Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Just for fun - don't have a heart attack!


Recommended Posts

On 2/25/2021 at 1:22 PM, gringohombre said:

So you do not believe in "principles of limited government, free enterprise, and individual liberty."  That's OK also because I also believe in FREE SPEACH!!! And that's all I am going to say on this subject because of the policies of this board.  

I know this has nothing to do with climate change, but it would be great to carry on this discussion, even if its in a different thread, as this is something that is front and center of todays issues that will greatly impact everyone around the globe, including right here. Because what is happening in the US right now is a turning point for the whole world and will have a greater impact on all of us, even more so than climate change. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To the OP: For starters Al Gore has forgotten more about climate change than you will ever know. He admits that "global warming" was a bad choice of words. You alluded to one accurate point - fol

I used to be 'on the fence' with regards to climate change, but after a couple of years of 'study' and listening to both sides of the 'argument' I am no longer on that fence. IMO, it is occurring. And

You are discussing in a bullying sort of way. That is not well tolerated here, many people, including myself, will not read whatever you have to say on this topic or any other you post. That is the wa

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Northtek said:

I know this has nothing to do with climate change, but it would be great to carry on this discussion, even if its in a different thread, as this is something that is front and center of todays issues that will greatly impact everyone around the globe, including right here. Because what is happening in the US right now is a turning point for the whole world and will have a greater impact on all of us, even more so than climate change. 

I agree, and would love to pursue this more, but am afraid that maybe this would not be the place because of restrictions regarding "politics" here, although the mods do allow a little leeway. The sad thing is that the "brainwashing" started in kindergarten years ago, and these latest and future generations have already been indoctrinated into the "woke" world!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, gringohombre said:

I agree, and would love to pursue this more, but am afraid that maybe this would not be the place because of restrictions regarding "politics" here, although the mods do allow a little leeway. The sad thing is that the "brainwashing" started in kindergarten years ago, and these latest and future generations have already been indoctrinated into the "woke" world!!!

Understandable, as I wouldn't want to peruse it as a political issue, as it already has been described as an ideology.

Being woke is a completely different argument. But I honestly am tired of the media and people dumping on the Americans as a people. As a Canadian, I have always stood proudly with the Americans as we share not only history, but common values.

The truth is the American people have a lot to be proud of and history is a testament to their accomplishments. So here are a few things that I know to be true, regardless of what the media will say.

1. Charity - Believe it or not, the US is the only country where donations are made mostly by the citizens more that the government.

2. Natural Disasters - Regardless of what country the natural disaster hits, Americans are the first to have boots on the ground to provide aid.

3. Slavery - even though The US is not the first to end slavery, it was the first willing to fight against it and because of this, the whole world took notice.

4. The Americans developed a frame work for democracy that has set a standard for the rest of the world. Sadly, I know more about the US constitution than my own. Most people do.

The list is actually endless, but the media keeps talking about misinformation, when the truth is they are the leaders in it. In Fact Mexico, is also where the media likes to dump a lot of misinformation about. But I will leave that for another discussion about all the reasons why I decided to move here.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great post but we need to keep the focus on Mexico on this board.  Unfortunately not all Canadians here seem to share your point of view and this line of discussion could open a can of worms that requires moderator intervention.  Personally, I appreciate your kind words and share the same feelings about most Canadians and Canada.  

This board tries to keep the focus on Mexico and on helping each other with some of the vagaries of the system here and how to navigate same.  For example, things like driving licenses, tourist, temporary and permanent visas, medical services, where to find stuff, discussion about local food and restaurants, that sort of stuff.

It has proven to be a great resource for newbies in that regard and I and others here look forward to answering your questions.  My own experience with this group is when it comes to those matters they have a wealth of experience and have certainly helped us avoid a lot of pitfalls and save a lot of time getting things done.

So, welcome to the group.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Great post but we need to keep the focus on Mexico on this board.  Unfortunately not all Canadians here seem to share your point of view and this line of discussion could open a can of worms that requires moderator intervention.  Personally, I appreciate your kind words and share the same feelings about most Canadians and Canada.  

