Chapala.com Webboard

Costco hours for seniors

cedros

I have heard there are special hours for those over 60 for the Costco on Lopez Mateos but it is not mentioned on their website.  Does any one know if that is true and when the hours are?

Just now, mudgirl said:

Can't answer your question, but this is what grocery stores in Canada, at least where most of my old friends live, did and do. Only seniors allowed in from 7-8 or 8-9, depending on the store.

Makes more sense than telling them they can't go shopping at all.

Yes, I saw the same in BC. Costco was open 8 to 9 am for seniors and had quite a line up. Save on Foods, which is the major food retailer in BC, had a similar arangement. They were not very busy before 9. A good time to shop.

20 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Why would anyone listen to these $%&/()s?  They post click-bait nonsense daily on YouTube.  They do it to make money, most of their "advice" is crap.  

Their info is preferable to this:

15 hours ago, cedros said:

I have heard...

Why not ask the people that one "hears" stuff from?

Just now, AngusMactavish said:

Their info is preferable to this:

Why not ask the people that one "hears" stuff from?

Of course I asked who I had heard it from- the President of this Fracc. She replied check Costco's website which I did. As usual Facebook is more helpfu.

1 hour ago, Upfront said:

would love to see the word that $%&/() represents. because they really are a couple of old %#^%$!

Another useless post.

As far as their hours for seniors, there are none that I know of.

We were turned away at the door today when asked about our birthdate.  We called Costco today and we were told that persons under 15 or over 70 were not allowed into Costco for the next two weeks.  We went and then the new age cut off became 15 or over 60 when we arrived.   Lopez Mateo Sur location.  YMMV

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiko said:

We were turned away at the door today when asked about our birthdate.  We called Costco today and we were told that persons under 15 or over 70 were not allowed into Costco for the next two weeks.  We went and then the new age cut off became 15 or over 60 when we arrived.   Lopez Mateo Sur location.  YMMV

This is experience is trouble some, when certain "expert" poster's have said the Governor message was a "Request" and not a "Law"...obviously there is confusion within the business community and extends to us feeble  minded Gringo's

Lakeside7 You are talking about two different things;  One is can people over 60 leave their house. The other is can they enter certain stores

For the first here is the quote:   ..las personas mayores de 60 años deben permanecer en casa y la responsabilidad individual será clave:

persons over 60 years old should remain in their house and individual responsibility will be the key

For the second here is the quote:  Actividades con Restricción Parcial

Tiendas de autoservicio y departamentales (solo 1 persona) sin adultos mayores, ni menores

Self service stores and 1 person shops at a time, no older adults or minors. 

Can a person over 60 leave their house?  Yes         Are certain stores supposed to not let them enter  yes  

You can read it here 

https://coronavirus.jalisco.gob.mx/no-bajemos-la-guardia/

• Like 1

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that about 1/3 of the Costco parking lot was blocked off also so it was very difficult to find parking, I had to wait and follow someone to their car.  Nice to get out for the day and take a drive.   We always have other options with deliveries.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kiko said:

Thanks for posting a useful post.