Chapala.com Webboard

Seniors Getting Phone Calls re: Vaccine

Natasha

37 minutes ago, Alpha1 said:

Since they possess the phone number as well as the email address, it may be more efficient for a mass mailing.

This would also allow the recipient to respond in Spanish as well.

This could then be placed into their database. Seems a lot more efficient.

E-mails do not confirm anything until there is a response and when they add up and cross reference responses if they  bother to - what a mess.

Connecting on a  cell phone almost everyone answers confirms you want to be vaccinated and can be contacted on that phone number. It obviously is the most logical method of confirmation not E-mails.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Floradude said:

I have an answering machine on my house phone.  I hope if I am not home when they call they will leave a message.

Can one 'call forward' a Telmex phone?  If so, and if I were waiting for a call as important as this one, I'd do that to make sure I got the call even if/when I was out and about.  

I put both my cell phone number and my home phone number in the boxes provided. In the comments section, I specified when they should call to make sure I was available. Took me five minutes to register this morning. Could have been done faster but I forgot to plug my printer into my laptop for my portable copy. I also saved the pdf to my desktop should I need to print it again.

45 minutes ago, RickS said:

Can one 'call forward' a Telmex phone?  If so, and if I were waiting for a call as important as this one, I'd do that to make sure I got the call even if/when I was out and about.  

Yes, we have our landline forwarding to our cell, permanently.   You can take it off and on fwding if you'd like.  

5 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

E-mails do not confirm anything until there is a response and when they add up and cross reference responses if they  bother to - what a mess.

Connecting on a  cell phone almost everyone answers confirms you want to be vaccinated and can be contacted on that phone number. It obviously is the most logical method of confirmation not E-mails.

But the entire exercise is rather silly---they are calling to ask you if you want the vax.  They know how hard it was to register, so they should accept the fact that you want the vax or you wouldn't have gone to their website.  

In the US, most register for a slot via online portals and are either texted or emailed any follow-up, including their appt. time, place and date.  There is no back-and-forth....you get assigned your slot and you either show up or you don't.  There are no phone calls in states where many of our friends have registered.  

It is far quicker to send out blanket emails to those who entered one on their file.  If a registrant did not include an email, then yes, a phone call makes sense.  

• Like 3

I have been getting calls from unknown (to me) numbers. In rapid Spanish. I got one of my Mexican workers to answer. She chatted with them a bit and she told me (I think) never to answer that number again as they where trying to steal my money.????? 

23 hours ago, Alpha1 said:

Since they possess the phone number as well as the email address, it may be more efficient for a mass mailing.

This would also allow the recipient to respond in Spanish as well.

This could then be placed into their database. Seems a lot more efficient.

They confirm where you live (in my case he said "Chapala" and I replied Chapala municipality, but town of San Antonio.  He also asked if we are ambulatory or will need a home visit.  This is much faster for them if done by phone.  He also gave me his name and cell phone number.... I don't know why.

18 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

It is far quicker to send out blanket emails to those who entered one on their file.  If a registrant did not include an email, then yes, a phone call makes sense.  

Since they have hundreds of thousands of people registered, no, it isn't.  Blanket responses would require huge number of e-mail "receivers". Same number of people mkaing phone calls for what they want is surely a better way. See my reply to Alpha 1.

47 minutes ago, Floradude said:

I put my house phone, my cell phone as well as my two email addresses. Something should work.  I cannot believe they would not leave a message if they were asked to.

This is to confirm your contact # on their data base that they contacted you at the phone number you listed [ 'check mark' this person will come when we call him/her back] and you are ready to show up when notified again using this phone number, not anyway a convience for you as this confirms nothing for them. It can't be any clearer than that why they won't E-mail you or leave a voice mail on your phone.