This board tries to keep the focus on Mexico and on helping each other with some of the vagaries of the system here and how to navigate same.  For example, things like driving licenses, tourist, temporary and permanent visas, medical services, where to find stuff, discussion about local food and restaurants, that sort of stuff.

It has proven to be a great resource for newbies in that regard and I and others here look forward to answering your questions.  My own experience with this group is when it comes to those matters they have a wealth of experience and have certainly helped us avoid a lot of pitfalls and save a lot of time getting things done.

So, welcome to the group.

 

Thanks Mainecoons for the heads up, as I understand we don't need to open any cans of worms. Plus there is a lot about Mexico that is misreported in the news and I have learned a lot about the Mexican people. So I have no problem sticking with topics just about Mexico. I will find another place to express my support for the Americans. If anyone knows a good place, let me know, because it seems everyone is so eager to hate other than support. I think its time we changed the narrative to a more positive one, the only way to do that is to speak out with support for each other. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 5:17 PM, AlanMexicali said:

The OP might reject anything not from his ilk. 

Maybe he is open minded as claimed by himself.

Mister Alan, and to the rest of you,

Why would it matter to you, or anyone else for that matter, whether I reject or accept you view on anything??? 

Why would it matter to any of you posting on this board, if anyone else on this board did or didn't accept your point of view?

Why do so many people get so worked up and argue with such animosity, when it's already been shown, pretty much nobody here is changing their views on anything? Is it just for sport? Too many bored people?

Anyway, who wants to live in a world that has only one point of view about anything, where everything is a compromise and the only color is gray?

What time in the entirety of human history, has there ever been just one point of view held by everyone about anything? How did that turn out? Is the Sun carried across the sky by a chariot? Is the world flat?

Even with a simple rainbow, we all see something slightly different.  Project a narrow light beam through a prism, with the outbound light projecting the resulting colors onto a paper and ask a couple of people to put a mark at the exact point one color turns to the next color, and each person will place that mark in a slightly different position. Instead of arguing about where the line is, isn't just interesting that they can see the same thing so differently?

Why is it so threatening to so many, that someone else sees something different than you see?


You Alan, make clear inference that I wouldn't accept anything “not from my ilk”, as if that makes ME bad/stupid and what, different from you?  In what world do you imagine yourself as being open minded, open to another's point of view or having changed your views as a result of something someone wrote here?

When have you demonstrated the ability to listen, hear and actually consider another opinion?  Or to change yours?  Your posts certainly do not show it. Maybe this is more of a “do as I say, not as I do?

All of the respondents to this thread who argued Climate Change is real, refused to acknowledged the FACTS that those many news articles of the original posting, were actually printed; and that they were printed by many, well know, mostly left-leaning (and possibly some right-leaning) papers, and, the fact that none of those proficiencies came true. 

What, you think by pretending it didn't happen, that it's not a fact that you somehow gain credibility? (Not)

So many of you here (both liberal and conservatives) seem hell-bent to rain down your differing opinions upon one another as if there is only ONE way to think, and it's your way or the highway.  When you and others get tired of arguing your points, perhaps, fail to prove your points, you turn to belittling, name calling, telling someone to get off the board.

Third grade behavior hardly proves a point and never convinces someone to change their mind.

Here, I'm speaking to the plural "you", all of you bothering to read this, on both sides of the political viewpoints, and the you that couldn't care less about which side to speak on, that just want to make jokes and pour gasoline on the fires and sit back and enjoy the nasty, unpleasant interactions.

In what world of free speech, of basic common decency, is continued abuse against, and trying to discredit someone else just because they don't agree with you, a decent way of interacting? 
 

The earlier parts of this thread and things other's have said in their reply posts are a perfect examples.

I posted a list of articles which quote people with good standing in, as it happens, mostly left leaning circles; people who made claims of specific bad things happening and specific times frames they would happen, and of which, NONE happened. 

Fact.  None of them happened.

And when challenged by Maincoons to disprove any of it with factual evidence, not just opinion, none of you stepped up. Of course you didn't, because they are facts.  Instead, it was just more of the same name calling, disrespect and misdirection.

