Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

WORD AROUND TOWN IS THAT ALL THE HOSPITALS ARE FILLED WITH CV PATIENTS


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Not to beat a dead horse but anyone still think leeches (aka blood letting) are still a good idea? No?

But, golly gee, here is the article in the New England Journal of Medicine... dated 1842 but it's still in print so it must be true...

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM184208240270301

 

 

beauty-SNORK!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Not to beat a dead horse but anyone still think leeches (aka blood letting) are still a good idea? No?

But, golly gee, here is the article in the New England Journal of Medicine... dated 1842 but it's still in print so it must be true...

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM184208240270301

 

 

Actually, surgeons are using them again. They are used to draw blood through reattached fingers etc. What was old is new again;

 

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/bloody-suckers-leech-therapy/11360/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Taaffe said:

Or available on this web board daily     first subject on this forum

https://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/88232-official-federal-covid-19-stats-chapala-jocotepec-ixtlahuacán/page/9/#comments

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi

I had covid in march 2020 here. There weren't many cases in the US then. I ended up with double pneumonia, was put on antibiotics, prednisone and oxygen.  I really had a hard time breathing. Never thought it was covid. After the pneumonia was over i still had breathing problems so my PC suggested i stay on the oxygen when my level went below 90. I had an oximeter. At that time i was getting high blood pressure spikes, which i still get about 3 times a week. Got off the oxygen in April and booked a flight which was canceled because of covid. A few weeks later i had breathing problems again, so back on the oxygen. Now its about mid may. My dr ordered a full body catscan. It revealed my heart became damaged, it enlarged somewhat damaging my aorta and affecting my pulmonary artery which was causing the breathing problems.  Im still on oxygen most of the time. I asked if she thought i had covid and she said probably, you had all the symptoms and the post covid damage. But there were no tests around here in March. I am on social security disability, im 59 now, been on ssdi for 2 years for major back issues. I rent a home oxygenater which is good and have 50' of tubing to reach most rooms in house and some of outside. I need a portable oxigenator to get home. I cant go 12 hours without supplemental oxygen. I spent my savings waiting to get on ssdi, so i cant afford a portable oxigenator. Luckily my friend who lives here has let me stay on until i can get the money for it. Ive been here more than a year. 

I believe i did have covid especially because of the heart damage. I had catscans in 2019 at home and my heart was fine. I really cant go anywhere, so i am living in a bubble. Luckily its a nice bubble. When i see people walking around without masks it gives me the shivers. Dont they understand what they are risking. I have alot of friends in the Boston area who have it or had it. Luckily no one died. Its pretty scary. I lost my freedom, im hoping when i make it home maybe i can breathe better at sea level. Before i got it i could breathe perfectly fine here and i love the dry air. 

Anyway sorry i went on too long. Everyone stay safe and wear a mask.  When i caught it last march, early march no one was wearing masks. I believe i caught it from an expat that just arrived. Thats my guess. But its around so stay safe. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for taking the time to write your post hysopp2000. I am so sorry you are going through this but your post is so very important for people to understand that Covid can affect you long term aka Covid Longhaulers.

It is an insidious virus. To everyone out there...Wear your masks and social distance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear you are suffering. You have a bad experience.  Have you been tested to see if you had COVID? It is a simple antibody test. You can order it online from Farmacias del Ahorro https://www.fahorro.com/  if you don't want to go out. 

I do find it unusual that although you need oxygen and are suffering you are looking to buy cigarettes on your other post 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do not think the poster need to be laughed at or have sanctimonious people give their  comments.. If he is addicted to  tobacco it is his battle and it is neither funny or something he should be chastized about. It is his life and none of our business, I am sure  he is aware of the consequences and does not need out opinion..

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting your ongoing experience, hyssop. 

I'm so sick of those who like to point out that the death rate isn't that concerning, as if death is the only negative possibility if one contracts this virus. 

I've read of healthy young people who had mild cases of COVID but are now suffering long term health effects.

What gets me about those who won't follow the precaution directives is that if it was scientifically proven that if you wore red socks, you would never develop heart disease, diabetes, or cancer, wouldn't everyone want to wear red socks? Wearing a mask is no different.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi

I posted earlier about my covid experience. Someone pointed out i still smoke though on oxygen. Obviously i take the oxygen off to smoke a cigarette. Only a few a day, im so bored. Funny thing is that Ive smoked since college and after the CT my Dr said my lungs were clean from any past smoking damage. Ive had a full and wonderful life. I just figure a few cigarettes a day at this point wont matter. Life is short so i wont deny myself, but thanks for your comment and everyone else who commented. 

