Chapala.com Webboard

Rental "Agents" on FB

Sorry, don't know this person but the same "MO" was, and maybe still is, being used in PV. Lots and lots of scammed supposed renters paid deposits and were met by the owners of these homes when they knocked and expected to see the rental agent. Buyer beware.

There are many online rental scams. One quite common one, all over the world, is that these scammers list places that they have gotten photos of from real estate sites. They list them as long term rentals, send inquirers long emails saying all sorts of made up nonsense, and that they will use Airbnb for the first month's payment. They say an Airbnb agent will meet them with keys and show them the place. Airbnb doesn't work like that, there are no agents. 

They send the inquirer to a fake Airbnb look-alike site ( the URL isn't an Airbnb URL, but the unsuspecting mark doesn't know that) and tell them to send $ to some bank account or through Western Union. If the mark falls for it, that's the end-they will never hear from the scammer again and they will not be able to get their money back.

You should always look for a rental through a reputable official rental site or rental agency.

21 hours ago, sugarplumfaerie said:

Looking for a recommendation for Jorge Verdin as a rental agent.  He posts various properties on FB but does not seem to own them or be associated with one of the management companies.  Please only specific answers regarding this person - not looking for general comments about how to rent. 

I don't have info however just in terms of helping you verify things, here is a link to a web page showing him and another agent's photos and many listings:

Rentals in Ajijic | RentCozyHome

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

My husband & I rented a condo through this person in Lake Chapala area.  Our rental was for 1 year.  I communicated with him through email about one of the listings he had on Facebook.  He lives, as I understand it in Puerto Vallarta.  We arranged to be shown the property (once again me communicating via email with him) and his associate in the area (a woman) showed it to us.  She even picked us up and drove us to the condo as we were unfamiliar with the area.  The owners were present at the showing.  We then signed our rental paperwork with the owners and the lady associate present.  The first couple of months we paid our rent into an account of the female agent at the bank....this was all discussed in the presence of the owners.  Then later we began paying the rent to the owners directly.  No troubles at all.  A great experience.

On 9/25/2022 at 11:24 AM, NovaOp said:

My husband & I rented a condo through this person in Lake Chapala area.  Our rental was for 1 year.  I communicated with him through email about one of the listings he had on Facebook.  He lives, as I understand it in Puerto Vallarta.  We arranged to be shown the property (once again me communicating via email with him) and his associate in the area (a woman) showed it to us.  She even picked us up and drove us to the condo as we were unfamiliar with the area.  The owners were present at the showing.  We then signed our rental paperwork with the owners and the lady associate present.  The first couple of months we paid our rent into an account of the female agent at the bank....this was all discussed in the presence of the owners.  Then later we began paying the rent to the owners directly.  No troubles at all.  A great experience.

While the website looks legit, it's interesting that this is the first time that NovaOp has posted. It could be legit (sorry if it is), or...

3 hours ago, Tingting said:

While the website looks legit, it's interesting that this is the first time that NovaOp has posted. It could be legit (sorry if it is), or...

I'm  real.  You can see my Y.T. channel by looking up Adventures of Sandra and Dave.  I show the condo...it features largely during the year we spent living in the area.  All my "chapala living" videos are under my "Living In Mainland Mexico 2020-2021" playlist.  Just trying to be helpful.  We had a perfect experience renting one of Jorge's listings that I found on facebook groups.  - Sandra

On 1/18/2021 at 10:11 AM, virgo lady said:

I don't have info however just in terms of helping you verify things, here is a link to a web page showing him and another agent's photos and many listings:

Rentals in Ajijic | RentCozyHome

I would hesitate using this site just because of that horrible font - almost unreadable! 😒