There is no factual argument that disproves that these things were claimed, who claimed them, which papers printed them, or, that they ALL ended up being false.

SO what?! The sky is still up there!

 

Perhaps the similar claims being made today WILL come true and in the time frames being claimed. But those in the previous articles didn't.  Indisputable fact.

Some people can read that list and laugh.  Some might read it and wonder, if the fact that all those claims ended up being wrong, might it suggest anything about similar claims being made today, many by the same people proven wrong in the past.  Others might just shrug and move on.  Who cares?

How does their belief change anything related to the planet getting warmer or getting colder or doing anything at all?

Seems like people who support the many similar claims being made today get all up in arms when this truth is presented; and want to jump on anyone who points out such historical facts.  Shoot the messenger!  Hide the facts!

At least one person who, apparently can't stand the idea that there IS some history of false claims related to the topic of Climate Change, wrote that my thread should be removed because it has nothing to do with Mexico! 

What? 

Climate change is only for the USA?  For Canada?  Doesn't apply to Mexico?  How does such a statement give any credibility to the writer?

How does ignoring previous claims proven false, convince anyone that claims made today are valid?  It would make much more sense to admit those "old' claims were wrong, and move on to why these new claims are probably right.  At least in that way, you'd still have somebody listening, instead of ending up talking to yourself.

 

If someone doesn't like what someone else posts here, don't bother to read it!  If you did read it and feel you wasted "5 minutes you'll never get back", why bother to waste another 5 minutes of your precious time responding and telling everybody?  Apparently wasting your time isn't so much of a big deal.
 

At the very least, if you have a differing point of view, once you've posted it, why not move on?  Where is there a requirement for so many on both sides of any point, to have to make the other person join your view point?  Who cares if they do or don't?


Is everybody so insecure in their viewpoint(s) that having someone question it, or, God forbid, disagree with it, that you have to jump up with sticks or guns to fight them off?  To degrade your self by denigrating others?  How in the world does that prove you're right?

If you think the other person is small minded, stupid, or whatever, why continue to argue?  Why respond at all? Think responding makes you look any bigger? Smarter?

 

So many people posting here are taking on the attitude of the so-called Cancel Culture developing these days, which only accepts free speech as long as it agrees with their point of view; they can neither consider, or tolerate any view but their own and seek to cancle any other thought.

This is a terrible and dangerous trend for everybody everywhere, regardless of what you believe or what side you are on, in part, because sooner or later, you're going to find yourself on the wrong side of some subject to everybody else.

Ever read the The Hangman by Maurice Ogden? Eventually, if the Cancel Culture continues to thrive, at some point it will come for you too.


Following the crowd might work well in any number of circumstances, however, disallowing other, even conflicting ideas or viewpoints may give some selfrightous satisfaction, but it also eliminates the opportunity to test, confirm, improve or explore other options, which just might turn out to be better. 

 

What is it about the people on this forum, who spend so much of their time replying to so many other posts, that gives them the urge to kick, stomp and attack any and everybody that doesn't happen to agree with them? 

In what way does this help support a free or happy society, community?  How does it solve any problem?

How does this make any of our lives better? 

In what way is the concept of freedom of speech and the right to have an opinion upheld by such behavior? Does anyone consider  what i twould be like if our so call leaders build us a world where you have no right to speak at all?

And what gives anyone posting here, the "right" to tell someone that doesn't agree with them, to get off this board?  They aren't the owner of the board, they don't make the rules which, and mostly they don't follow the rules themselves. 

They have no right whatsoever to act or talk like that to other people also here just because those other's don't agree.

 

You Alan, and everyone else, has the right to disagree.  Be thankful for that right, and don't forget everone else has the same right.  You have the right to have and hold and believe whatever you want and express your opinion, but not to the point that you or anyone else keeps slamming it into someone else's face again and again, over and over, ad nausem...  certainly not, when all that's left is to be rude, inconsiderate, or imply nasty things...

 

This constant bickering between what may or may not be, simply political "sides" on this board reminds me of a group of mealy-mouthed, dirty little ignorant children, standing on opposite sides of the street, screaming at each other and throwing rocks because they don't agree or they aren't like yourselves.

