Chapala.com Webboard

Wolverine alert!

CHILLIN

11 hours ago, rafterbr said:

I think what you probably saw was a badger.  They are somewhat similar and there are badger in Mexico.  I don't think a wolverine would be this far south.

Chillin aka Gary Waller has proven many times on various web boards that his power of observations are somewhat fantasy oriented. In addition veracity is not his forte in the telling of many things.

• Haha 1

Probably Badger. Only three seen in California. Two in Tahoe area and one SE of Bishop California in the Inyo mountains. I am the person who saw the wolverine in the edge of Death Valley/Inyo mountains near 395 highway about 15 years ago.  We were driving down an old stage coach line in a gulley and right in the middle of the road was a wolverine.  Luckily I had experience with them from my youth as the driver wanted to get out of the car and check him out. I grabbed him and  closed the door as the wolverine attached our right front tire and the whole four runner shook.  My friend thanked me over and over while I was stress laughing.  We reported it to the state and they believed us as we had a picture to show.  They told us this is as far as they go south.

• Thanks 1

It was a dog, but you know that.

They are extremely aggressive and have very strong jaws and teeth. One attacked a Polar Bear, at a zoo, it crushed its throat and would not let go until it was dead.

If our resident great white hunter of the north encountered one, he would crap his fancy leather pants.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

We have lived in Jalisco for 14 years.  Our home backs up to open land and mountains.  We have seen quite a few badgers and javelina.  Many times large dogs look like wolves but, they are simply that, dogs.  Lived in MX 23 years, both States,surrounded by open land and mountains, and,  the only wolverine's that we have seen are on television.