Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Covid Vaccines


Recommended Posts

FlyFree, you also need to remember that a couple of years ago, Sec of State Tillerson wanted to close all consulates as a cost cutting measure. Saner heads prevailed, but their budgets were slashed. If you want to do something useful, write your congresspeople about increasing the State Department budget.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was only a matter of time.....

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&u=https://www.unotv.com/nacional/cofepris-alerta-venden-en-redes-vacuna-de-moderna-contra-covid/?fbclid%3DIwAR07x39aqy58xwUfDecS3efaKMeUa_7jfvrmfxwvjamWwDyE5y0v18a3EG0

The Federal Commission for Protection against Sanitary Risks (Cofepris) warned that it received information about the illegal commercialization of the COVID-19 vaccine from the company Moderna TX Inc., through social networks.


The COVID-19 vaccine from Moderna TX, Inc. , for the moment, is not authorized in Mexico and any COVID-19 vaccine that is for sale through internet pages, social networks, pharmacies, hospitals or points of sale in Mexico, constitutes a health risk because it is of doubtful origin.

For this reason, the Commission appealed to the population so that if they find the Moderna TX, Inc. vaccine for sale , they should not buy it.

He recalled that to date there are no private companies authorized to purchase the COVID-19 vaccine abroad for import and marketing purposes in the national territory, and in Mexico the application of the preventive vaccine against COVID-19 is free.

Called to report establishments, hospitals, doctors' offices, pharmacies or any other point of sale that offers this vaccine; You can make a health complaint on the following website: https://www.gob.mx/cofepris/acciones-y-programas/denuncias-sanitarias

In the event that you have purchased the dose and it has been applied, you can report adverse reactions or related discomforts on the Cofepris website https://www.gob.mx/cofepriso or through the email pharmacovigilancia @ cofepris. gob.mx

 

 

 

  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

It was only a matter of time.....

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&u=https://www.unotv.com/nacional/cofepris-alerta-venden-en-redes-vacuna-de-moderna-contra-covid/?fbclid%3DIwAR07x39aqy58xwUfDecS3efaKMeUa_7jfvrmfxwvjamWwDyE5y0v18a3EG0

The Federal Commission for Protection against Sanitary Risks (Cofepris) warned that it received information about the illegal commercialization of the COVID-19 vaccine from the company Moderna TX Inc., through social networks.


The COVID-19 vaccine from Moderna TX, Inc. , for the moment, is not authorized in Mexico and any COVID-19 vaccine that is for sale through internet pages, social networks, pharmacies, hospitals or points of sale in Mexico, constitutes a health risk because it is of doubtful origin.

For this reason, the Commission appealed to the population so that if they find the Moderna TX, Inc. vaccine for sale , they should not buy it.

He recalled that to date there are no private companies authorized to purchase the COVID-19 vaccine abroad for import and marketing purposes in the national territory, and in Mexico the application of the preventive vaccine against COVID-19 is free.

Called to report establishments, hospitals, doctors' offices, pharmacies or any other point of sale that offers this vaccine; You can make a health complaint on the following website: https://www.gob.mx/cofepris/acciones-y-programas/denuncias-sanitarias

In the event that you have purchased the dose and it has been applied, you can report adverse reactions or related discomforts on the Cofepris website https://www.gob.mx/cofepriso or through the email pharmacovigilancia @ cofepris. gob.mx

 

 

 

Bisbee Girl, thank you for this very useful information. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More info on fake vaccines and possible attempts by cartels to steal legitimate vaccines when en route to hospitals.

https://www.insightcrime.org/news/analysis/false-covid-vaccines-emerge/

In early December, INTERPOL issued a global alert warning of criminal activity around the falsification, theft and illegal advertising of COVID-19 and flu vaccines – the latest opportunistic and predatory criminal behavior triggered by the pandemic.

And while Mexico seems to be the early epicenter for criminal activity surrounding the COVID-19 vaccines, similar practices are emerging in numerous countries, including Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil and Panama.