Haven't any of you something actually CONStructive to do instead of all this destruction?


This board is meant to be a valuable resource for all of us living or coming to or curious about this wonderful place.  But instead, its mostly used for pissing-matches, name calling, us against them rhetorical B.S., which not only shows there are differences, but also widens the gap and creates huge amounts of animosity, solving nothing, and pushes away other people who'd like to use this board, as it was intended, not how it has developed.


I'm reminded of a court house scene in a well known movie where an old black man is on the witness stand, and the opposing attorney keeps calling him “boy”.  Finally, the old man says to the attorney, something like, "Sir, I'm 65 years old!  How old do I have to be before you stop calling me Boy!?"

So, how old do you all have to be before you stop behaving like unruly, ill-mannered children?

 

Even after I clearly stated I believe in climate change, many of you simply ignored that, and instead, just kept beating on me personally and beating your view point on the subject to death.  It does nothing for your appearance, nor to sway anyone else to your viewpoint.


Instead of trying beat up, best, or trample each other, how about displaying a few things like common decency and a little respect?


Any newbie coming to this board and reading the non-stop bickering that goes on here would reasonably come to the conclusion that the Lake Side Gringo community is nothing but a bunch of .... well, fill in your own descriptors... and apparently, they'd be right.

Many of you contribute your time and/or  money and efforts to charitable activities for the native community here, to schools and the firehouse and orphans and bettering the roads or parkways and so on, why not give a little charity here to your fellow gringos?

Personally, I sincerely and deeply care about the (terrible) examples being set here and the near total lack of any trace of human decency, respect or simple kindness to one another. I am grateful only a few Mexicans bother to read here, as I am embarrassed by the constant crap and what it makes all gringos look like.

Not to imply that it matters, I also care about the denigration of our planet, our children's educations, our health and lost livelihoods, and the continued attacks on our so called, inalienable rights; but at least I have some peace of mind, knowing our planet will be here long after the rest of us are done trampling on it and our fellows and once again, turned back to dust.

Again, I quote Dr. Albert Schweitzer, who said,  “men simply don't think”.

Why not be a part of the group that does.  Help, by your own words and actions to turn this board around, end the B.S. and endless disagreements and begin making this a truly valuable resource.

It's a choice. We stay the same or we remain the same.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AlongTheWay said:

Again, I quote Dr. Albert Schweitzer, who said,  “men simply don't think”.

I think I will have another beer.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AlongTheWay said:

Mister Alan, and to the rest of you,

Why would it matter to you, or anyone else for that matter, whether I reject or accept you view on anything??? 

Why would it matter to any of you posting on this board, if anyone else on this board did or didn't accept your point of view?

Why do so many people get so worked up and argue with such animosity, when it's already been shown, pretty much nobody here is changing their views on anything? Is it just for sport? Too many bored people?

Anyway, who wants to live in a world that has only one point of view about anything, where everything is a compromise and the only color is gray?

What time in the entirety of human history, has there ever been just one point of view held by everyone about anything? How did that turn out? Is the Sun carried across the sky by a chariot? Is the world flat?

Even with a simple rainbow, we all see something slightly different.  Project a narrow light beam through a prism, with the outbound light projecting the resulting colors onto a paper and ask a couple of people to put a mark at the exact point one color turns to the next color, and each person will place that mark in a slightly different position. Instead of arguing about where the line is, isn't just interesting that they can see the same thing so differently?

Why is it so threatening to so many, that someone else sees something different than you see?


You Alan, make clear inference that I wouldn't accept anything “not from my ilk”, as if that makes ME bad/stupid and what, different from you?  In what world do you imagine yourself as being open minded, open to another's point of view or having changed your views as a result of something someone wrote here?

When have you demonstrated the ability to listen, hear and actually consider another opinion?  Or to change yours?  Your posts certainly do not show it. Maybe this is more of a “do as I say, not as I do?

All of the respondents to this thread who argued Climate Change is real, refused to acknowledged the FACTS that those many news articles of the original posting, were actually printed; and that they were printed by many, well know, mostly left-leaning (and possibly some right-leaning) papers, and, the fact that none of those proficiencies came true. 

