Chapala.com Webboard

Mercado Libre

cedros

And that information will be generated by Mercado Libre as part of your receipt for a purchase. Simply print off the receipt and head to your nearest Oxxo. If you're not comfortable with the process, try purchasing something for less than 50 pesos and follow through to get the hang of how it works. Once you pay at Oxxo, attach the receipt they give you to your printed order. Mercado Libre will send you an e-mail of confirmation of receipt of funds and that your order is going forward.

I really like this way of purchasing something because I don't have to give out my credit card or jump through any other hoops. Painless.

• Like 1

Well, I also signed up several years ago and just finished making a purchase to be paid at Oxxo and didn't get asked for any photo. However, I never did give my credit card info to them in the first place. Perhaps after logging in, if you went immediately to your account and deleted the credit card information that they have on file and proceed from there?

I still don't see how to register at Mercado Libre. You have to register to sign in before you can order. To register you have to sent a photo of the front of your INE/ IFE card.

Open the website and click on "crea tu cuenta" which is in the yellow band at top on the right side. "clave" is the password you will create (don't forget to write it down somewhere). After registering and when you again return to the site, click on "ingresa" to put in your ID. That is, of course, if you log out of shopping sites when you've finished. I do but not everyone does.

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Open the website and click on "crea tu cuenta" which is in the yellow band at top on the right side. "clave" is the password you will create (don't forget to write it down somewhere). After registering and when you again return to the site, click on "ingresa" to put in your ID. That is, of course, if you log out of shopping sites when you've finished. I do but not everyone does.

You can't register until  you have sent a photo of the front of your INE/ IFE card.   Which as a non Mexican I don't have. 

Seems quite odd that they would limit their customers to only Mexicans. Sounds more like a brainfart on the part of their security team, who will all be fired when someone finds out they lost millions of sales due to this.

There is also no apparent way to contact them directly. Only a series of FAQ steps. Another fine example of low esteem for customers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cedros said:

You can't register until  you have sent a photo of the front of your INE/ IFE card.   Which as a non Mexican I don't have. 

Use your Residente Temporal (or Residente Permanente), whichever you have.  That should work.

3 hours ago, Ferret said:

This is definitely something new. And I don't understand why, for example, that I who have had an account for three years don't need to do this yet AndyPanda, who also previously was registered, does. Una rompecabeza extraordinaire.

I know a few people who are the same-can order but never had a Mexican voting card so I will just ask them to order for me.

On 2/18/2021 at 9:42 AM, Mostlylost said:

Try sending the front & back of your resident card. If you are not resident then your passport.  They are, like many online companies, trying to eliminate fraud. 

Yes it has to be a security thing. I took pictures of the front of my permanente visa and my passport with my digital phone but I cannot find the cable that connects my phone to my computer as it has been years since I used it. So I took pictures of the two with my cell phone and now I have to figure out how to get those pictures on my computer. 

48 minutes ago, cedros said:

Yes it has to be a security thing. I took pictures of the front of my permanente vixsa and my passport with my digital phone but I cannot find the cable that connects my phone to my computer as it has been years since I used it. So I took pictures of the two with my cell phone and now I have to figure out how to get those pictures on my computer. 

Access the website on your phone and complete the process. 

Yes it has to be a security thing. I took pictures of the front of my permanente vixsa and my passport with my digital phone but I cannot find the cable that connects my phone to my computer as it has been years since I used it. So I took pictures of the two with my cell phone and now I have to figure out how to get those pictures on my computer

It won't help anyway, as I pointed out.

• Like 1