Fake Vaccines
On January 8, Milenio reported that Mexico’s National Council of Private Security (Consejo Nacional de Seguridad Privada – CNSP) has confirmed the presence of laboratories set up by organized crime groups to create fake COVID-19 vaccines. The CNSP’s president, Raúl Sapién Santos, stated that such operations had been identified in Jalisco, Tamaulipas, Chihuahua, and Mexico City.

There are also concerns that organized crime groups, such as the Familia Michocana and the Jalisco Cartel New Generation (Cartel Jalisco Nueva Generación – CJNG) will try to infiltrate the supply-chain and steal vaccines en route to local hospitals.

If an organized crime group were to succeed in stealing vaccines, they could distribute false vaccines under the guise of selling the stolen doses. Given the role Mexican cartels have played in providing pandemic assistance to local communities, citizens may trust the vaccines are authentic, creating a false sense of security that could lead to greater community spread.

Data Gathering
On January 5, the Secretary of Health for Mexico’s state of Quintana Roo issued an alert warning of imposture “vaccine brigades” going door-to-door to collect residents’ personal information. Posing as members of the state’s Secretary of Health, brigades are falsely registering residents to receive the vaccine in exchange for a copy of their voter identification card.

The voter identification card, which looks like a driver’s license, contains an individual’s home address, voter code, and personal information which, in the wrong hands, could be used to apply for bank credit, open a credit card or steal a person’s identity.

Fake Websites
After being notified by Pfizer-BioNTech, one of the companies manufacturing the COVID-19 vaccine, on January 5, Mexican authorities announced the suspension of a website posing as the official Pfizer Mexico platform. The website, whose seemingly official URL—pfizermx.com—and polished interface, replete with company logos, listed a phone number to call to order the vaccine.

In a press conference, Mexico’s Undersecretary of Health Prevention and Promotion, Hugo López-Gatell emphasized that “there is no authorization to sell the vaccine. If someone claims to be selling you the COVID vaccine, they are committing fraud and putting you at risk.”

As misinformation on the pandemic surges, online scams promising vaccines or reserved spots in line are likely to increase, as opportunistic criminals look to make a quick buck on the public health crisis.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

COVID-19: University students will participate in vaccination brigades

Aimed at students, graduates, academics and health sciences and related careers, to participate as volunteers in the national vaccination strategy against COVID-19.

The University of Guadalajara launched this morning the call for university students to participate in the Vaccination Brigades against COVID-19. 

"We celebrate that the federal government opens the scheme of the vaccination network so that the universities can put all our capacities to the service of this vaccination."

The requirements to participate are to be a student at UdeG, have a minimum of 50 percent of the subjects taken or have finished the degree.

There will be two courses for those interested in applying the vaccine, it will last eight hours and its objective is that they have the basic knowledge and the risks in its application, which will be held at the University Center for Health Sciences. In the case of logistics, it will be a two-hour course.

According to the rector, it is expected that a vaccination point will be installed on each campus.  

http://www.udg.mx/es/convocatorias/brigadas-de-vacunacion-udeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today the Mexican government put this out.

To sign up 60 and older people to get an authorization "clave" and time, date, and location for a Covid-19 vaccination for free in your area you need a CURP and follow the directions at the website listed on the photos. https://vacunascovid.gob.mx

My wife is trying for us now. We want to see what vaccine they are offering by going there and how long it will be.

We really have no hint of an idea when the Pfizer vaccine will be available for us to purchase. Does anyone?

IMG-20210127-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20210127-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20210127-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210127-WA0000.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went to site, put in my CURP and this is (translated) answer.  PS I am over 60 which is Stage 2, Stage 1 being health personnel.  But it won't let me register now.  

For this stage, you are not within the vaccination group registered by your agency. If you are health personnel, please contact your medical director.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I went to site, put in my CURP and this is (translated) answer.  PS I am over 60 which is Stage 2, Stage 1 being health personnel.  But it won't let me register now.  

For this stage, you are not within the vaccination group registered by your agency. If you are health personnel, please contact your medical director.

Stage 2 for people 60 or older begins February    Stage 3 for 50+ begins April  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I went to site, put in my CURP and this is (translated) answer.  PS I am over 60 which is Stage 2, Stage 1 being health personnel.  But it won't let me register now.  

For this stage, you are not within the vaccination group registered by your agency. If you are health personnel, please contact your medical director.

