Chapala.com Webboard

Supporting local musicians

Dostortas

Hi all,

During these covid times, many local artists and musicians have suffered financial losses not being able to play in live venues and are discovering other channels via the internet to share their music.  Local Guadalajara Blues Band Los Villanos and Lakeside’s very own Thomas Banks released a new song today.  Please give it a listen and throw some likes their way, every click counts!  Your support is very much appreciated.  😎

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGx7PeY97Bw

• Like 3

https://www.youtube.com/Rj5zpbSufD8

I have always supported the arts here but it's even more important for us to do so now as they all have family to support with little or no work available. One of my favourite musical philosophers is Bo Diddley And I thought,[yes I like laughing at myself], and looking for an inspirational song for the little time that I have left and also appropriate for my wake to have it covered for me[Pedro is Crazy]. Last thing he wrote[Bo Diddley is Crazy] before his death in 1996 and so is Pedro. Daniel and I rewrote some of the lyrics.

THE ARTISTS THAT DID THIS FOR ME.

Recorded,produced and mixed-Daniel Cordero.

Mastered-Rene Bon Ciric.

Rythm section- los Traficantes de Ritmo[Chris Cuevas-rythm and lead guitar, Chelo Gonzalez-drums, Sergio Casas-bass.

Lead vocals and harmony-Daniel Cordero.

Harmony-

Cassie Valenti.

Jen Jones.

Gaby Martinez de "Black Swan".

John King added the fotos depicting my life from the age of 4 until the present. This is the last thing on my bucket list.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Gosh, Pedro, some long ago and banned troll used that photo of you as his avatar.

Not here. It is my avatar on ALV which I, Pedro, no longer participate in and is still visible there on my[pedro's] posts that haven't been deleted. In any event I am hardly a troll if I use a foto of myself and not a cartoon and use my real name-eh angus!

pedro kertesz

• Haha 1

I'm shocked and amazed that only one troll response was made from the peanut gallery and only 1 like from an astute member that likes good music ,[yeah,yeah-James Brown], to this amazing video that if I would have commissioned  in Canada,USA or UK would have cost at least $30,000 USD which my wife would not have liked me to do without severe punishment. We are so fortunate to live in this country where living out ones dreams can be accomplished.

pedro kertesz

Amazing video...gracias! I saw James Brown live at the Wiltern Theatre in downtown LA towards the end of his career. This is a smaller venue such as the famous Apollo Theater in Harlem (where I also have seen some amazing Soul and R&B acts) and here is a video of him performing his famous Please, Please, Please cape act there:  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Getting back to the local music scene, I sure miss the live music at Adelite's just a few blocks from my house. Saturday live bands, and especially Monday with the Jamm Band of Paul, Chelo, Sergio and more. And yes, as the OP notes I often wonder how these amazing musicians are able to get through these tough times. Have my golf cart charged up and ready to go when they resume!!! Thank you again CHILLIN for your gracious donation of a couple of batteries, so now my chariot is ready for action!!!  

33 minutes ago, #HarryB said:

went to Adelitas once for the music. Band obviously didn't know how to use sound equipment and followed the Mexican rule of turn it up until no feedback. A table of 4 couldn't possible communicate. Ate As fast as possible and left. 

That's like saying all, not some, people from New Jersey follow the New Jersey rule of [fill in a negative]. Went there to foto shoot some of the pros who did my video. Had to wait until Chris, Chelo and Sergio finished their set so 4 of us sat at a table and [gasp!] had no trouble talking to each other even through our masks. Seems you are merely parroting a member[ezpz] of this board who has an axe to grind and insults all Mexican musicians. What is that sort of behaviour[painting everyone with the same brush negatively] called-eh!

2.jpg

1 hour ago, #HarryB said:

went to Adelitas once for the music. Band obviously didn't know how to use sound equipment and followed the Mexican rule of turn it up until no feedback. A table of 4 couldn't possible communicate. Ate As fast as possible and left. 

Same thing happened to us.  We avoid the place now when they do music.  Louder is not automatically better, people.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, #HarryB said:

48 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Same thing happened to us.  We avoid the place now when they do music.  Louder is not automatically better, people.  

When did you go and what was the groups name? During the "normal times" the music (2 nights only) started a little later (mostly about 8:30) and it was well known there would be a band there. Years ago there were complaints about the noise and Jason put a decibel meter on the wall (looks like a clock with a moving hand) in full view of the band and put restrictions in place. As an ole' time Rock an' Roller I spent a lot of times in some of the most notorious clubs in NY and LA, and  compared to those, Adelites seems mild. As far as I am concerned you do not go to a music club to communicate (except maybe during the breaks)!!!

36 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

What part of 4 of us talking at a table had no trouble hearing each other even with masks up while the music was playing did you and harryb miss? Because 1 band cheesed you both off does not mean all bands will. Some musicians are better at bluegrass than others for example.

2 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

What part of 4 of us talking at a table had no trouble hearing each other even with masks up while the music was playing did you and harryb miss? Because 1 band cheesed you both off does not mean all bands will. Some musicians are better at bluegrass than others for example.

That was your experience.  I reported ours.  Other family members reported the same experience.  We still patronize Adelitas, just not when the overly loud music is playing.