Chapala.com Webboard

Restrictions lifted

daisy2013

Do you really think it is discriminatory    Seniors get discounts at the movie, shouldn’t everyone else, Simapa gives discount to seniors also 50 %,  discount on getting drivers licenses    These are some of the discounts that I can think of now.  We cannot complain only when it applies to us.   It was meant to keep us safe and to live.  It had good intentions. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, daisy2013 said:

Do you really think it is discriminatory    Seniors get discounts at the movie, shouldn’t everyone else, Simapa gives discount to seniors also 50 %,  discount on getting drivers licenses    These are some of the discounts that I can think of now.  We cannot complain only when it applies to us.   It was meant to keep us safe and to live.  It had good intentions. 

That has nothing at all to do with restricting your constitutional rights.  I've had four Mexican lawyers now tell me this was blatantly discriminatory and a clear violation of the Mexican constitution.  Spencer has told you the same thing.  Voluntary discounts by businesses for seniors is totally irrelevant.  For the most part it is a marketing tool or just simple kindness on the part of business owners.  It has nothing at all to do with restricting the basic right of anyone to be able to move around and get the food and medicine they need.

It was nonsense as far as the science goes as well.  Denying people access to basic supplies and making them expose themselves more to get them, and keeping them at home where most of them get covid to begin with was stupid beyond belief.  I have seen several articles in the Spanish press reporting on people who don't have the resources we do and the hardship and hazards it cost them.  Heck even our own bmh explained how she had to expose herself to more hazard as a result of this.  You haven't seen this in other covid countries or as far as I know in other states of Mexico.

For example:  https://www.informador.mx/jalisco/Boton-de-emergencia-Adultos-mayores-se-exponen-en-tianguis-para-comprar-viveres-20210210-0118.html

The State Commission for Human Rights of Jalisco stated categorically it was a violation of human rights. https://www.informador.mx/jalisco/COVID-19-en-Jalisco-Pide-CEDHJ-medidas-para-que-adultos-mayores-ingresen-a-tiendas-20210207-0041.html

It was tyranny, it made life harder and more dangerous for many seniors of modest means and limited family resources and it was unnecessary.

Next time it will be even easier to flout your basic human rights because no one put a stop to it this time.  Those same lawyers I talked to all agreed the case for an amparo to stop this was very strong.

That's how I see it.  And if it happens again I intend to put together a group who will help me fund it and we'll go for an amparo.  It should have been done this time.  PM me if you'd like to be contacted about taking action if they do this to us again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

So when these $%&/()s get covid rolling again is our even bigger :() of a governor going to lock us out of shopping for essentials again?  And will some here think that is just ducky?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Photo outside of GDL bar.  Bars, in case some of you still don't know, are notorious for covid transmission.  Unlike shopping for essentials.

On Chapultepec Avenue, hundreds of young people took advantage of the relaxation of restrictions to try to enter bars such as Vintage Club.  THE INFORMER / G.  Rooster

https://www.informador.mx/jalisco/COVID-19-Tras-relajar-restricciones-agolpan-bares-en-ZMG-20210214-0016.html

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mainecoons said:

So when these $%&/()s get covid rolling again is our even bigger :() of a governor going to lock us out of shopping for essentials again?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Photo outside of GDL bar.  Bars, in case some of you still don't know, are notorious for covid transmission.  Unlike shopping for essentials.

On Chapultepec Avenue, hundreds of young people took advantage of the relaxation of restrictions to try to enter bars such as Vintage Club.  THE INFORMER / G.  Rooster

Avoiding getting anywhere near jovens such these 'INVINCIBLE" goofballs is my top priority. They are everywhere in Chapala not taking precautions and ,yes, a majority of that age group 15-30, but fortunately not all. Also note that there are more males than females by far.

Laughed at your last sentence. They don't get Covid-19 or they don't get it (as in clueless)??? They're all Typhoid Marys as far as I'm concerned. But, this is the ME generation and, besides their selfish and inconsiderate attitude, young people always think that they're immortal. Duh!

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 2:19 PM, artsnob said:

do we know when they are going to start giving vaccines,you have to take whatever they have, and is anyone doing them privately that we have to pay for so we can have a choice which one we want

No one seems to know in spite of what Amlo says.

Artnob the problem now is that there is no extra vaccine outside of what is allocatedto countries..eventually it will losen up but right now you cannot buy vaccines. If you want to be vaccinated by whatever vaccine they are offering do it  or go to another country..  That is the choice we have now.. in a few months who knows.. They are vaccinating people nowm according to what they say.. Where I do not know.