Chapala.com Webboard

How does Telemex repair service stack up

On January 6, 2021, I noticed that our internet was not working.  I then checked the Telmex phone line, and discovered that there was no dial tone.  Using my Cell Phone, we contacted the Telmex office and informed them.  They assured us after running some tests on our dsl modem that someone would be in touch with us in two to three days, No one contacted us, and we called them back.  They apologized and said they would expedite this and get someone on it right away.   We waited a couple of days, and no one contacted us.  I drove to the Telmex Office in Ajijic and informed them.  They apologized and said that someone would get right on it.  We have called them every day since that date.  It is now January 20, 2021, and no one has contacted us.  We have no phone service or internet service.  This is two weeks with no service, and no one has contacted us from the phone company.  We moved here 10 years ago, and have had reasonably good phone service and internet service since that time.  You would think that they would value a good customer, who always pays their bill on time.  I am perplexed.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I have always been courteous and respectful to them.

You may have better luck contacting the 1-800 number on the front of your modem. That call will be answered in Mexico City and you can ask for English if required. They are more than aware of the problems here. They will try and run some diagnostics from their end but, if all else fails, they will give you a work order number and will light a fire under the local office and/or the repair centre in Ajijic.

The Telmex office in Ajijic is the worst I've ever come across having lived in three different states in Mexico.

• Like 1

Tarheel103, Were you given a report/reporte number when you made your initial contact with Telmex?   If yes, according to what we were told by Oscar at the Ajijic Telmex office, and by a representative at the 800 number, "if service isn't restored within 72 hours of the report, a credit must be given for the lapse in service".   We have actually received a small credit 2 times in the last 3 years from them for not repairing our service within 72 hours. We had to go to the office in Ajijic with our report number to get the credits, but we did get them.   Of course, for your situation it is possible that como Mexico no hay dos!

LOL! I sure wish I'd known that five years ago... they would have owed me three and a half months worth of service.

Honestly, that's why I'm saying call the 1-800 number. You WILL get a work/service order number. And, interestingly enough, they will call you from Mexico City to see if it's fixed and all is well. Or, you can call them back if you're not happy. I kinda suspect that the local office has a circular filing cabinet.

18 hours ago, Ferret said:

The Telmex office in Ajijic is the worst I've ever come across having lived in three different states in Mexico.

If they are worse than the office in Bucerias, that says a lot. I've never had a Telmex account myself, but know plenty of people who do.

One friend had moved, but already had a contract and phone number she'd had for years and had transferred to multiple rentals she'd lived in. There was already a Telmex hookup at the new place she had moved to, all she needed was for them to connect it on her account. She kept being told there weren't enough lines available for a new service, and she kept expaining that it wasn't new service or line.

Finally she flagged down a Telmex truck she saw, the guy came and hooked her up, said he worked out of the PV office and that it was BS anyway that there weren't enough lines- said he did new installations all the time in Sayulita, that the Bucerias office was just lazy and incompetent.

2 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Why the exclamation marks? You find that an outrageous suggestion? 

I pay my Telcel and CFE bills at OXO, it's quite convenient. 

Good for you if your happy no problem. Frankly my dear I am not interested in how you pay your bills

Why the explanation mark... I happen to think it is "outrageous" that a large organization like Telmex firstly shut's down its office these past months..(why)..then can not  maintain the outside machine..it is ridiculous..Why have it there???

2 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Why the explanation mark... I happen to think it is "outrageous" that a large organization like Telmex firstly shut's down its office these past months..(why)..then can not  maintain the outside machine..it is ridiculous..Why have it there???

I've noticed that you seem to have endless complaints about how things are in Mexico. Of course there is plenty of incompetency but most of us who choose to live here know that and take it in stride. 

Why do you live here if it's such a source of endless frustration and irritation?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

I've noticed that you seem to have endless complaints about how things are in Mexico. Of course there is plenty of incompetency but most of us who choose to live here know that and take it in stride. 

