Chapala.com Webboard

COVID 19 TESTING, LAKESIDE/GDL

Folks, be aware WHO is revising the number of cycle counts for PCR tests.

IOW, false positives were generated all the past year because the higher the cycle counts, the more likely the PCR test picked up on the remotest strand of the virus, i.e. not a contagious person dangerous to anyone, even her or himself.

Whether the implementation of fewer cycle counts for PCR testing is implemented here or other countries remains to be seen but it is a current issue as of 48 to 72 hours ago.

Then again, deaths persist, and cases of sickness mount; nevertheless, how disturbing that the regimen of testing once again comes under dramatic change from the world's science and health experts.

One might think almost a year is enough to get the testing regimen correct and accurate, but maybe the challenges are too great. All this does is throw more confusion at the standards of how the world will try to keep safe, and keep operating economies.

Bad enough that service levels are spotty and costs of testing are high, but to have the testing itself now be questioned -- what a pain, what a waste of time is what comes to mind about pcr testing, unless one is really really down with symptoms and danger is presenting.

0*0f7fAB1OxXCgHH-T.png

• Like 1

@Mostlylost What you posted is not available to general public,

The CareStart™ COVID-19 Antigen test kit allows for the rapid screening of COVID-19 infection on a large scale, with results in just 10 minutes. The CareStart™ COVID-19 Antigen Test is a lateral flow immunochromatographic assay for the detection of extracted nucleocapsid protein antigens specific to SARS-CoV-2 in swab specimens directly collected from individuals who are suspected of COVID-19 by their healthcare providers. This product is CLIA waived under FDA/EUA authorization.

This Item is NOT for resale and you must provide a valid CLIA License Number in order to purchase. A minimum of 2 kits must be ordered at the time of purchase. 

19 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Highway robbery lakeside!   The antigen test kit (rapid test done in house no laboratory needed) costs less than $5.00 US  when purchased in packs of 40 kits

2 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Yes you can buy them in USA. Many brands are available.

Please back this up with links to sales sites for these tests to the General Public.

37 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

@Mostlylost What you posted is not available to general public,

The CareStart™ COVID-19 Antigen test kit allows for the rapid screening of COVID-19 infection on a large scale, with results in just 10 minutes. The CareStart™ COVID-19 Antigen Test is a lateral flow immunochromatographic assay for the detection of extracted nucleocapsid protein antigens specific to SARS-CoV-2 in swab specimens directly collected from individuals who are suspected of COVID-19 by their healthcare providers. This product is CLIA waived under FDA/EUA authorization.

This Item is NOT for resale and you must provide a valid CLIA License Number in order to purchase. A minimum of 2 kits must be ordered at the time of purchase. 

The video was the only one I could quickly find showing how the test works.  That brand requires a prescription. There are others that do not. 

11 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

The video was the only one I could quickly find showing how the test works.  That brand requires a prescription. Thare are others that do not. 

Proof of this statement??

There are some that have approval, but as far as I can see there are NONE on the market in US.  

27 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Proof of this statement??

There are some that have approval, but as far as I can see there are NONE on the market in US.  

As far as you can see...

Your pharmacy in the US  could order the Brand Carestart and you would need a prescripción for that brand. 

https://www.dotmed.com/listing/disposables-general/quickkit/covid-19-antigen-test-kit/covid-test-kit/3429555

As to all the different brands that have been approved for home use for sale in the USA you could call you primary care doctor for a recommendation and which pharmacies have which brands in stock..

Normally purchasing medical devices online in the USA is difficult. 

9 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

As far as you can see...

Your pharmacy in the US  could order the Brand Carestart and you would need a prescripción for that brand. 

https://www.dotmed.com/listing/disposables-general/quickkit/covid-19-antigen-test-kit/covid-test-kit/3429555

As to all the different brands that have been approved for home use for sale in the USA you could call you primary care doctor for a recommendation and which pharmacies have which brands in stock..

Normally purchasing medical devices online in the USA is difficult. 

So your initial advice was just BS.  Thx.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

So your initial advice was just BS.  Thx.

Here is a second on-line.

https://www.einnews.com/pr_news/527823616/easyrapidnow-nasal-swab-antigen-rapid-covid-test-kits-now-available-to-businesses-brands-through-dermacare-packaging

My original post was to be critical of the pricing lakeside to antigen tests knowing how cheap they are in the USA. Someone asked if they could buy them in the USA and I replied that they could... That is because they can. Some need prescriptions, some do not. 

Now this thread has become you challenging me to find you the information on where you can buy a home test kit. 