What, you think by pretending it didn't happen, that it's not a fact that you somehow gain credibility? (Not)

So many of you here (both liberal and conservatives) seem hell-bent to rain down your differing opinions upon one another as if there is only ONE way to think, and it's your way or the highway.  When you and others get tired of arguing your points, perhaps, fail to prove your points, you turn to belittling, name calling, telling someone to get off the board.

Third grade behavior hardly proves a point and never convinces someone to change their mind.

Here, I'm speaking to the plural "you", all of you bothering to read this, on both sides of the political viewpoints, and the you that couldn't care less about which side to speak on, that just want to make jokes and pour gasoline on the fires and sit back and enjoy the nasty, unpleasant interactions.

In what world of free speech, of basic common decency, is continued abuse against, and trying to discredit someone else just because they don't agree with you, a decent way of interacting? 
 

The earlier parts of this thread and things other's have said in their reply posts are a perfect examples.

I posted a list of articles which quote people with good standing in, as it happens, mostly left leaning circles; people who made claims of specific bad things happening and specific times frames they would happen, and of which, NONE happened. 

Fact.  None of them happened.

And when challenged by Maincoons to disprove any of it with factual evidence, not just opinion, none of you stepped up. Of course you didn't, because they are facts.  Instead, it was just more of the same name calling, disrespect and misdirection.

There is no factual argument that disproves that these things were claimed, who claimed them, which papers printed them, or, that they ALL ended up being false.

SO what?! The sky is still up there!

 

Perhaps the similar claims being made today WILL come true and in the time frames being claimed. But those in the previous articles didn't.  Indisputable fact.

Some people can read that list and laugh.  Some might read it and wonder, if the fact that all those claims ended up being wrong, might it suggest anything about similar claims being made today, many by the same people proven wrong in the past.  Others might just shrug and move on.  Who cares?

How does their belief change anything related to the planet getting warmer or getting colder or doing anything at all?

Seems like people who support the many similar claims being made today get all up in arms when this truth is presented; and want to jump on anyone who points out such historical facts.  Shoot the messenger!  Hide the facts!

At least one person who, apparently can't stand the idea that there IS some history of false claims related to the topic of Climate Change, wrote that my thread should be removed because it has nothing to do with Mexico! 

What? 

Climate change is only for the USA?  For Canada?  Doesn't apply to Mexico?  How does such a statement give any credibility to the writer?

How does ignoring previous claims proven false, convince anyone that claims made today are valid?  It would make much more sense to admit those "old' claims were wrong, and move on to why these new claims are probably right.  At least in that way, you'd still have somebody listening, instead of ending up talking to yourself.

 

If someone doesn't like what someone else posts here, don't bother to read it!  If you did read it and feel you wasted "5 minutes you'll never get back", why bother to waste another 5 minutes of your precious time responding and telling everybody?  Apparently wasting your time isn't so much of a big deal.
 

At the very least, if you have a differing point of view, once you've posted it, why not move on?  Where is there a requirement for so many on both sides of any point, to have to make the other person join your view point?  Who cares if they do or don't?


Is everybody so insecure in their viewpoint(s) that having someone question it, or, God forbid, disagree with it, that you have to jump up with sticks or guns to fight them off?  To degrade your self by denigrating others?  How in the world does that prove you're right?

If you think the other person is small minded, stupid, or whatever, why continue to argue?  Why respond at all? Think responding makes you look any bigger? Smarter?

 

So many people posting here are taking on the attitude of the so-called Cancel Culture developing these days, which only accepts free speech as long as it agrees with their point of view; they can neither consider, or tolerate any view but their own and seek to cancle any other thought.

This is a terrible and dangerous trend for everybody everywhere, regardless of what you believe or what side you are on, in part, because sooner or later, you're going to find yourself on the wrong side of some subject to everybody else.

Ever read the The Hangman by Maurice Ogden? Eventually, if the Cancel Culture continues to thrive, at some point it will come for you too.


Following the crowd might work well in any number of circumstances, however, disallowing other, even conflicting ideas or viewpoints may give some selfrightous satisfaction, but it also eliminates the opportunity to test, confirm, improve or explore other options, which just might turn out to be better. 

