Chapala.com Webboard

painting restoration

49 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Doesn't appear to have the expertise that I'm looking for but thanks.

If you think you can do better than him (and I bet you didn't even talk to him) especially in our area, then you are living in a dream world. Good luck with that. 

https://www.chapala.com/elojo/163-articles-2014/april-2014/2475-miguel-mora-a-muralist-for-the-ages

• Like 4

no need to argue, there is a school of restoration in Guadaljara and great workers as well just ask INAH, they restore paintings from the XVI century on... so just ask INAH Pedro and you will find the type of expertise you are looking for.

I met some  some of the people restaut¿ring art work  in churces and they were from Guadaljara. All yo need is a little Spanish..

35 minutes ago, gimpychimp said:

If you think you can do better than him (and I bet you didn't even talk to him) especially in our area, then you are living in a dream world. Good luck with that. 

https://www.chapala.com/elojo/163-articles-2014/april-2014/2475-miguel-mora-a-muralist-for-the-ages

Sorry, I checked him out and as I have had 55+ years experience with antiques and art I  know the difference of where peoples areas of expertise  are. Nowhere on any of his bios that I  found did it suggest that he can do what I require. Again thanks for your attempt to help but your 2 posts are why am mainly looking to get a response from experienced people . At least some of that, which you don't seem to have in the least and you are the one living in fantasy land not I. I think I  will take gringals advice who is an artist and pose some questions to the person that was recommended by her and a few others.

• Sad 1

Enrique will be here in 20 minutes to have a look. I will then know by asking pertinent questions,whether he can do it or not.

If I didn't have an ego I  would not accomplish anything-eh! Go watch my video,upfront, so that you can further froth at the mouth and wallow in your self absorption.

• Sad 1

Enrique sponged some water on the back of my ggg grandmother portrait and now it's sitting in the sun. If that doesn't work he will re-stretch it. He doesn't want to risk attempting removal of the varnish on the other 2 paintings and says nobody around here could do it either so he will try to find somebody for me from Guadalajara. He was familiar with the technique that I used to clean the landscape as he has done that too.

• Like 2