Chapala.com Webboard

Guad Traffic

Dostortas

Just a heads up if you’re heading into Guad, give yourself extra time, they’ve started construction on the highway so it’s down to 2 lanes as the left lane is blocked off and being designated for detouring traffic heading towards Chapala as they will soon be closing off a stretch of the highway towards Chapala for road work.  Was on the road by 8:30 but didn’t reach Costco at Rafael Sanzio until 10:40.  It was very slow starting about 3km’s before the airport until the returno for the macro highway and The Tapatio.  

The parking lot at Costco is limited with 50% capacity, after waiting 30 minutes in line with no movement, most of us opted to park at the mall and walk over.  A bit cumbersome to have to lug your purchases across 6 lanes of traffic to get to your car.  Costco parking lot is blocked only allowing for entry on one side and exit on the other side.

Also, they were checking ID with proof of date of birth required before entering Costco.  I saw several members turned away.  

If you have an appointment in Guad, I advise you to check the traffic beforehand and plan accordingly.  

Perhaps the Costco on Lopez Mateo is easier to navigate at least until the restrictions have eased.  

Safe travels everyone.  

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 1:30 PM, HoneyBee said:

I am surprised that Costco is checking ID's since its a club. Thanks for the traffic update.

They can because they are a club. The lockdown is supposed to end at midnight tonight. Will Costco change?

4 hours ago, cedros said:

They can because they are a club. The lockdown is supposed to end at midnight tonight. Will Costco change?

They better.  They no longer have an excuse for their egregious discrimination against over 60's.

https://www.informador.mx/economia/Plan-COVID-2021-Que-cambia-en-los-comercios-20210212-0056.html

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Floradude said:

The project is supposed to take 2 month, but this being Mexico...

Costco should be open to everyone starting tomorrow, unless there is some announcement to the contrary.

I hope it is open soon.

Just got back from a doctor's appt in Guad. Yes, the traffic is down to 2 lanes and yes, it's going to be several months. This is for both directions. I really, really recommend that you use Google maps to check out traffic right before you leave your home. While most routes had crashes and/or construction, you can work out which delays are less backed-up, etc. If you don't mind a bit of traffic entering Guad, the macrolibramento is actually faster than the airport route. Someone said 2 moths? Bwahahahaha...ummmm, no.

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, cedros said:

I hope they get the work done before the rainy season starts.

Now c'mon, you know that's not how it's done. You dig things up really close to rainy season or at the beginning of tourist season or a major holiday week because you estimate the work to take a quarter the time is actually does.

• Like 1

When they started this they said it would be done by July----early? late?  But since they have to do all 6 lanes don't think for a moment this is going to end any time soon. And Mudgirl is right.... rains will complicate it. 

Monday May24.  Arrived at the start of the construction at 10:17 a.m.  Exited NIINE minutes later!!!!!  Personal record for me..... and I've had many times with no construction involved when it's taken longer than that.  Traffic going south out was heavier at that point.

Return  was a little congested part way down the hill (about 2:15 pm) but not all that bad. Used the contraflow lane and breezed through. Lines in-going were very heavy.  Since they are still on the out-going side, this is definitely going  to take MUCH longer than planned.