 

What is it about the people on this forum, who spend so much of their time replying to so many other posts, that gives them the urge to kick, stomp and attack any and everybody that doesn't happen to agree with them? 

In what way does this help support a free or happy society, community?  How does it solve any problem?

How does this make any of our lives better? 

In what way is the concept of freedom of speech and the right to have an opinion upheld by such behavior? Does anyone consider  what i twould be like if our so call leaders build us a world where you have no right to speak at all?

And what gives anyone posting here, the "right" to tell someone that doesn't agree with them, to get off this board?  They aren't the owner of the board, they don't make the rules which, and mostly they don't follow the rules themselves. 

They have no right whatsoever to act or talk like that to other people also here just because those other's don't agree.

 

You Alan, and everyone else, has the right to disagree.  Be thankful for that right, and don't forget everone else has the same right.  You have the right to have and hold and believe whatever you want and express your opinion, but not to the point that you or anyone else keeps slamming it into someone else's face again and again, over and over, ad nausem...  certainly not, when all that's left is to be rude, inconsiderate, or imply nasty things...

 

This constant bickering between what may or may not be, simply political "sides" on this board reminds me of a group of mealy-mouthed, dirty little ignorant children, standing on opposite sides of the street, screaming at each other and throwing rocks because they don't agree or they aren't like yourselves.

Haven't any of you something actually CONStructive to do instead of all this destruction?


This board is meant to be a valuable resource for all of us living or coming to or curious about this wonderful place.  But instead, its mostly used for pissing-matches, name calling, us against them rhetorical B.S., which not only shows there are differences, but also widens the gap and creates huge amounts of animosity, solving nothing, and pushes away other people who'd like to use this board, as it was intended, not how it has developed.


I'm reminded of a court house scene in a well known movie where an old black man is on the witness stand, and the opposing attorney keeps calling him “boy”.  Finally, the old man says to the attorney, something like, "Sir, I'm 65 years old!  How old do I have to be before you stop calling me Boy!?"

So, how old do you all have to be before you stop behaving like unruly, ill-mannered children?

 

Even after I clearly stated I believe in climate change, many of you simply ignored that, and instead, just kept beating on me personally and beating your view point on the subject to death.  It does nothing for your appearance, nor to sway anyone else to your viewpoint.


Instead of trying beat up, best, or trample each other, how about displaying a few things like common decency and a little respect?


Any newbie coming to this board and reading the non-stop bickering that goes on here would reasonably come to the conclusion that the Lake Side Gringo community is nothing but a bunch of .... well, fill in your own descriptors... and apparently, they'd be right.

Many of you contribute your time and/or  money and efforts to charitable activities for the native community here, to schools and the firehouse and orphans and bettering the roads or parkways and so on, why not give a little charity here to your fellow gringos?

Personally, I sincerely and deeply care about the (terrible) examples being set here and the near total lack of any trace of human decency, respect or simple kindness to one another. I am grateful only a few Mexicans bother to read here, as I am embarrassed by the constant crap and what it makes all gringos look like.

Not to imply that it matters, I also care about the denigration of our planet, our children's educations, our health and lost livelihoods, and the continued attacks on our so called, inalienable rights; but at least I have some peace of mind, knowing our planet will be here long after the rest of us are done trampling on it and our fellows and once again, turned back to dust.

Again, I quote Dr. Albert Schweitzer, who said,  “men simply don't think”.

Why not be a part of the group that does.  Help, by your own words and actions to turn this board around, end the B.S. and endless disagreements and begin making this a truly valuable resource.

It's a choice. We stay the same or we remain the same.

 

Bandwagon Argument, or ad populum:4628d289cdc443fd9065ca881badbfa4.jpg
 

"The saying “jumping on the bandwagon” pretty much sums this up. The bandwagon argument describes when someone makes a claim or supports a cause because it is the popular choice.

It assumes a proposition is true because most people believe it, but we’ve been debunking popular claims for centuries.

