Chapala.com Webboard

Entry over 60

CBGUY

21 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

I don't know Catherine Claire. Can you elaborate? Have these "dying at home" been tested?  If so why aren't they in the active case numbers? If they were not tested why not? 

She is a great advocate in our area and married to a Dr. She is on Facebook and most people know her or about her, she doesn't mess around and spread rumors. You all know MX is not doing accurate posting of cases here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Mostlylost said:

Ok  Since you know, but nobody else.....Put everyone in danger.  

As of yesterday there were 38 deaths reported in Chapala and 1 of every 13 were residents of 1 fracc. And you won't tell us so we can be safe from a massive outbreak?

Would you really want everyone to know you were dying? And how horrible it is?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, hensley said:

She is a great advocate in our area and married to a Dr. She is on Facebook and most people know her or about her, she doesn't mess around and spread rumors. You all know MX is not doing accurate posting of cases here.

The tests are all counted and reported so they would be in the numbers.

19 minutes ago, oregontochapala said:

If you are at home, as you should be, you have nothing to worry about.

I have nothing to worry about. Following the science as we have been told; I wear my KN95 mask properly, I use gel, I wash my hands, I don't spend time indoors with groups without masks, and I  avoid large crowds.  

Based on your logic it is a waste of time for governments to inform people of where outbreaks are., because everyone is staying home. 

If these someone knows someone, or I know but it's a secret  posts are to be believed it is inconceivable to think that the poster wouldn't want to let the public know when and where for the good of public safety. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

These people do not want people to know and definitely not  name their fracc. It is their option, probably Catherine is also helping them since 3 have already died.  This fracc could have lots more.   I cannot name them 

stay home and you will not have contact with them...

It isn't really their "option". It's a matter of public health, not a matter of not wishing to become the target of gossip. It's highly irresponsible to post something like this and then maintain that it's a secret.

If what you say is true, people who may have come in contact with those who are ill need to know.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

It isn't really their "option". It's a matter of public health, not a matter of not wishing to become the target of gossip. It's highly irresponsible to post something like this and then maintain that it's a secret.

If what you say is true, people who may have come in contact with those who are ill need to know.

3 guesses if it's true or not......1st 2 don't count

• Haha 1

Bla, bla, bla..."Nobody here knows nuthin'" (thanks again Yogi). "My maid said someone died...taxi drivers don't wear masks in the cab without passengers...a guy in the market had an ill fitting mask." Lets all just chill and do the right thing that everyone should know by now, and we will get over this. All of this blabbering here does nobody no good (my Yogiism).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Bla, bla, bla..."Nobody here knows nuthin'" (thanks again Yogi). "My maid said someone died...taxi drivers don't wear masks in the cab without passengers...a guy in the market had an ill fitting mask." Lets all just chill and do the right thing that everyone should know by now, and we will get over this. All of this blabbering here does nobody no good (my Yogiism).  

Then why do you bother commenting? Ignore the thread if it doesn't do you any good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

57 minutes ago, Upfront said:

anyone who reacted sad or confused to my post obviuosly feels that staying home TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF DISEASE is NOT important. which makes you all definitely sad and confused. how thoughtless. how cruel. how self entitled

I think most people are trying their best to protect themselves and hopefully others too.  There are some that have followed all the protocols and still unfortunately have contracted covid.  We need more compassion and understanding, less blame, criticism and finger pointing.  

• Like 4

I copied this from a post on Facebook:

I think mostly it just comes down to common sense. To me it matters little if someone has covid in the next town, your community, your street or next door. Your model at this time is a racoon. You wash your hands insesently, you wear a mask, you keep your safe distance, you limit your exposure to others. And don't touch your face except with freshly washed hands. That is the same if the person lives next door or is shopping on the same aisle at Walmart. If this is a neighbor please consider calling and asking if they need anything. Many are alone and anyone who has Covid must be scared. You could safely leave a food basket outside their door or make some soup. Don't let fear stop you from doing the things you would do for a neighbor in need. We need each other more than ever

• Like 3