Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico Now Has the Most Deadly Covid Outbreak in Latin America

Jim Bowie

27 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

What you are leaving out of the equation is the death rate not of the total population, or thise who have tedted positive, but of those who are sick enough to be hospitalized. Far more people in Mexico who end up in the hospital with COVID die than in other places.

Yes that’s what I said. Mexico ranks third in the death rates. But the death rates alone don’t paint the complete picture. As the majority is in Mexico City which is not a place to be. But the rest of Mexico is relatively safe. 

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

And where do you get that idea?

Well if you go by each region with the numbers report through the WHO and other sites then adjust for under reporting claims. Then compare to other countries with reputable reporting. It comes close. 

but if you just go by national reporting it’s scary. But just look at your regional report 

38 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

At least in Mexico it seems the cities have the biggest problems but that could also be related to more reporting and/or testing.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/crematoriums-funeral-homes-overwhelmed-in-major-cities/

I think so but each area will be different, just as New York City has more cases than Winslow Arizona. Bigger cities have more problems. That doesn’t mean that just because Big cities are bad the whole country is bad. 

Remember, the media loves bad news as it sells better. But our area seems good so we should be thankful that it is. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 11:38 AM, happyjillin said:

You would not have learned such nonsense in any school I attended and my retired teacher wife taught in in Canada.

I believe I was mistaken on the part of this being based on Democracy as it seems its actually based on political and economic divisions. Sources are as follows:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World#:~:text=The United States%2C Canada%2C Japan,represented the "Second World".&text=Some countries in the Communist,regarded as "Third World".

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2015/01/04/372684438/if-you-shouldnt-call-it-the-third-world-what-should-you-call-it

My wife and I discuss this often as she keeps saying Mexico is a third world country because its poor. So I am interested in you qualifying your statement from above, what part is nonsense?