Millions once believed the Earth to be flat and motionless, and that the Earth was the center of the universe. Of course, the geocentric model was a limited observation that was later proved false by people like Nicolaus Copernicus, Johannes Kepler and Galileo Galilei, who argued instead the sun was at the center."

 
Ad hominem:6b2cbbb0c62e40daa5099d5db8604893.jpg
 

"Ever been in a fight and catch yourself attacking the other person, rather than focusing on the content of the argument? It happens.

“Ad hominem” is Latin for “to the man or person,” and in this situation refers to one person attacking the other in order to advance an argument.

“Friends” fans know this kind of banter well. Disagreements typically end in one of the friends making fun of Monica’s former fat self and her high-maintenance habits, or with someone teasing Ross for his paleontology rants and failed marriages.

This kind of fallacy is best combated by focusing on the logic and validity of an argument, instead of making it about the person. Separate the claims from the person making them."

https://www.workandmoney.com/s/common-logical-fallacies-1fb726854f1e4dc3

Your unbelievable multi perspective; ill manered put down of most posters on this board is not acceptable. Stop doing it, it is exceedingly rude and uncalled for. I now agree with the poster who said maybe you should leave. No one should have to be bullied by you.

 

This is what all your 2000+ words sum up - your clear message to me. Stating because something happened many years ago using your logic it is/can/will be proven to happen now no matter what NASA and advanced technology and studies from scientists states/have discovered over the  last decades NOW. Then and now are almost equal to you? Not to me in this regards - not even close. Might seem so to an unscientific subjected view perhaps?

Why did you ignore this savoury piece of evidence in favor of the "them" group?

You complain relentlessly we ignore your linked long report on mainstream news from 25 to 50 year old evidence - ever stop and wonder why?

You endlessly demand we accept your views as valid as ours with umpteenth paragraphs dedicated to this.

alex45920:

  On 2/26/2021 at 11:28 AM,AlongTheWay said:


Pitiful.

 

Pitiful indeed! Let me suggest you read this article from NASA to better inform yourself about climatic cycles, which you pretend to understand.

https://climate.nasa.gov/blog/2949/why-milankovitch-orbital-cycles-cant-explain-earths-current-warming/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe it or not I read about half of the "book" or diatribe posted by AlongTheWay above. He would have saved a lot of ink and keystrokes if he only re-posted my comments agreeing with him concerning the unworthiness and ridiculousness of the the many articles that he referenced and also those I referenced of a decade earlier predicting the next Ice Age!!! The bottom line is also in a post I made here where I referenced a famous edict "FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!"   

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AlongTheWay said:

 

If someone doesn't like what someone else posts here, don't bother to read it!  

That is good advice and certainly applies to the post that this quote came from.  WHEW!!!!!!!!! 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

...and what those long, long posts add up to is:  Folks who post on this board should simply follow the rule stated regarding civility.  IMHO, that one has been honored more in the breach lately than in the observance.  Perhaps there could be another rule about boring the rest of us. Double WHEW!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gringal, I just don't know how one could have a 'boring' meter. What bores one person is rich-food for another. I easily moderate my consumption here by 'blocking' completely some folks and glide right over other Posts that either don't interest me or are like the "longest post ever" above.

YMMV

P.S.  As far as following the rules..... that seems to be an impossibility in our environment by most of us....even by Moderators. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gringal said:

...and what those long, long posts add up to is:  Folks who post on this board should simply follow the rule stated regarding civility.  IMHO, that one has been honored more in the breach lately than in the observance.  Perhaps there could be another rule about boring the rest of us. Double WHEW!

You believe his hyperbole instead of this stealth interwined put downs of amlost everyone posting here in every post of his since mudgirl beat him and his odd premise I mentioned above. Whinny, repeatative posts with the victim ( poor me ) when nobody did anything to him from his first post on. Now he is getting nowhere in the debate so repeats his premise as if it should have equal billing as mudgirls premises and whins when it is completely ignored by the posters. Not only whins but accuses us of being babies, kids yelling at each other from across the street and a dozen more put downs all the while denying he is actually doing it and when I and others point it out to him (he immediately turns into the poor innocent victim of mean intollerant posters)-  psycological projection - his behaviour onto other posters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...