Chapala.com Webboard

American Spirit Cigarettes

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

From your reponse on other posts. This tobacco habit is killing you.

One of the most successful smoking cessation methods is a book called "Alan Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking". He has a chapter specifically for those who would like to see their friends and loved ones quit. The main thing he tells those people is that pointing out to a smoker how bad it is for them isn't the least bit helpful and doesn't work at all.

Smokers already know all that, there's no need to tell them.

Would you tell some stranger that if they didn't eat so much, they wouldn't be so fat and that being fat is going to kill them? Most people wouldn't be so rude, yet many do the same thing to smokers- offer their unsolicited opinion and advice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Chillin', the apology would have been enough without the further snide.

EVERYBODY is different. There are many reasons to need nicotine in your life and it was used as medicine by the Indians in days gone by. It is really all the shit that is mixed in with tobacco and the soil in which it is grown that is the health hazard. Add to that the bleached paper used to contain the tobacco. The OP's choice of American Spirit is possibly a step in the right direction.

I prefer to vape. Now jump on me.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mudgirl said:

One of the most successful smoking cessation methods is a book called "Alan Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking". He has a chapter specifically for those who would like to see their friends and loved ones quit. The main thing he tells those people is that pointing out to a smoker how bad it is for them isn't the least bit helpful and doesn't work at all.

Smokers already know all that, there's no need to tell them.

Would you tell some stranger that if they didn't eat so much, they wouldn't be so fat and that being fat is going to kill them? Most people wouldn't be so rude, yet many do the same thing to smokers- offer their unsolicited opinion and advice.

My doctor tells people all the time to not smoke, watch their diet, regular exercise, lose weight - then she charges them 900 pesos. I don't consider her rude, and she is the best doctor I have ever had.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

My doctor tells people all the time to not smoke, watch their diet, regular exercise, lose weight - then she charges them 900 pesos. I don't consider her rude, and she is the best doctor I have ever had.

Which has nothing to do with my comment. She isn't giving unsolicited and chastizing advice to some stranger, she is doing the job that she is paid to do, advising her patients on what to do to stay healthy.

If you signed up for a driving course you would expect the instructor to tell you how to drive safely, which is totally different from having a back seat driver passenger constantly telling you to slow down or watch out for pedestrians.

• Like 3

Ah. You want the $25 answer. For that I would defer to John Stuart Mills as to when societies and the law should intervene to prevent self harm and the problems this can create, including the Cornellian Dilemma.

https://prismatically.blog/2020/07/02/a-critique-of-mills-harm-principle/#more-522

By the way if you really want natural tobacco, and think it is better, or even beneficial for you, visit Laura's Garden Center. By 711 in Riberas. She has ( had) bundles of cured tobacco, 5 or 6 kilos, if I remember, for about 100 pesos, again if I remember. Local farmers use it in a natural solution for crop pest control.

• Sad 2

42 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

Ah. You want the $25 answer. For that I would defer to John Stuart Mills as to when societies and the law should intervene to prevent self harm and the problems this can create, including the Cornellian Dilemma.

https://prismatically.blog/2020/07/02/a-critique-of-mills-harm-principle/#more-522

By the way if you really want natural tobacco, and think it is better, or even beneficial for you, visit Laura's Garden Center. By 711 in Riberas. She has ( had) bundles of cured tobacco, 5 or 6 kilos, if I remember, for about 100 pesos, again if I remember. Local farmers use it in a natural solution for crop pest control.

Or for $200p/box of 20 Churchills, call don Pablo for a real treat and have a tasty German pils with it while yer at it. All tobacco is natural.

puros cigars.jpg

bd cigar2.jpg