Chapala.com Webboard

Entry over 60

CBGUY

There is a large sign at Walmart that says people over 60 aren't allowed in but I went in twice this morning.  No questions ask ed even though there were sevral Walmart employees hanging around there.

• Sad 1

I am over 60. I went to Soriana,  Walmart,  GDL farmacia in Chapala, Telcel main office,  Tony's Meat Market and SuperThief.  No problem with entry. I was greeted at Soriana with Buenos dias from the guard and at Telcel upon entry.  I saw people that I believe to be around 80 shopping,  some appeared to be couples even though signs state only one family member allowed in the store. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, ibarra said:

I am over 60. I went to Soriana,  Walmart,  GDL farmacia in Chapala, Telcel main office,  Tony's Meat Market and SuperThief.  No problem with entry. I was greeted at Soriana with Buenos dias from the guard and at Telcel upon entry.  I saw people that I believe to be around 80 shopping,  some appeared to be couples even though signs state only one family member allowed in the store. 

This :() is part of the reason the virus is spreading... And they even like to brag about it...

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

This :() is part of the reason the virus is spreading... And they even like to brag about it...

I find the bragging a serious turn-off, but honestly, the virus is spread by people who don't follow the precautions, who let their guard down, who don't see the danger in pulling down their mask in public "just for a few minutes" while they talk on the phone, etc. Like the guy in the supermarket last week who was wearing a mask, then the next thing I saw he had pulled it down around his chin while talking to his wife. When I said politely, from 4 meters distance, "Sir, could you please put your mask on", his response was "I'm talking". When I replied that everyone else manages to talk with their mask on, he pulled it up. So he either doesn't get it, or he doesn't really care.

Those are the kind of people who are spreading the virus.

Every 2 weeks I have to go out and do a big shop- I live alone, I have no one to do this for me, and I can't just order things to be delivered, I have to buy materials for my work, besides groceries. I am super, super careful and will leave a store if there are too many people in close quarters or those with their nose sticking out. I haven't been out to eat since February. I sterilize everything I've bought before bringing it in my home. No one else has been in my home since March except for a gal who comes to clean for me once every 2 weeks, with all my doors and windows open, and me staying out in my workshop. When she leaves, I sterilize the faucet handles, light switches, doorknobs, etc, she has touched and the doors and windows stay open. I have only socialized with a few friends or neighbors, only outside, with proper distancing.

I wish I had an alternative to going out for supplies, but I don't.

I'm not one of the people who is spreading the virus, nor are others who are behaving as I am. I have no idea if the braggarts here are.

• Like 5

The more we are out and about the more risk there is of getting Covid19 and spreading it.  It is necessary to leave the house sometimes but to brag about going to 4 food stores a pharmacy and a phone store is showing a blatant disregard for the safety of all of us..  All of that could have been purchased at one store and on line.. Minimizing the risk... It’s only for 2 weeks,  Is that to much to ask...?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And I see those somebodies every time I have to go out, which I avoid as much as possible. Somebodies with no mask, or their nose sticking out, or ill-fitting so it's gaping around the sides. Somebodies all standing around with their heads together laughing at something on their cell phone screen. Somebodies with no mask yelling out the window of their car at their buddy they see on the street. Taxi drivers sitting in their cabs with the windows rolled up and no mask on, which they only pull up when they get a fare. There's a ton of those somebodies and it really pisses me off. 

• Sad 1

According to Catherine Claire, there are 30 foreigners dying at home because they cannot get a hospital bed and she has called all the hospitals trying to help them, so keep this in mind if you get sick. There is no help out there for us or anyone for that matter right now, no matter how much money you have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

Just keep your distance and take care of yourself.  That has worked well for the expat community and it will continue to do so.

Not too well I know of one fraccionamiento that 3 died and 3 more have COVID-19 that we know of.  Could be more.  On Facebook people brag about going here and there and to lunch and dinner almost every day  I know some of them and they are way over 60 

I guess you are invincible until you are not.  

10 minutes ago, hensley said:

According to Catherine Claire, there are 30 foreigners dying at home because they cannot get a hospital bed and she has called all the hospitals trying to help them, so keep this in mind if you get sick. There is no help out there for us or anyone for that matter right now, no matter how much money you have.

I don't know Catherine Claire. Can you elaborate? Have these "dying at home" been tested?  If so why aren't they in the active case numbers? If they were not tested why not? 

13 minutes ago, daisy2013 said:

Not too well I know of one fraccionamiento that 3 died and 3 more have COVID-19 that we know of.  Could be more.  On Facebook people brag about going here and there and to lunch and dinner almost every day  I know some of them and they are way over 60 

I guess you are invincible until you are not.  

If this is true...please name the frac so the rest of us can be cautious and not have contact with people who live there...

10 minutes ago, daisy2013 said:

These people do not want people to know and definitely not  name their fracc. It is their option, probably Catherine is also helping them since 3 have already died.  This fracc could have lots more.   I cannot name them 

stay home and you will not have contact with them...

Ok  Since you know, but nobody else.....Put everyone in danger.  

As of yesterday there were 38 deaths reported in Chapala and 1 of every 13 were residents of 1 fracc. and of the 9 active cases 1 of every 3 is in that fracc...  And you won't tell us so we can be safe from a massive outbreak?

• Sad 1