Chapala.com Webboard

Store Access

#HarryB

33 minutes ago, Upfront said:

is it illegal to discriminate based on health standards that could not have been conceived when these laws were written

You don't have to go shopping and expose yourself to the truly minimal possibility of getting covid therefrom.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Upfront said:

is it illegal to discriminate based on health standards that could not have been conceived when these laws were written

Yes.  I posted a link to a story in El Informador on another thread.  It is clearly explained there.  Also, earlier Spencer explained why it is a violation of a key part of the Mexican Constitution and can only be waived by following a specific legal process in that Constitution.  Absent that, it was and is patently illegal.  Not to mention stupid to think keeping a few older people from shopping for necessities is going to have any impact on public health.  The fact of the matter is they are at much greater risk at home among younger family members.

There's your on topic answer.  To reiterate, if you think you are at risk shopping, just don't do it.  It is that simple.

I believe Spencer contributed to helping make this happen.  Thank you Spencer!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, #HarryB said:

the State Human rights commission has ruled that seniors MUST have access to stores. Please be reassured and be safe

Your friend Hector Espana

How do we get a Spanish copy of this order?  I want to carry it into Costco on Thursday in case they haven't gotten the message.

18 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

The fact of the matter is they are at much greater risk at home among younger family members.

There is starting to be evidence that with the new variants, even masked shopping may be much riskier than previously due to the variants rapid spread / transmissibility and ability to infect in a very short period of time.    Stay safe everyone.....while it is certainly a right to enter a store no matter one's age, keeping it to the bare minimum or using other options would be the best choice right now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Upfront said:

your opinion and your use of the word stupid amongst other denigrating remarks toward anyone who does not agree with your OPINION on this topic are well known. no need to repeat it endlessly

He was referring to the gummints stupidity in keeping old people out of stores illegally to somehow slow the spread of covid. That's not calling a "person" on this board or anywhere else stupid. What big bro did, as far as I'm concerned, is beyond stupid and had no scientific basis. The main person responsible for your safety is yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

How do we get a Spanish copy of this order?  I want to carry it into Costco on Thursday in case they haven't gotten the message.

Actually there is no order

"The Jalisco State Human Rights Commission (CEDHJ) demanded that state authorities apply the precautionary measures issued so that older adults can access self-service, department and commercial stores.

The Jalisco government has not posted any change to the regulations 

https://coronavirus.jalisco.gob.mx/no-bajemos-la-guardia/

Why not just wait until the 13th  The current restrictions end February 12

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

Costco, because it charges a membership fee, can restrict access to anyone it wishes to. 

They are under no obligation to allow anyone in that they don't want to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Costco, because it charges a membership fee, can restrict access to anyone it wishes to. 

Costco isn't obliged to allow in its members who've paid a fee? You think?

Lexy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Upfront said:

your opinion and your use of the word stupid amongst other denigrating remarks toward anyone who does not agree with your OPINION on this topic are well known. no need to repeat it endlessly

I used the word to describe the policy as Happy has explained to you.  However if you wish to take it upon yourself, please feel free to do so.

12 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I paid them the membership fee and therefore are entitled to use the facilities until and unless they chose to cancel that membership and return said fee.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, virgo lady said:

There is starting to be evidence that with the new variants, even masked shopping may be much riskier than previously due to the variants rapid spread / transmissibility and ability to infect in a very short period of time.    Stay safe everyone.....while it is certainly a right to enter a store no matter one's age, keeping it to the bare minimum or using other options would be the best choice right now.

Then it will be more contagious at home.  At some point it is time to stop living in fear and seeing boogiemen around every corner.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Lexy said:

Costco isn't obliged to allow in its members who've paid a fee? You think?

Lexy

Yes. Exactly. That is the purpose of selling memberships: to control or limit who is part of your club, business or organization. 

