Chapala.com Webboard

Airport Testing Available

TelsZ4

It looks like testing will soon be available at Guadalajara airport...

Los Cabos Airport Will Offer Covid-19 Tests 

Los Cabos Airport Will Offer Covid-19 Tests

GAP, the group that operates twelve International airports in Mexico’s Pacific, including our very own Los Cabos International, revealed that it will deploy temporary labs in all of their airports to offer PCR or Antigen Covid-19 tests.

The labs will begin to be installed as of this Monday January 25 in Los Cabos, Guadalajara, Tijuana, Puerto Vallarta, Guanajuato, Hermosillo, Mexicali, Morelia, La Paz, Aguascalientes, los Mochis and Manzanillo. The cost of the Antigen test will be 450 pesos (about $23 bucks) and 1,450 pesos (about $75 bucks) for the PCR test. Plan 

This is great news. I wonder how it works- my understanding is that it takes some time to analyze PCR tests, it's not immediate. So will passengers with upcoming flights be able to go in a day or two before their flight, present their reservation and then come back and pick up the results when it's time for them to depart?

27 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

This is great news. I wonder how it works- my understanding is that it takes some time to analyze PCR tests, it's not immediate. So will passengers with upcoming flights be able to go in a day or two before their flight, present their reservation and then come back and pick up the results when it's time for them to depart?

It would be nice to get some more details, but I am guessing you would be able to do that. I would think the testing facility will be outside the secure area so you can show your test result at the check in desk.

From the Guadalajara Reporter..
GDL & PV AIRPORTS TO DO COVID TESTING

Temporary modules for Covid-19 tests are being installed at the Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta airports, as well as others in western Mexico operated by Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico (GAP).
From Tuesday, January 26, all air passengers entering the United States (including U.S. citizens) must present a negative Covid-19 test (antigen or PCR), taken within three calendar days of departure, or proof of recovery from the virus within the last 90 days.   
The tests will only be available to passengers booked on international flights and will cost 450 pesos (antigen) and 1,450 pesos (PCR).   Those who wish to take the test at the airport before their flight should arrive at least an hour earlier than the usual time recommended by the airline, GAP advises.
In a press release, GAP said testing modules will also be installed at its airports in Tijuana, Los Cabos, Guanajuato, Hermosillo, Mexicali, Morelia, La Paz, Aguascalientes, Los Mochis and Manzanillo.

Wow. Those are good prices. I paid 900 at Go Labs in Riberas on Saturday for the Antigen.  Results emailed back in 2 1/2 hours.

PCR test results usually take longer, don't they? Up to 3 days?  

FYI for those returning to Canada, official announcement will be made today along with details as to when this will start.  

Canadian government to force incoming travellers into hotels for quarantine

The hotel stays will be at travelers expense and is the latest in a string of measures designed to discourage Canadians from travelling abroad

Does the Canadian government publish any statistics as to the number of Covid infections caused by airline travelers entering before the requirement of the 72 hour test?

And after the requirement for a negative PCR 72 hours before their flight and quarantine requirement the number of persons that became positive while in quarantine? 

Or is like my best friend used to say  "just do something....even if it's wrong.. at least you can say I did something" 

3 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Does the Canadian government publish any statistics as to the number of Covid infections caused by airline travelers entering before the requirement of the 72 hour test?

And after the requirement for a negative PCR 72 hours before their flight and quarantine requirement the number of persons that became positive while in quarantine? 

Or is like my best friend used to say  "just do something....even if it's wrong.. at least you can say I did something" 

This gov. site shows flights where covid was present (assuming after the fact testing???).  But the data is truncated at 14 days, so the oldest flight date showing today is Jan. 14.  The PCR test was required on and after Jan. 7th.  I didn't see a way to access older data. 

Nonetheless, there are a lot of flights with positive covid present well after that Jan. 7th test requirement date.  So maybe the PCR test requirement isn't helping that  much???  Hard to say without data prior to Jan. 7.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/exposure-flights-cruise-ships-mass-gatherings.html