Chapala.com Webboard

Seniors Getting Phone Calls re: Vaccine

Natasha

8 hours ago, Natasha said:

Since they have hundreds of thousands of people registered, no, it isn't.  Blanket responses would require huge number of e-mail "receivers". Same number of people mkaing phone calls for what they want is surely a better way. See my reply to Alpha 1.

Governments, media, corporations can send out hundreds of thousands emails to those in their databases from ONE COMPUTER by ONE PERSON in a matter of seconds.  Do you really think a separate person at a separate computer is typing YOU an individual email when you get an email from Amazon announcing their Kindle book sales every day....they go to millions of email accounts, pretty much simultaneously with a very few lines of computer code.  

• Like 1

You miss the point.  The person on the phone can get those 2 critical answers, immediately insert them in  gov. database, and it's over. With emails they would have to wait for each person's response.... which could spread out over more time since many of us are not velcro'd to our phones or computers 24/7.

On a happy note TV news this a.m. showed over-60's vacc's beginning today in Cancun......

On 2/14/2021 at 11:19 AM, Natasha said:

They confirm where you live (in my case he said "Chapala" and I replied Chapala municipality, but town of San Antonio.  He also asked if we are ambulatory or will need a home visit.  This is much faster for them if done by phone.  He also gave me his name and cell phone number.... I don't know why.

On 2/14/2021 at 11:23 AM, AlanMexicali said:

This is to confirm your contact # on their data base that they contacted you at the phone number you listed [ 'check mark' this person will come when we call him/her back] and you are ready to show up when notified again using this phone number, not anyway a convience for you as this confirms nothing for them. It can't be any clearer than that why they won't E-mail you or leave a voice mail on your phone.

The codigal postal you entered tells them your Town, Village, City....no need to confirm.  On needing home visit, they could have had a box for that on registration form, then contracted those who indicated 'yes' a vastly smaller number. Or, they could have said on form, if you need home visit, call your local health office.  

All this phone calling just adds to frustration, adds time to getting the vaccine.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bisbee Gal said:

The codigal postal you entered tells them your Town, Village, City....no need to confirm.  On needing home visit, they could have had a box for that on registration form, then contracted those who indicated 'yes' a vastly smaller number. Or, they could have said on form, if you need home visit, call your local health office.  

All this phone calling just adds to frustration, adds time to getting the vaccine.  

How many "over the hill" seniors DON'T screw up internet website questionares and enter a "bunch" of data 100 percent absolutely  correct. Most but not all. How many people in general are intelligent and educated enough in all of Mexico to do the same? Again most. Is most good enough? Of course not. In that case confirming everything needs to be done. Simple to understand. Best way is a phone call. Immediate confirmation of your ability and williness to show up when they call you back or be home if a home visit is required. Naive to think of asking people on the website do they need s homw visit and believing them. Almost everyone would check yes. I can not believe this simply to understand system is so damn hard to grasp for you and others. Just because you could do it 100 correct and answer E-mails and voice mails and be honest about needing a home visit doesn't mean every citizen or legal resident in Mexico can.

• Like 1

also via phone you can answer questions quiickly if there is a doubt. Once the call is over it shouldall be settled.. Way easier than e maiil for those who speak Spanish.  You never know when they call to confirm chapala they may have people who speak English otherwise people who cannot comunicate in Spanish may have to forward their calls to someone who does until the process is over. or have someone who speak Spanish answer..

Logistically speaking.... and that's all this is, Logistics....  seems to me it would be FAR more efficient to hit the first wave with emails and followup with the 'special cases' by a phone call. One computer makes hundreds of thousands of emails available immediately. One phone call takes... one person who is tied up X minutes wading through the initial questions.

• Like 1

I said that because it is useless to discuss what would be better. They will do what they will do no matter what we think or do. I have lived here a long time so and learn about patiience dealing with the government down in Chiapas so no problem. I just feel sorry for the people who do not speak Spanish.. Hopefully when they call people  they may make a note  or have people who speak English on the next call...you never know..

• Like 1