Chapala.com Webboard

2021 Electric bills

Natasha

I just got a notification on one of my email addresses that CFE bill is ready.  I'm registered but the site WILL NOT work for me.  Question is this:  Odd time to get a notification.  Usually our bi-monthly bills arrive approx. 15th----- starting in February.

Has something changed?  Gracias

OK... let me re-phrase this.  I've NEVER been able to access---- months and months---- but that's not at issue.   What I REALLY wanted to know is:

Are we going to get monthly bills starting this current year, instead of the old 60-day system?  Gracias

I have the same problem about accesing.. also they have the wrong zip code on the address and I was looking for a way to change it without going there.. I tried to get the bill with any as proof of redidence and it was turned down because the zip code was wrong... 

There is no news on the CFE website of changing residential billing to a monthly cycle.   

CFE hand delivers bills to millions of residential companies every 2 months. There would be a huge cost increase involved to change to monthly for residential customers. 

My last billing cycle ended on December 10th. Last year the next cycle ended Feb 10.  Checking my account a few minutes ago nothing has changed and there was no billing in January.

1 hour ago, daisy2013 said:

Why would they change to monthly.  Cost effective every 2 months

Totally agree.  Doesn't answer why I got the mystery message.  Guess I'll try the tried and true Mexican method..... ask the neighbours!!  (Delivery person persists in putting thru garage doors and not front, so if dogs get to it first.........😫 )

On the other hand, maybe it was a form of phishing? In 22+ years we've always had 60-day billing so expect it to continue

Thanks to all.  I think we can say we're done here!

CFE has been sending out a few strange emails the past week or two, including ones to established solar accounts about signing a contract.   

Appears to be an admin error, checking into it and will post separately when the full picture is clearer.    Nothing to do with the monthly billingquestion of the OP.....iapart from the fact that the source of the confusion is the same in both cases.....(sigh)!    😉 

• Thanks 1

It also appears that their app CFE Contigo is experiencing a Catch-22 moment. For the last month or more when launched it says you must download the newest version. Flipping to the App Store you then get a message that this app is not available in your country. The portal and autopay still work so no real problem.

I still receive emails that a bill is due and at the correct time of the even numbered months. The last emails came in December.

14 minutes ago, John Shrall said:

It also appears that their app CFE Contigo is experiencing a Catch-22 moment. For the last month or more when launched it says you must download the newest version. Flipping to the App Store you then get a message that this app is not available in your country. The portal and autopay still work so no real problem.

I still receive emails that a bill is due and at the correct time of the even numbered months. The last emails came in December.

On the CFE website it shows this third option to download the app 

https://appgallery.huawei.com/#/app/C101693327

2 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

On the CFE website it shows this third option to download the app 

https://appgallery.huawei.com/#/app/C101693327

Have you tried downloading it? You can't from the Apple Store.

Maybe Android works or whatever the heck this Huawei link does. Why would anyone download an app directly from Huawei?

3 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

As long as you don't add <snork> at least once on every post.

All I can think of when I read that is someone suckin' the snot into their mouth and hawking a lugi. (No idea how to spell that disgusting term 🤢)

Just because I'm an insufferable pedantic:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=loogie

👍 

On 1/28/2021 at 5:32 PM, Natasha said:

Has something changed?  Gracias

Following up on this, nothing from CFE shows any change from the bi-monthly schedule and I am also just reviewing a brand new 2 month bill from an Ajijic client.     Reading date was Feb 2nd for 2 months.    So all appears to continue as before.     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1