Chapala.com Webboard

Mixing Covid Vaccines?

CHILLIN

Just curious......

If you had a cuadrivalent vaccination for influenza made by Astrozencea would you want to get one made by Johnson & Johnson 3 month later?  If so why.

It would be a waste of time because your body would have already built up the memory of the virus if you had an RNA based vaccine like Pfizer & Moderna or a recombinant vaccine like Astrozenica or Johnson & Johnson

You cannot mix the vaccines.  I had my Phizer  vaccine last week and received a information package.  The Johnson & Johnson vaccine uses a completely different formula,  The Phizer and Moderna are somewhat similar the Johnson & Johnson is a double strand.  There is information about it on the internet.

• Like 1

I doubt most of us will have a choice. First of all the J and J (Jansenn) is a 1 shot vaccine. The 2 shot ones are intended to be given in pairs to create immunity. I learned via  someone who works on vaccines in Switzerland that Pfiizer and Moderna (the 2 2 dose vaccines) have a platform that might be broader reaching and vaccinate against more varieties of Co-vid and boosters can be given. Not so with the one shot versions. This is second hand information from a trusted person.

18 minutes ago, Ajijicer2 said:

I doubt most of us will have a choice. First of all the J and J (Jansenn) is a 1 shot vaccine. The 2 shot ones are intended to be given in pairs to create immunity. I learned via  someone who works on vaccines in Switzerland that Pfiizer and Moderna (the 2 2 dose vaccines) have a platform that might be broader reaching and vaccinate against more varieties of Co-vid and boosters can be given. Not so with the one shot versions. This is second hand information from a trusted person.

INTERESTING.  Since the trial results of J&J have not been published this would be hard to know. As far as I have read J&J trials are testing one and two dose. Their final results are not available publicly.

Possibly  your trusted friend is involved in the J&J trials  and has inside information. 

But one statement possibly is not correct boosters cannot be given with one shot versions  Because J&J is testing one & two shots would seem to conflict with  that statement as the second shot is in fact a booster. 

Also this would seem to conflict with your  trusted friends information:

There can be some drawbacks to recombinant vaccines. One example is that booster shots may be required over time. Examples of recombinant vaccines are pneumococcal vaccines and vaccines for meningococcal disease