Why do you live here if it's such a source of endless frustration and irritation?

Interesting you should be interested in my well being maybe I should stop by your office for some  analysis so that I can under stand why you are so happy with the deteriorating  goods and services provided by our local government's and monopiles like Telmex, who provide such p**s poor service.

But wait.... maybe you should also think why 11 million Mexicans wish to leave Paradise and go north..Let me give you a clue FRUSTRATION

I guess the next time you need surgery you will be happy "if they" give you a scalpel a needle and twine and tell you to go to OXXO.🙄😍😍

• Sad 1

Take a step back mudgirl. I have dealt with both the Bucerias Telmex and the one here in Ajijic. Bucerias is a model of exemplary service in comparison to Ajijic. The Ajijic office couldn't find their a$$ with both hands and a friend guiding them. It's REALLY bad.

3 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Take a step back mudgirl. I have dealt with both the Bucerias Telmex and the one here in Ajijic. Bucerias is a model of exemplary service in comparison to Ajijic. The Ajijic office couldn't find their a$$ with both hands and a friend guiding them. It's REALLY bad.

Glad I don't have to deal with them, then. I knew you lived in San Pancho, and would have been dealing with Bucerias, that's why I said if they were worse than those folks, it must be pretty bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

On January 6, 2021, I noticed that our internet was not working.  I then checked the Telmex phone line, and discovered that there was no dial tone.  Using my Cell Phone, we contacted the Telmex office and informed them.  They assured us after running some tests on our dsl modem that someone would be in touch with us in two to three days, No one contacted us, and we called them back.  They apologized and said they would expedite this and get someone on it right away.   We waited a couple of days, and no one contacted us.  I drove to the Telmex Office in Ajijic and informed them.  They apologized and said that someone would get right on it.  We have called them every day since that date.  It is now January 20, 2021, and no one has contacted us.  We have no phone service or internet service.  This is two weeks with no service, and no one has contacted us from the phone company.  We moved here 10 years ago, and have had reasonably good phone service and internet service since this time.  You would think that they would value a good customer, who always pays their bill on time.  I am perplexed. 

Finally on January 25, the phone came back on mysteriously.  We have still not heard anything from the phone company.  No service for 19 days, and the phone company neither offers an explanation nor an apology.  This is very poor customer service, but I am glad the service is working again.  The internet appears to be working well.

• Like 1

I do not get the office being closed for months in Ajijic.. I needed to change the names on my bills and do other things, I went to the office, they changed the names without giving me grief and gave me a phone number to call in Mexico to get what I wanted done.. Very helpful and friendly...and OPEN.

I do not know about the machine, the bank pays the bills..

2 hours ago, Tarheel103 said:

Update:

On January 6, 2021, I noticed that our internet was not working.  I then checked the Telmex phone line, and discovered that there was no dial tone.  Using my Cell Phone, we contacted the Telmex office and informed them.  They assured us after running some tests on our dsl modem that someone would be in touch with us in two to three days, No one contacted us, and we called them back.  They apologized and said they would expedite this and get someone on it right away.   We waited a couple of days, and no one contacted us.  I drove to the Telmex Office in Ajijic and informed them.  They apologized and said that someone would get right on it.  We have called them every day since that date.  It is now January 20, 2021, and no one has contacted us.  We have no phone service or internet service.  This is two weeks with no service, and no one has contacted us from the phone company.  We moved here 10 years ago, and have had reasonably good phone service and internet service since this time.  You would think that they would value a good customer, who always pays their bill on time.  I am perplexed. 

Finally on January 25, the phone came back on mysteriously.  We have still not heard anything from the phone company.  No service for 19 days, and the phone company neither offers an explanation nor an apology.  This is very poor customer service, but I am glad the service is working again.  The internet appears to be working well.

You can apply for a credit on your next bill by calling 800 123-2222  You will need the repair order number you were given.