Chapala.com Webboard

2nd Stimulus Check

lakeside7

1 hour ago, slainte39 said:

Why do people keep asking about receiving a "second check" when the US Senate hasn´t even passed the legislation yet?

The first, and only  check, was 600 USD person, correct?

I received my $600 via the US mail to my Seattle condo, in the form of a debit card. And I am told that any future funds will be directly deposited in (wired to) my Seattle Bank of America Account, the same account the US Government wires my monthly SS to.

7 hours ago, johanson said:

I received my $600 via the US mail to my Seattle condo, in the form of a debit card. And I am told that any future funds will be directly deposited in (wired to) my Seattle Bank of America Account, the same account the US Government wires my monthly SS to.

For some reason I get my checks via the MX mail!!! I hope any more will go directly into my BofA account...as I am sure the "larger" ones will start to "disappear" during their journey south.

12 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Why do people keep asking about receiving a "second check" when the US Senate hasn´t even passed the legislation yet?

The first, and only  check, was 600 USD person, correct?

EDIT NOTE:  Posted this before I saw that others had already explained....

Yes, 39, this is correct.  I thought that maybe... when the person said 'what second check... that they might not have received the $600 check. But obviously this was not the case. 

The $600 check is technically the second check that the IRS has sent out when one counts the initial $1200 covid check back in the beginning. 

It looks like the next/3rd check will be for $1400 per individual (and another $1400 for each dependent... something none of us probably have but just saying). Late March is the current thinking but who knows when one is trying to predict the working of the US Government.