Please don't be a jerk with me like you were in the past. I thought you got over that. I have been completely respectful to your posts. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Here is a second on-line.

https://www.einnews.com/pr_news/527823616/easyrapidnow-nasal-swab-antigen-rapid-covid-test-kits-now-available-to-businesses-brands-through-dermacare-packaging

And don't be a jerk with me like before. I thought you got over that. I have been completely respectful to your posts. 

When someone repeatedly posts incorrect info, even after being asked for clarification, are choosing fiction over fact.  I am respectful of people who post valid data, or if they post invalid data will admit their error.  People who stick with their fabrications, are just liars.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

When someone repeatedly posts incorrect info, even after being asked for clarification, are choosing fiction over fact.  I am respectful of people who post valid data, or if they post invalid data will admit their error.  People who stick with their fabrications, are just liars.  

You are welcome to your opinion.  It is just that an opinion and nothing more.. 

And please refrain from accusing me of fabricating information  and calling me a liar. Yet another personal attack. 

MODS  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The detail at last website you gave makes it clear it is not for in-home use.  Stop posting stuff about in-home test that are not yet available in US!

Can I use this test at home for self-testing?

The COVID-19 antigen test kit is not intended for at-home use. This test kit has to be administered by a healthcare professional. We are working on the submission of over-the-counter (OTC) permission. Please make sure to check with your local ministry of health or regulatory authorities before placing an order.

3 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

But you are stating untrue facts.  You have posted several times that @Zed could buy these tests in USA.  That is simply not true. 

You are welcome to your opinion.  It is just that an opinion and nothing more.. 

Abbott's BinaxNOW test first received FDA authorization back in August, and then got authorized for home use in mid-December. These tests are currently being distributed to local health departments across the U.S.  They're available with a prescription only. Results: This test is administered entirely at home with a self-collected nasal swab and gives users results within 15 minutes. 

8 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

The device displays your results much like a home pregnancy test.

If you need results for official purposes I doubt they will accept a home test. 

www.fahorro.com › kit-prueba-anti...

KIT PRUEBA ANTICUERPOS COVID19 PARA APLICACIÓN PERSONAL. $329.00. En Stock. "

Photo taken today at Farmacia Ahorro in my city of S.L.P.

20210122_114743.jpg

15 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

20210122_114743.jpg

fyi, anticuerpos = antibodies.  US requires antigen test for travel.  Antibody tests are pretty useless since they do not test for active virus.

1 hour ago, Bisbee Gal said:

fyi, anticuerpos = antibodies.  US requires antigen test for travel.  Antibody tests are pretty useless since they do not test for active virus.

17 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

20210122_114743.jpg

I know. See the photo I took today while ar Famarcia Ahorro.

20210122_114743.jpg

19 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

But you are stating untrue facts.  You have posted several times that @Zed could buy these tests in USA.  That is simply not true. 

Learn to read folks. This is starting to irk me. Its not the first time.  I am Zed.  I have not posted anything.   Zeb is the one posting. Not the same person. 

El Informador reports: 

COVID-19: Guadalajara Airport will install laboratory for tests

The cost of the Antigen test will be 450 pesos and the PCR of 1,450 pesos; prices applicable only to passengers on international flights. (My comment: since a PCR test requires appx 6 hours in the lab it would be basically imposible to have a PCR test the same day as the flight whereas an antigen test can have results in as little as 15 minutes)

Given the provisions of the United States government so that every passenger who enters its territory has a negative COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test, the Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico (GAP) reported that it will install a temporary laboratory at the Guadalajara Airport, so that users who do not have a valid test by the American authorities can take the exam and travel safely to the neighboring country.

The GAP informed that the laboratories will be installed throughout the airport network. In this way, as of Monday, January 25, the temporary modules will also be gradually assembled at the airports of Tijuana, Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta, Guanajuato, Hermosillo, Mexicali, Morelia, La Paz, Aguascalientes, Los Mochis and Manzanillo .

The airport group recommended that passengers arrive with enough time to take their flight and previously, if possible, the documentation and requirements to fly, as well as taking the test in the city's laboratories.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I went to your link, which was for antibodies.  Ok, see the pic, but unclear if it is for at-home or at the pharmacy??  

The sign at the very top states: "Servico de aplicación de la Pruebla de Antigeno Covid 19" and has a drawing of a gowned arm and a gloved hand sticking a sample probe into someones nose.

2 minutes ago, AlanMexicali said:

The sign at the very top states: "Servico de aplicación de la Pruebla de Antigeno Covid 19" and has a drawing of a gloved hand and gowned arm sticking a sample probe into someones nose.

Reading the description: 

KIT PRUEBA ANTICUERPOS COVID19 PARA APLICACIÓN PERSONAL

Personal application is  basically do it yourself wouldn't you think?