Chapala.com Webboard

New Indian Restaurant

nutz

2 minutes ago, Ian Greenwood said:

Andy p….. even for you… Critiquing a restaurant’s  policies that you have never been to or experienced is a new low or perhaps not….                   Chillin….. your speculations about two or three “ gravies “ made several days in advance is just that..pure speculation …and please as a saucier for several years before becoming Chef….. “ gravies “ are something your mother probably made .

No, it's not. You are generalizing too much (even for you) because I was talking about the use of chicken bits that should be used for making stock, not for serving in fancy dishes, and that applies to any restaurant. So you like the place. Big deal. I don't like that practice. Big deal. From your reaction, I suspect you are guilty of doing the same thing over your career.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Most restaurants who are South Asian and Pakistani use what they, not me, call base gravies. The practise began in U.K., where the chef would add special ingredients, like cream for butter chicken, or ground nuts for Korma. Otherwise they could never deliver a cooked from scratch meal. Search the many British Indian Cookbooks, and you will see. There is nothing wrong taste wise, and the gravies are often frozen. A big user of this technique is the Indian take out place in Centro Laguna Mall. Taste all his curry dishes side by side, and you will find they all taste very similar.

This book and author are one of the most popular and best selling, in the U.K. He is no Jafrey, but he make life simple for home cooks.

Andy Pandy….do you honestly think after eating my way around the world several times dining at many of the best Indian restaurants not to mention learning how to make many traditional Indian dishes from scratch ( NO GRAVIES ) that I would ever accept  “ bits of chicken meant for stock “  and be happy with it ? get a grip or a  better  still a life . As for my career …check it out ( google is your friend ) …a dozen  or so  restaurants all 2 or 3 stars….better get a drink and a sandwich it may take a while….. meanwhile why don’t you go try it… If then you don’t enjoy your bits of chicken you will at least have a little  credibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes, I'm sure you are the big kahuna, but I don't care about your history. Your attitude on this board is overbearing about just about everything. Two people said they got bits of garbage chicken, not real chicken, in their dish. How many attestations do you need? Why do I need to go to believe what they reported? "Get a grip"? "Get a life"? "Have a little credibility"? Could you be more insulting?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1