Chapala.com Webboard

Free Covid vaccine

CHILLIN

I realize people are getting antsy, hoping to get these vaccines as soon as possible, but you have to remember the government of Mexico is providing these shots for absolutely free of charge. On their terms, and their procedures. If you are hopelessly flustered when some one asks a question, in only Spanish, or if you don't look forward sitting around perhaps for hours with many unvaccinated people, maybe you should wait for the private sector providers to emerge. It will not be long. Your peace of mind will reward you.

Another thing, when you arrive at the clinic for your appointment, do not be surprised that the clerks do not speak English. This is above their pay grade. Plenty of the managers in the back do, but they resent getting pulled away from their duties to deal with this.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

I realize people are getting antsy, hoping to get these vaccines as soon as possible, but you have to remember the government of Mexico is providing these shots for absolutely free of charge. On their terms, and their procedures. If you are hopelessly flustered when some one asks a question, in only Spanish, or if you don't look forward sitting around perhaps for hours with many unvaccinated people, maybe you should wait for the private sector providers to emerge. It will not be long. Your peace of mind will reward you.

Another thing, when you arrive at the clinic for your appointment, do not be surprised that the clerks do not speak English. This is above their pay grade. Plenty of the managers in the back do, but they resent getting pulled away from their duties to deal with this.

EVERY country is providing it free of charge; 99% are doing a better job of it.  Mexico is near bottom compared to other countries in every standard (number, %, vax per day, etc.). 

I love Mexico, but let's be honest. Speed and logistics are not its strong suits.

Lety, my friend at Quality Care, tells me they have only just found out that they are never going to get it. They lack the refrigeration requirements. I assume then this is the Pfziser vaccine. She said the San Antonio Hospital next door will be administering the shots. With NOB style English speakers and fairly accurate times and dates. No idea when, or how much. Many peoples medical insurance are covering the costs of vaccination.

2 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Lety, my friend at Quality Care, tells me they have only just found out that they are never going to get it. They lack the refrigeration requirements. I assume then this is the Pfziser vaccine. She said the San Antonio Hospital next door will be administering the shots. With NOB style English speakers and fairly accurate times and dates. No idea when, or how much. Many peoples medical insurance are covering the costs of vaccination.

Interesting as I went to both Quality Care and the San Antonio Hospital today and asked about vaccinating for Covid. Both places were adamant that no private hospitals or clinics would receive the vaccines-only public hospitals like the new one near Jocotepec or the centros de salud in San Juan Cosala or Jocotepec and maybe Chapala. One of the doctors at Quality Care said don't expect any vaccines in the area  for 6 months. The authorities are putting out conflicting information so no one knows for sure what will occur.

• Thanks 1

Amlo has said recently that the vaccines will not be available to state or private entities until all of the federal contract obligations have been met, sometime after the end of October.   He also said most of the over 60 will have their first dose by the end of April.  So take it with a grain of salt.

• Thanks 1

Jalisco began on Tuesday the vaccination campaign against COVID-19 for older adults in the municipality of Etzatlán.

Mrs. María Martha Vacio Hipólito, 74, was the first elderly person in the Entity to receive immunization.

In Etzatlán, 300 to 600 vaccines would be being applied to the same number of older adults, as reported by the Servants of the Nation who are at the vaccination post.

The official start-up began at 8:00 am in 23 of the municipalities in Jalisco "with the greatest marginalization," in the health regions of Colotlán , Tamazula , Ciudad Guzmán, Autlán , Puerto Vallarta and Ameca , with 29 centers for vaccination