Chapala.com Webboard

Vaccine Type for Lakeside

lakeside7

Reading todays Mexico News Daily report suggests that if we are not in a isolated area then the shot will be The Sputnik or China's CanSino...so lets have a poll and hands up who will be the first line for either of the Sputnik or CanSino shot???

Seniors will not be permitted to choose the vaccine with which they wish to be inoculated, he said. President López Obrador said in January that the two-shot Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine will be used to inoculate seniors who live in isolated areas, Russia’s two-shot Sputnik V vaccine will be used in towns and medium-sized cities and China’s CanSino Biologics shot will be used in large cities.

Also at Tuesday’s press conference, Deputy Health Minister Hugo López-Gatell said that Mexico has signed a contract to purchase the Sputnik V vaccine.

Quite honestly, at this point I'm inclined to wait and see what the travel restrictions are to Canada by the summer (I normally go back every summer for a month or so, but didn't this last summer), as I would prefer to get vaccinated there. Canada is also working on their own vaccine.

In the meantime, I'll continue the safe practices I've been following since March. A few more months of wait and see doesn't seem that big a deal to me.

• Like 1

My first reaction is that I'd wait to see what's behind door number 3. China or Russia? Who do you trust more? Or less?

However, I face a conundrum having contracted Guillian Barré Syndrome about 20 years ago. It's an autoimmune reaction to an event like an infection that causes the white blood cells to turn on the body and attack nerves. After finally being diagnosed the neurologist said I could never have a flu shot because it could cause another reaction. If you look up GBS and Covid vaccine on the internet you'll see conflicting reports. The FDA says no problem while the CDC says no. (At least today).

I feel I have a better chance of surviving Covid than GBS at this point so for the moment I'll be waiting before making any decision about taking the vaccine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Interesting, John. I also have a nerve disorder, however it's one that has been little researched and that most doctors are unaware of. I hadn't considered that a vaccine could make it worse or cause other issues.

I've been much more interested in cures or medications that would lead to a mild case, as opposed to getting a vaccine. Normally I prefer prevention rather damage control, but as far as COVID goes, I'm wary as far as how little time the vaccines have been available and possible side effects. They don't even know at this point how long a vaccine would protect you for.

• Thanks 1

We're waiting. Hope to go back to the states when we feel it's time.

If things change and we can get the Pfizer vaccine here then we'll do that.

Lakeside got it backwards.. The  vacccines that will be used in the isolated areas will be the ones that do not need refrigeration so Pfizer is out for those areas. Actually people from an indigenous comunity invited me in their communty to receive it because none of them want it, they do not know what they will get because they are not isolated... I will just wait and see and play it by ear... I  can isolate and wear a mask so it is not the end of the world.

4 hours ago, bmh said:

Lakeside got it backwards.. The  vacccines that will be used in the isolated areas will be the ones that do not need refrigeration so Pfizer is out for those areas. Actually people from an indigenous comunity invited me in their communty to receive it because none of them want it, they do not know what they will get because they are not isolated... I will just wait and see and play it by ear... I  can isolate and wear a mask so it is not the end of the world.

Excuse  me I did not get it wrong,I was quoting the Mexico News Daily,  so perhaps you should  be directing your comment to the MND

• Thanks 1

Then they got it wrong  or someone changed their mind. It was annonced that Rusian and Chinese vaccines would be used in the isolated indigenous communitie because they did not have to be kept at extremely cold temperature  .. It makes ene to me..  Many of the remote communities I know have zero interest in getting vaccinated anyways . Several of the people i know told me I should go down there because they would have a surplus of vaccines becaue they did not want to . I am going down there for a project in April and if indeed they have the  Ruian  vaccine I probably will take it.. If as the paper says it is pfizer, even better but I doubt it.