If not, why would they? They're not raking in billions in profit from the membership fees. It's the exclusivity of being a member and the benefits that come with it. What a "club" giveth, they can taketh away.

Hey, I've been a happy Costco member for almost 30 years. But I'm also far younger than 60, so whatever... I get to shop. 😜

2 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Then it will be more contagious at home.  At some point it is time to stop living in fear and seeing boogiemen around every corner.

Not more contagious at home if people stay in a bubble, why are you comparing at home bubbles with being out in public crowded shops and seriously saying it is worse at home than out in public?    You must be joking but it is a very poor joke.

Every society that has had lockdowns and truly followed the restrictions and regulations has flattened or crushed the curve....so much so that they can now live normally again.    Your fear and boogiemen comments do you no credit and are denigrating to others and to those officials who enact them and to the public health workers who are under so much stress and workload.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

Not more contagious at home if people stay in a bubble, why are you comparing at home bubbles with being out in public crowded shops and seriously saying it is worse at home than out in public?    You must be joking but it is a very poor joke.

Every society that has had lockdowns and truly followed the restrictions and regulations has flattened or crushed the curve....so much so that they can now live normally again.    Your fear and boogiemen comments do you no credit and are denigrating to others and to those officials who enact them and to the public health workers who are under so much stress and workload.

Your choice to view this that way, my choice to view it otherwise.  You can also chose to be denigrated by remarks that are not directed to you personally.  I do observe some seem to have a lot of fear associated with this situation and latch onto any and all "bad" news no matter how tenuous.

Said officials have not only grossly violated basic human rights and laws in what is becoming obviously an exercise in futility and causing this to drag on now into the second year that I have no problem denigrating them at all.  it is a hazard of their chosen line of "work."

I've lived a long time and been around really bad pendemics like polio and no one stopped the world, put billions out of work,  

The public health workers are not making these policies and should be left out of your projection.

Your personal comment directed at me simply confirms your intolerance of a point of view you do not agree with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

Every society that has had lockdowns and truly followed the restrictions and regulations has flattened or crushed the curve....so much so that they can now live normally again.   

Just would like to know ....Name 5 societies that flattened or crushed the curve and  are now living normally because of lockdowns. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

Your choice to ignore and avoid the obvious facts that I stated also:

Every society that has had lockdowns and truly followed the restrictions and regulations has flattened or crushed the curve....so much so that they can now live normally again. 

Yes and they've all done major damage to themselves.  And they still have covid.  Now what?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

I used the word to describe the policy as Happy has explained to you.  However if you wish to take it upon yourself, please feel free to do so.

I paid them the membership fee and therefore are entitled to use the facilities until and unless they chose to cancel that membership and return said fee.

Have you not seen the videos of belligerent Costco members being forceably removed from the stores for not complying with mask requirements? 

It's in their best interest to make sure that they have a safe venue for their members to shop in. No comply, no buy. 

12 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

Your choice to ignore and avoid the obvious facts that I stated also:

I also call BS on that too.  Where did they flatten the curve?  In Europe where they spent all summer with extremely severe restrictions and all late fall the media kept reporting on how the virus was rampaging across Europe again forcing cities everywhere to go back into shutdown.  Or perhaps you mean East Asian countries where the populations are very healthy with extremely low levels of obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.  Or maybe you could mean NZ, a very small populated island nation on the opposite side of the world living completely isolated by distance from the rest of the world.  

43 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Have you not seen the videos of belligerent Costco members being forceably removed from the stores for not complying with mask requirements? 

It's in their best interest to make sure that they have a safe venue for their members to shop in. No comply, no buy. 

You are comparing apples and oranges.  This is not about complying with a legal mask policy while in the store.  This is about a current paid member in good standing complying with said mask regulation and social distancing illegally not being allowed in to shop at all because of age discrimination.  

I don't know how the Human Rights commission could make this any plainer.  It is illegal in Mexico to discriminate against someone solely on the basis of age.  

• Like 1