Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

AMLO has COVID-19


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

FWIW my nephew teaches and has lived in China for 7 years. When the Chinese government offered the vaccine to all the teachers, after they researched the vaccine (these teachers all have advanced degrees--my nephew is a lawyer), they all declined to take it. But the Chinese teachers on staff were required to take it.

This was not CanSino. But he said CanSino will likely be the next vaccine he will be offered. He said the final trials have not been made public yet: he is not optimistic.

My wife and I and everyone we have talked to about it will wait and buy the Pfizer vaccine. No hope at all AMLO will buy it for the general public knowing his track record no matter what he or one of his gang publically states.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I imagine a few of the national blood testing businesses will buy up a bunch of doses and make some profit delivering it. If anybody can't afford it, then they (possibly DIF)will be looking to pay for it.

In so far as other countries politicians showing leadership by example, which post was dumped, they are wearing masks even after getting vaccinated. That is the protocol by the way, and important for the public to know.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Upfront said:

this is just selfish. what, they think they are just going to be getting continued offers of vaccine? unless the research showed it was actuall BAD for them this is unacceptable behavior to me

The Chinese government did not require its bio-tech companies to release for review the results of their trials.  So yes, it may very well have been harmful to them or not effective, which is another way to harm someone--have them believe they are protected, when they are not. 

Brazil found out that the first Chinese vaccine is only giving 50% protection.  The EU, Britain and US will not approve a vaccine that is that ineffective.  

And selfish me--no way I will take the Russian vaccine for the very same reasons--lack of transparency and my distrust of a totalitarian regime.  

Russia and China operate on very different levels than democracies.  They are closed societies where the governments control the media and pretty much everything else.  

You go ahead and take the Sputnik or Chinese vaccine then let us know how it works out for you.

This is the kind of crap China does...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-injects-hundreds-of-thousands-with-experimental-covid-19-vaccines-11599834029

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 
 
 

"Mexico eyes delivery of Russian Sputnik V vaccine next week

Tue, January 26, 2021, 9:30 AM·1 min read
44d8e0c33857b7fd91f8a60bbde1ddc4
FILE PHOTO: A medic of a regional hospital receives Russia's 'Sputnik-V' vaccine

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico is very close to signing a contract for Russia's Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine and the first shipment of around 200,000 doses could arrive next week, a Mexican official said on Tuesday.

Juan Ferrer Aguilar, a senior health official, was speaking at a regular government news conference a day after President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador telephoned his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, and announced Russia would supply Mexico with 24 million doses over the next two months.

Ferrer said the finishing touches were being put on the contract for the deal, and that it could be signed on Tuesday.

Mexico is trying to secure as much vaccine supply as possible amid delays of some products and has said it plans to administer 7.4 million doses of Sputnik V through March.

However, Mexican health regulators have not yet authorized the use of Sputnik V."

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Upfront said:

thanks for the all knowing lecture. sorry my horse is still higher than yours

Bubba, you aint got no horse, you are All Hat !!!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AlanMexicali said:

 

 
 
 
 

"Mexico eyes delivery of Russian Sputnik V vaccine next week

Tue, January 26, 2021, 9:30 AM·1 min read
44d8e0c33857b7fd91f8a60bbde1ddc4
FILE PHOTO: A medic of a regional hospital receives Russia's 'Sputnik-V' vaccine

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico is very close to signing a contract for Russia's Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine and the first shipment of around 200,000 doses could arrive next week, a Mexican official said on Tuesday.

Juan Ferrer Aguilar, a senior health official, was speaking at a regular government news conference a day after President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador telephoned his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, and announced Russia would supply Mexico with 24 million doses over the next two months.

Ferrer said the finishing touches were being put on the contract for the deal, and that it could be signed on Tuesday.

Mexico is trying to secure as much vaccine supply as possible amid delays of some products and has said it plans to administer 7.4 million doses of Sputnik V through March.

However, Mexican health regulators have not yet authorized the use of Sputnik V."

I don't believe the AMLO Adm. has the money to buy much vaccine. That is why they are dragging their feet.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Hud said:

I don't believe the AMLO Adm. has the money to buy much vaccine. That is why they are dragging their feet.

 

You need to read the Mexican financial news. Mexico is more than enough set aside already. Even AMLO's pet multi billion dollar project is being paid with current funds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 https://news.yahoo.com/three-mexicos-most-powerful-men-005741377.html

 

LA Times

"Three of Mexico's most powerful men have COVID-19

Kate Linthicum
Mon, January 25, 2021, 6:57 PM

The illness of three men who represent the country's traditional axis of power — church, state and commerce — is a potent reminder of just how bad things have become in Mexico.

The country has recorded nearly 150,000 official COVID-19 deaths — the fourth-highest death toll in the world. Yet officials acknowledge that the true count is much higher. Mexico tallied 274,486 more deaths of all types in 2020 than in a normal year, and health experts said the vast majority are probably attributable to the pandemic.

López Obrador's government has been criticized worldwide for its lackadaisical response to the pandemic. Mexico has refused to invest in widespread testing, allowing the contagion to spread undetected, and the president has opted not to wear a mask even in public settings.

He announced that he had tested positive for COVID-19 late Sunday shortly after returning to Mexico City from a multistate tour, where over three days he held several meetings and attended two events.

Local media cite unnamed sources within his administration who say López Obrador fell ill with flu-like symptoms on Saturday and was administered a COVID-19 test that day. Many have criticized his decision to take a commercial Aeromexico flight home the following day despite already feeling sick.

The president has repeatedly downplayed the risks of the virus. In June, he told reporters that one of the tricks to not falling ill was good moral conduct. "No lying, no stealing, no betraying, that helps a lot to not get coronavirus," he said.

Slim, on the other hand, has been a leading crusader against the virus. He pushed for a deal to provide vaccines en masse in Latin America, and his charitable foundation has been licensed by AstraZeneca to supply 150 million doses of the vaccine to the region."

  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

You need to read the Mexican financial news. Mexico is more than enough set aside already. Even AMLO's pet multi billion dollar project is being paid with current funds. 

Don't believe everything you read.  :D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Hud said:

Don't believe everything you read.  :D

 

I begin to believe it when it comes from official and respected financial sources.

But maybe you have information more relevant to the finances of Mexico than the  major rating agencies in the world, all the newspapers in Mexico, and Central Bank of Mexico. 

If you are interested in facts you could start here:

https://www.banxico.org.mx/indexEn.html

Then continue here

https://www.transparenciapresupuestaria.gob.mx/es/PTP/infografia_ppef2020

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...