Chapala.com Webboard

AMLO has COVID-19

😞

That is seriously hateful,.

8 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

What's his treatment, a talisman? 

All these people who downplayed the seriousness of the virus, and especially those who shirked their duty to protect their constituents, should be barred from receiving any treatment at all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

What's his treatment, a talisman? 

All these people who downplayed the seriousness of the virus, and especially those who shirked their duty to protect their constituents, should be barred from receiving any treatment at all.

Exactly what one would expect from people like you. :(

43 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

😞

That is seriously hateful,.

Oh, and it wasn't hateful for him to go around hugging people and kissing babies without a mask and telling the country that they didn't have anything to worry about and not having any responsible pandemic precautions in place?

How many people has he infected?

At the very least, it's imbecilic and irresponsible. Not exactly good qualities for the head of a nation.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I'm sorry he has Covid. However, he IS the President and has access to health care and the most promising treatments. HOWEVER, his cavalier attitude may have infected OTHERS who don't have access to that kind of care. He should have listened to experts in science and healthcare and led by example because, obviously, his talismans and faith are worth nothing.

• Like 13

A president of a country can only get covid due to a combination of ignorance, negligence and/or stupidity.  Bad example for any locals if he survives which he most likely will thanks to every possible treatment available to a person in his position. No sympathy for him from me.

• Like 1

We have lost 7 healthy friends to Covid-19. You don't want to joke around with keeping away from people. All of them went to the INSABI Covid-19 hospital here. None of their family mentioned any medicines given - not that they were not given any - only that they were on ventilators. 3 in one family, two in another family and two others and one of my sister in laws for two weeks and her husband are fighting it at home and she is winning right at this moment  and her 79 old husband only felt sick for 5 or 6 days - he is now OK. Both are on oxigen concentrators and a heart surgeon friend attends to them with medicines.

1 hour ago, ea93105 said:

A president of a country can only get covid due to a combination of ignorance, negligence and/or stupidity.  Bad example for any locals if he survives which he most likely will thanks to every possible treatment available to a person in his position. No sympathy for him from me.

AMLO was vaccinated on Oct. 30th. with the CanSino vaccine - the Chinese vaccine - and I presume again on Nov. 30th. again.

27 minutes ago, AlanMexicali said:

AMLO was vaccinated on Oct. 30th. with the CanSino vaccine - the Chinese vaccine - and I presume again on Nov. 30th. again.

"AMLO has declined to get vaccinated against Covid-19 until late February, when others in his age group are scheduled for the shots."

Source: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mexico-president-downplayed-virus-covid-033119908.html

54 minutes ago, AlanMexicali said:

27 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

"AMLO has declined to get vaccinated against Covid-19 until late February, when others in his age group are scheduled for the shots."

Source: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mexico-president-downplayed-virus-covid-033119908.html

This below is from the El Financiero Newspaper. Do you expect him to always say things that are true or things that make him not like one of the politicans or connected persons that would cut into line to get a Covid-19 vaccination? 

IMG-20210124-WA0009.jpg

"Despite his age and high blood pressure, as well as undergoing surgery after a heart attack, López Obrador has said he won’t jump the line for a vaccination. But he was getting tested for the coronavirus once a week.

At his age and with his existing health conditions López Obrador’s turn for a vaccine could still be weeks away as the country still works to vaccinate front line health workers."

Source: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mexican-president-tests-positive-covid19_n_600e2c4ac5b6d64153ad0b09

5 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

This below is from the El Financiero Newspaper. Do you expect him to always say things that are true or things that make him not like one of the politicans or connected persons that would cut into line to get a Covid-19 vaccination? 

IMG-20210124-WA0009.jpg

I don't expect the press to be any more honest than the politicians and maybe less.

5 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

13 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

That's the vaccine the Brazilians found only worked half the time, yes?

No.  Brazil is using Sinovac from China.  MEX has contracted for doses of CanSino, but don't think it's been approved for distribution.  Last I read, CanSino submitted trials to MEX for approval earlier this month.  

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/13/chinas-sinovac-vaccine-reportedly-50point4percent-effective-in-brazilian-trial.html

So folks are mad at AMLO and offering severe negative views while others think these folks are being rude.  I think folks have a right when they see something stupid to be so critical.  It also maybe makes them feel better.  I do not worry about AMLO.  I worry about all the people he hugged, shook hands with, and just generally acted like nothing is going on.  I like AMLO as a human being but his behavior is not excusable in this instance.  I bet he can get oxygen. 

• Like 1

I can't figure out what anyone expects the head of a weak government in a country with minimal public health capability and resources, a lot of people with conditions that make covid worse or fatal, state governments that go their own way and a culture that is highly social and somewhat fatalistic.  Believe it or not, the head of a country, any country is not some sort of omnipotent god who can snap his fingers and all is well.  And particularly here where there are so many factors working against him.

In reality there was little anyone could do, these lockdowns have been a massive failure and have created great poverty, suffering and death on their own.  I believe he believes nature is going to run its course and I also believe the majority of Mexicans agree with him.  Self righteous expats who think government and control can fix every thing may not like this in which case I suggest you get used to it and keep the focus on your own self protection.  And to wish death on him because he, and in fact most Mexicans do not see things your way, is despicable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

While I disagree with AMLO's politics, and like many of us think he might be a little light in the logic department, I wish him a swift recovery. 

The system here is very different and there is no vice president to assume office. 

If the President of Mexico dies or is incapable of performing his duty, Mexico's Congress of the Union (legislature) may do two things:

A. If the President's absence happened during the first two years of his term, Congress forms and Electoral college and elects and interim President and must hold new elections within 18 months, to replace the interim.

B. If the absence happened during a President's last four years of his term, then the elected interim President will govern until that term is over. 

I believe B would apply.

He joins a long list of leaders who have contracted COVID-19.

Borris Johnson   Prime Minister United Kingdom, 

Mikhail Mishustin, Prime Minister Russia

Jair Bolsonaro    President Brasil,

Donald Trump  President US

( I may have missed some) 

Even      Prince Charles

plus hundreds of public servants.  

COVID shaming is a very sad thing, and I sincerely hope that anyone who does so does not contract it themselves. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1