Chapala.com Webboard

Guad Airport Antigen Testing Yesterday For Flight To LAX Today

southland

A brother and his tapatia wife were in town from Los Angeles and needed to fly back to LAX. I told them be sure to get tested at the airport for the ANTIGEN test, maybe even on their way back to Guad yesterday, check to see if they can get tested right then.

They got tested yesterday, but as you can read below, ANTIGEN testing is available also, same day as the flight. However, with the number of hours he recommended being there ahead of flight time to allow for testing and normal processing of bags etc, one might be well advised to get the test the day before a flight if the flight is very very early in the morning.

Here are his words for what they are worth:

"You can do same day. Looks like the majority of people did, but you should get there 4-5 hours before flight if you do. It’s on 2nd floor of parking structure.  You will fill out a form while in line and then they about 8-10 windows to fill out your data in their system and charge 450 pesos. They then call your name when ready to test you in separate booth. Swab to the nose around 8 times and your done. You then wait outside 30 minutes for results or they can send to your email. It’s Mexico, so I waited for a hard copy of course.

Hopefully this will clear up and you wont need to do it."

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

There's another mandatory form for all air travelers to the US: a passenger travel disclosure and attestation form. If you can print and complete prior to getting in line at the check-in, you'll save some time. It's here, on the CDC site, as well as airlines: https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/attachment-a-global-passenger-disclosure-and-attestation-2021-01-12-p.pdf

2 hours ago, southland said:

Brother just replied that the Test Center (at Guad Airport Parking Second Level)

IS OPEN 24 HOURS, so it will accommodate even an early early flight  ... for an Antigen test at least.

Southland , are you sure its on the 2nd level did you go there...Maybe I have lost my direction but I am sure it is on deck 3. Maybe your brother assumed he was on the 2nd deck because that was what the posted sign said???...not the actual signs on that deck!

Also I clarified the 2 different prices quoted for each Jab...If you can show a boarding pass/reservation, you received the lower price

If you just a walk in but not flying you pay the higher price

Just now, lakeside7 said:

Southland , are you sure its on the 2nd level did you go there...Maybe I have lost my direction but I am sure it is on deck 3. Maybe your brother assumed he was on the 2nd deck because that was what the posted sign said???...not the actual signs on that deck!

Also I clarified the 2 different prices quoted for each Jab...If you can show a boarding pass/reservation, you received the lower price

Deck 3 has no roof..  Dec 2 is total shade.

Deck 3 is piso 2         Deck 2 is piso 1          Ground floor is planta baja 

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

Mexico: Planta Baja = Ground Floor or 1st. Floor/Level

Piso 1 = 2nd. Floor/Level

Piso 2 = 3rd.Floor/Level

I really can't say, lakeside7, because the info came from my brother who was traveling after leaving the airport and now he's gone. He is not from here, so I would go with some of the other posters' clarifications of how the floors are set up and numbered.

I only hope the signs are clear for where the test center is,

where a person should go, and where a person can park, etc.

What is somewhat confounding for me is the lack of information or the presumption that a pcr test result can be achieved at the airport test center

in a matter of an hour or so. Is a laboratory on site right at the airport? The PCR test results I have always read about were taking anywhere from 48 to 96 hours for results.

Anyone know if somehow the airport is giving pcr tests with results within an hour or so. That would sure help the folks trying to get into countries requiring pcr testing.

9 minutes ago, southland said:

What is somewhat confounding for me is the lack of information or the presumption that a pcr test result can be achieved at the airport test center

in a matter of an hour or so. Is a laboratory on site right at the airport? The PCR test results I have always read about were taking anywhere from 48 to 96 hours for results.

Anyone know if somehow the airport is giving pcr tests with results within an hour or so. That would sure help the folks trying to get into countries requiring pcr testing.

A PCR test requires 5-6 hours in a laboratory with expensive equipment and specialized technicians, and are done in batches of multiple samples. (Doubtful it is done on site at the airport)

An Antigen test displays results in 10-15 minutes with inexpensive equipment, requires about 10 minutes of training, no laboratory is needed, and are done one at a time. 

2 hours ago, southland said:

in a matter of an hour or so

That isn't the information that is being given for a PCR test. Travelers are being told to show up 5-6 hours before their flight or come a day or two previous with your flight confirmation.

5 to 6 hours before if they need antigen. Day or 2 before with flight reservation if you need PCR.

If you can arrive 6 hours before a flight...take a PCR test and have time to get the results before check in it would be an earth shaking event as nowhere else in the world can a PCR test be completed in less than 5 or 6 hours.

3 hours ago, southland said:

There is nothing confounding about it, they recommend if you are taking 

the PCR test at airport you take it the day before your flight.

On UDGTV.com as well as El Economista:

Los pasajeros a vuelos internacionales tendrán que realizarse una prueba de antígeno para quienes viajen a los Estados Unidos, que se entregan los resultados en 30 a 45 minutos y la prueba PCR se entrega entre 36 a 48 horas para los que tengan la intención de viajar a Canadá o a los Países Bajos quiénes pidieron como requisito para ingresar a sus países el comprobante de resultado negativo.

5 hours ago, southland said:

If some one can tell me how to download photos from my phone to this page and have good photos showing costs and times etc

SARS-COVID   PCR 36-48 hours      ANT  30-45 minutes

Now remember you have to wait,, and the line can be short or l o n g