'tho she seemed pre-occupied with someone on the phone and was rather 'short' with me when I, using English, wasn't making myself clear. Too bad as she used to be the BEST!

There's a small cell phone store in Chapala, on the west side of the main drag, about 1/2 way up on the retail stretch between the stop light near the plaza and the 7-11.     Nice people, very helpful, good prices and selection.    

• Like 1

It is always a good idea to keep your number in your contact list.  If all you need is more minutes, you can get that in many different types of stores even in some beer/liquor stores.  For simple basic Spanish just say necesito más saldo de Telcel.  Cien pesos (100) or dos cientos (200) or tres cientos (300) and then show them your number you have saved in your contacts, and bingo, you now have more minutes on your phone.  In Chapala the places to buy minutes are everywhere.

8 hours ago, Go Solar said:

There's a small cell phone store in Chapala, on the west side of the main drag, about 1/2 way up on the retail stretch between the stop light near the plaza and the 7-11.     Nice people, very helpful, good prices and selection.    

Yes, a nice place to deal with.

3 minutes ago, itsme said:

I believe that we all must understand that she is always busy

That is a good problem for any business.....but in that case, a business must change, adapt, and grow, or expect the clients to go somewhere else.       People understand occasional problems and frustrations...but not constant continuous ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, itsme said:

and they are adapting to the situation it seems that you have not gone to the store, if they are problems but apparently nobody wakes up early since most of the time the store is open before 9am

Wow, there is a customer focused attitude......(not).     From a new poster account started since this thread was created too - hmmmmmm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, itsme said:

I believe that we all must understand that she is always busy and if she must have time for everyone, she does have assistants, they try to help her as much as they can, but we must understand that if we want a good service we must do our part, 

What does this have to do with customer complaints that she gabs on her cell phone to friends or family when she can see she has customers waiting to be served? If she's so busy, how does she have time to yak on the phone? And why doesn't she hire and train more staff? 

1 hour ago, itsme said:

and they are adapting to the situation it seems that you have not gone to the store, if they are problems but apparently nobody wakes up early since most of the time the store is open before 9am

I beg you pardon....I always get there before 9am in hope that she appears "on time"..every time she gets out of her car (late) with the cel phone stuck in her ear, will hold up finger and thumb as if to say "momento" which can lead to 10/15 minute wait.. with respect you have no idea what happens we wake up early and for whatever reason Ana is the culprit..are you part of the family?

So I'm trying to wrap my head around this: my busy business is best served by always making customers wait because I am on the phone, coupled with not enough staff... and not randomly but consistently? And therefore you should feel sorry for me? Where were you when I lost my job because 1,000s in my company were let go as board members demanded a higher return on their dividends?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have used Anna for almost 15yrs now and I agree she can be frustrating at times, the times I have heard talking on her cell phone she was trying to help  a customer.  So many of her gringo customers don’t have a clue about using a cell phone, as an example a poster claims that the 200 peso package doesn’t work in Canada, it works for me, but then I took the time to find out how it works and which network Telcel uses in Canada . So many of her customers want her to scratch the card and reload their phones, why can’t they do it themselves or use Mitelcel.. it would free up so much of Anna’s time...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Out1 said:

Recharging the Amigo program is so easy on Mitelcel or if it doesn't work which happens occasionally then use the UnDosTres app. No need to go to see Ana. 

Is it possible to setup automated recurring 30-day payments on miTelcel or UnDosTres by providing a credit/debit card on the website or app? Do it once and forget it.

48 minutes ago, InChapala1 said:

Is it possible to setup automated recurring 30-day payments on miTelcel or UnDosTres by providing a credit/debit card on the website or app? Do it once and forget it.

I don't know; I haven't tried that and I doubt if my Spanish is good enough to figure it out.

3 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

I have used Anna for almost 15yrs now and I agree she can be frustrating at times, the times I have heard talking on her cell phone she was trying to help  a customer.  So many of her gringo customers don’t have a clue about using a cell phone, as an example a poster claims that the 200 peso package doesn’t work in Canada, it works for me, but then I took the time to find out how it works and which network Telcel uses in Canada . So many of her customers want her to scratch the card and reload their phones, why can’t they do it themselves or use Mitelcel.. it would free up so much of Anna’s time...

I assume that over the years her popularity has increased BECAUSE she offered that extra service of HELP...now if this part of the business is overwhelming her during regular working hours then perhaps she should say...If you need more that just a re load...come back between say 4-???. That sounds a very easy resolution of the problem. Or not. Or obtain a asst only to sell the cards. Or kept her personnel calls until she has finished work. 

Sorry to digress, but I have the same issue with Marta at Intercam. Most of the time she arrives late and flustered then proceeds to fix her face. Really. 

Plus she take up a parking space .If she is a senior person I would expect her to arrive before time and set an example for the junior employees..Silly me

50 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

I assume that over the years her popularity has increased BECAUSE she offered that extra service of HELP...now if this part of the business is overwhelming her during regular working hours then perhaps she should say...If you need more that just a re load...come back between say 4-???. That sounds a very easy resolution of the problem. Or not. Or obtain a asst only to sell the cards. Or kept her personnel calls until she has finished work. 

Sorry to digress, but I have the same issue with Marta at Intercam. Most of the time she arrives late and flustered then proceeds to fix her face. Really. 

Plus she take up a parking space .If she is a senior person I would expect her to arrive before time and set an example for the junior employees..Silly me

I think this is the Mexican culture,  They always want to help you but it’s at the expense of the customers who are waiting.. 

So many of the expats take advantage of the service that Ana gives... And don’t even leave a tip....