 

3 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Stage 2 for people 60 or older begins February    Stage 3 for 50+ begins April  

I know now. My wife just told me. I should have read all 4 photos I posted. We plan to register then show up at the given time and place. Anyone else planning this? What can it hurt to see what they are offering - right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why does no one actually understand the purpose of the US Consulates in foreign countries.  

These are NOT to make things easier for US citizens. 

They are to make the US government offices and services available to the citizens of that foreign country.

NOT for the benefit of the US people who are hanging-out there in that country for whatever reason.  

The US Consulate can advise you and direct you but CANNOT solve problems for you or intervene on your behalf.  That is not heir purpose.  

Your taxing paying status has no benefit there.

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, solajijic said:

Why does no one actually understand the purpose of the US Consulates in foreign countries.  

These are NOT to make things easier for US citizens. 

They are to make the US government offices and services available to the citizens of that foreign country.

NOT for the benefit of the US people who are hanging-out there in that country for whatever reason.  

The US Consulate can advise you and direct you but CANNOT solve problems for you or intervene on your behalf.  That is not heir purpose.  

Your taxing paying status has no benefit there.

 

 

 

I think the OP understood and agreed to this a few days ago.

And by the way the consulates do have a Federal Benefits Unit, provide passport services, and provide advisories for US citizens living or visiting abroad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everybody take a deep breath and relax.  Half of the vaccine we were suppose to get is not coming according to AMLO.  We have production problems and we have administrative problems.  The original plans are probably worthless. A sizable amount of the vaccine is being moved around the world and we won't see it soon. So what can we do??   Nothing....oh I suppose we could act like the Europeans and demand it be restored and jump up and down and basically offer a pretty immature reaction. Look at AMLO for a mature response.  Do I understand it is bad well sure I do but I (or you) can't change a thing. It is going to take a while to fix all this and hopefully we can get the vaccine. We have a chance to show how mature we are or we can act like children.  I admit I am not a perfect person but I make an effort to understand the situation and stay calm and wait.  

Thank you for listening and I mean that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, lcscats said:

Everybody take a deep breath and relax.  Half of the vaccine we were suppose to get is not coming according to AMLO.  We have production problems and we have administrative problems.  The original plans are probably worthless. A sizable amount of the vaccine is being moved around the world and we won't see it soon. So what can we do??   Nothing....oh I suppose we could act like the Europeans and demand it be restored and jump up and down and basically offer a pretty immature reaction. Look at AMLO for a mature response.  Do I understand it is bad well sure I do but I (or you) can't change a thing. It is going to take a while to fix all this and hopefully we can get the vaccine. We have a chance to show how mature we are or we can act like children.  I admit I am not a perfect person but I make an effort to understand the situation and stay calm and wait.  

Thank you for listening and I mean that.

AMLO can't be trusted to his word. He constantly talks every morning Mon. to Fri. on his YouTube channel for about 2 hours and most of what he says is made up or is bashing innocent people or groups of people.

Many times he mentioned the contract they signed with Pfizer for 34.4 million vaccines on Dec. 2nd. and made excuses half a dozen times why they only got 463,000 just over a month ago. Guess what? They didn't sign any contract. It was made up probably to keep people from complaining. They ordered millions of vaccines this week and no Pfizer vaccines.

Typical AMLO game plan and NOT a mature way of conducting government business. Incompetent and trickary. Large quantities of discount unproven vaccines to vaccinate the general population almost two months later than any of the other industrialized nations. He stated recently to the Govenors a few times: If you don't like what we offer you for free buy your own vaccines for your residents with your own money. Pathetic.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Large quantities of discount unproven vaccines to vaccinate the general population almost two months later than any of the other industrialized nations

I consider my home country a one of the industrialized country and they are just as behind as Mexico.. so Mexico is not the only country that is behind on vaccination.. There they are getting Moderna and others but their vaccination schedules are awful... I think that is reality in most of the world.. the governments from various countries are showing how ncompetent they are when it comes to accomplish a very well define taks.. Vaccinate the population safely... Good luck to all of us..

