Chapala.com Webboard

New Indian Restaurant

A friend and I had lunch Saturday at the new Al Mergi. Located in the walk through at Plaza Bugambilias Ajijic.
Had butter chicken my friend ordered Ginger chicken, spiced to our liking a #4 on a scale of 0 to 10. Was perfect, not overpowering.
i30p and 140p respectively. The rice was tasty, not all sticky. Served in separate dishes so we could share. Nan included, neither my friend or I eat bread so we passed on the nan.
Would recommend trying them out. Something a little different.
The staff are friendly very accommodating to our taste buds.
Will defiantly go back again

• Thanks 1
On 2/7/2021 at 1:45 PM, CHILLIN said:

I hope the items on their menu ending in "ghost" do not mean ghost peppers. They are really, really hot!

We have been going to this restaurant in Guadalajara for months. Today we tried the new one in Ajijic. Excellent food and service in both locations. The food is spiced to order. They will ask you what number on a scale of 1-10. My husband loves his food very hot and he said 10 is not hot for him. As for me I can handle a 3 or 4. One time I asked for 8 and it was too hot. The owner said the chef is reluctant to make the dishes too hot for the ex-pats. LOL

14 hours ago, gogirl said:

This is not the correct menu. I can't find one to post.

It is indeed the correct menu.  Use the pull down feature.  I compared it to the one I got at Ajijic location this week...exact same items, exact same prices.

4 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

It is indeed the correct menu.  Use the pull down feature.  I compared it to the one I got at Ajijic location this week...exact same items, exact same prices.

Ok. Got it now.