Chapala.com Webboard

Ilox with connected Wi-Fi Router

All Day

I have the Ilox AN5506-02-F Modem.  Is anybody using a router that is negotiating with the modem at 1000Mbps?
If so, what is the make and model of the router?  I have a TP Link Archer A9 and I can't get it to communicate with the modem at more than 100Mbps, so all my wireless devices are capped at 100Mbps. I have the 350Mpbs package with Ilox.

Thanks

There is a free PC program "Acrylic WiFi home" that will tell you what it thinks is the available wifi speed from your router.

My router is an Asus RT-AC86U and recently getting 125 mbps WiFi download speeds on my laptop; measured with nperf.com. I have the 100 mbps Ilox package.

Since you are saying all your devices are throttled to 100 mbps; is that both hard wired and Wifi?

I sort of remember hearing once that one of the ports on the Ilox modem was throttled at 100; try the other port.

58 minutes ago, Out1 said:

There is a free PC program "Acrylic WiFi home" that will tell you what it thinks is the available wifi speed from your router.

My router is an Asus RT-AC86U and recently getting 125 mbps WiFi download speeds on my laptop; measured with nperf.com. I have the 100 mbps Ilox package.

Since you are saying all your devices are throttled to 100 mbps; is that both hard wired and Wifi?

I sort of remember hearing once that one of the ports on the Ilox modem was throttled at 100; try the other port.

Acrylic says my 5Ghz wireless max speed is 1300Mbps (from my laptop).  My Wi-Fi Adapter (Intel 3650) shows max speed of 433.3Mbps. 

Hard wired I'm getting 350Mbps.  I can't find any options to change the port in the modem setup, it's currently set to 80.  

6 minutes ago, Out1 said:

Hardwired 350 to what the Ilox modem or the TP-Link router?

Port set at 80 on the TP-Link router ? usually there is a maximum bandwidth setting but I can't help you much more than that.

Try help files at TP-Link.

Hard wired to the Ilox modem.  Port set to 80 on Ilox modem.  I have the option on the TP Link to set Duplex to 1000Mbps, but it won't apply the settings.  It must have something to do with the router/modem handshake, or perhaps a faulty router.  Hey, thanks for your time.