I am not registering until I find out what vaccine they are giving.. Hopefully we will be to pay for a decent one later but that is not a given either..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bmh said:

 Large quantities of discount unproven vaccines to vaccinate the general population almost two months later than any of the other industrialized nations

I consider my home country a one of the industrialized country and they are just as behind as Mexico.. so Mexico is not the only country that is behind on vaccination.. There they are getting Moderna and others but their vaccination schedules are awful... I think that is reality in most of the world.. the governments from various countries are showing how ncompetent they are when it comes to accomplish a very well define taks.. Vaccinate the population safely... Good luck to all of us..

I am not registering until I find out what vaccine they are giving.. Hopefully we will be to pay for a decent one later but that is not a given either..

As of Jan. 22nd. France is doing a hell of a lot better than Mexico in vaccinating per 100 people. France  .11 ; Mexico .02 - near the bottom of the list. US .28; UK .44. Typical. Mexico is the 46th. worst country to be in during the Covid-19 pandemic. Pathetic.

https://www.atlas-mag.net/en/article/covid-19-vaccine-ranking-of-countries-per-doses-administered

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bmh said:

 

 "Large quantities of discount unproven vaccines to vaccinate the general population almost two months later than any of the other industrialized nations"

I consider my home country a one of the industrialized country and they are just as behind as Mexico.. so Mexico is not the only country that is behind on vaccination

 

 I meant Mexico is behind in signing contracts ordering vaccines not administrating the vaccine they have recieved. I bet France had signed contracts in  early Dec. and money to pay for it, or the EU had it arranged beforehand, like all industrialized nations in the multi-millions of doises. Mexico waited until this week claiming they had contracts signed, but didn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes there are a bit more disorganized and screwed up in Mexico than in France but France is also a mess, they now ran out of vaccine.. They are supposed to have done the old folks homes but do not want to show up until every one has listened the pro and cons of the vaccination and signed a release which get complicated when people do not have all their faculties..so if a percentage has not signed, they do not show up. So it is a very long process .. good thing they ran out... My mother who is 99 is probably going to die of depresssion for not being able to get out and see her family before she get vaccinated ..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

El Informador today

The Secretary of Foreign Relations,Marcelo Ebrard, announced that the pharmaceutical company Pfizer assured the Mexican government that as of February 15, it will resume sending doses of vaccine for COVID-19, which has been agreed.

He explained that with Pfizer there is a pre-purchase contract for 32.4 million doses of the vaccine, and it comes directly from the plant in Belgium.

According to the commitment, the delivery began on December 23, but there is a delay of about three weeks , which has stopped the progress of the Mexican government's vaccination program.

"They have told us that as of February 15 they will resume shipping," said Ebrard.

Marcelo Ebrard also informed the legislators that tomorrow, Friday, the Covax mechanism (coordinated by the WHO) will formalize to the Mexican Government the amount of vaccines that will be provided to the country, as well as the date.

With this mechanism, Mexico has contracted for the acquisition of 51 million vaccines.

"Tomorrow (Friday) Covax will formalize what is going to supply us between February and March," said Ebrard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The American biotech company Novavax said its COVID-19 vaccine candidate showed an efficacy of 89.3% in a phase 3 clinical trial involving more than 15,000 people. 

"NVX-CoV2373 has the potential to play an important role in solving this global public health crisis," said the company's President and CEO Stanley Erck. 

However, the results showed that this vaccine was much less effective against the variant of the coronavirus first identified in South Africa and that it is spreading rapidly around the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

COVID-19: Three thousand from the UdeG sign up for the vaccination brigades

Students from the Health area will be able to apply the vaccine and those from other careers will participate in logistics.

About three thousand members of the university community have signed up as volunteers in the vaccination brigades against COVID-19, in response to the call made by the University of Guadalajara (UdeG), said the rector Ricardo Villanueva.

Thus, students from the Health area will be able to apply the vaccine and those from other careers will participate in logistics.

There will be two courses for those interested in applying vaccines. They will last eight hours and are intended to acquire the basic knowledge, as well as the risks that are in the application, which will be carried out at the University Center for Health Sciences (CUCS). For logistics the course will last only two hours.

The rector's forecast is that by the time the biologicals arrive there will be a vaccination point on each university campus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...