Everyone have a good day. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was a smoker, and did OK until age 62 when the heart attacks started. Lungs seemed fine, bur really were not, and heart failure continued, requiring several interventions and eight stents. It wasn't long before I was diagnosed with COPD and placed on oxygen. Increasing difficulty breathing then forced us to move to a lower elevation, so we sold our Chapala home and departed. We miss Chapala a lot.  Now, at 83, life is no fun at all, and I migrate from bed to recliner, etc, with a walker. A wheelchair stands ready, but I seldom leave the house.   This is your future, if I were to guess.  Please ditch the cigs, and I hope you have great medical insurance and/or millions of big bucks.  You will need them.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, hysopp2000 said:

Hi

I posted earlier about my covid experience. Someone pointed out i still smoke though on oxygen. Obviously i take the oxygen off to smoke a cigarette. Only a few a day, im so bored. Funny thing is that Ive smoked since college and after the CT my Dr said my lungs were clean from any past smoking damage. Ive had a full and wonderful life. I just figure a few cigarettes a day at this point wont matter. Life is short so i wont deny myself, but thanks for your comment and everyone else who commented. 

Everyone have a good day. 

Just do it. Sounds like you have the same doc that I have.I had another doc put me on oxy and I really didn't need it,never go below 88 and mainly hover around 94. I  kinda like knowing how long I  got left so I can enjoy Quality. Purros and mezcal are my thing and I ain't any of the worse for wear. ENJOY YERSELF!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I certainly wouldn't say that smoking won't necessarily harm you or that any smokers shouldn't aim to quit, nor that it's not a filthy habit (I have 2 smoking friends who died of COPD), not all smokers develop smoking related illness.

I have a friend who has gone through a couple types of cancer and her oncologist had been after her to get a lung xray, which she finally did. When the results came back, the doctor was really surprised and said that the xray looked like the lungs of someone who had never smoked a cigarette in their life.

My dad was a cigarette smoker until his late 20's, and quit when they started linking smoking to lung cancer. But he continued to smoke a pipe all his life and lived to the age of 92. He likely would have lived to at least 100, as he was super healthy and had no medical issues whatsoever. He died from a bad fall.

We all have different bodies that respond differently to different substances. Some people will develop a disease from eating too much sugar, some from alcohol, some from smoking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

I was a smoker, and did OK until age 62 when the heart attacks started. Lungs seemed fine, bur really were not, and heart failure continued, requiring several interventions and eight stents. It wasn't long before I was diagnosed with COPD and placed on oxygen. Increasing difficulty breathing then forced us to move to a lower elevation, so we sold our Chapala home and departed. We miss Chapala a lot.  Now, at 83, life is no fun at all, and I migrate from bed to recliner, etc, with a walker. A wheelchair stands ready, but I seldom leave the house.   This is your future, if I were to guess.  Please ditch the cigs, and I hope you have great medical insurance and/or millions of big bucks.  You will need them.

Thanks for the advice. Im sorry you had to leave Chapala. Im thinking when i am back at sea level i will breathe better and will see alot more Drs having good insurance back home. Good luck. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sea level does help some, but is not a cure. It just gets worse with time.  So, I disregard my vegan friends, and eat whatever I wish. Bacon is still my favorite food group.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

Sea level does help some, but is not a cure. It just gets worse with time.  So, I disregard my vegan friends, and eat whatever I wish. Bacon is still my favorite food group.

EVERYTHING is better with bacon...and the grease is the gift that keeps on giving.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/3/2021 at 11:48 AM, hysopp2000 said:

Hi

I had covid in march 2020 here. There weren't many cases in the US then. I ended up with double pneumonia, was put on antibiotics, prednisone and oxygen.  I really had a hard time breathing. Never thought it was covid.

There is a test for antibodies that shows if you had Covid. A Mexican told me he had the test and it showed positive for the antibodies. He thought he had a mild case and temporarily lost his sense of smell and taste plus he was very tired for a few weeks. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/4/2021 at 3:25 PM, RVGRINGO said:

Sea level does help some, but is not a cure. It just gets worse with time.  So, I disregard my vegan friends, and eat whatever I wish. Bacon is still my favorite food group.

Just for you RV...

 

thumbnail.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Joco said:

There is a test for antibodies that shows if you had Covid. A Mexican told me he had the test and it showed positive for the antibodies. He thought he had a mild case and temporarily lost his sense of smell and taste plus he was very tired for a few weeks. 

Maybe Denque??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Maybe Denque??

The test showed he had Covid antibodies. He had Covid but he is young, felt under the weather but not horribly ill. It has taken him weeks to recover from a mild case. It might take weeks more. This not a virus to take lightly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...