Chapala.com Webboard

Gas tank refill

lakeside7

You can get it filled in Ajijic. It's across the street from Plaza Bouganvillas. Make a slight right across from the Tianguis Street.

• Like 1

Do you folks above use the 20lb tank on an indoor heater?  I keep reading on all the instructions, and the Mr. Heater I just bought, not to use these 20lb tanks indoors ("May cause fires or explosions").  Are they safe to use indoors?  Is there anything special I should be aware of?

If they are gas they are safe indoors, all our houses are not air tight, like up north. I use mine in a bathroom with no problems. Juan our gas guy finally came and filled us up, enjoying our big one on the patio right now.

5 hours ago, CalGal said:

Do you folks above use the 20lb tank on an indoor heater?  I keep reading on all the instructions, and the Mr. Heater I just bought, not to use these 20lb tanks indoors ("May cause fires or explosions").  Are they safe to use indoors?  Is there anything special I should be aware of?

So don't sit really close to the heating element/grate - you will definitely get burnt (that goes for cat and dog tails too); don't wear nylon or polyester near it; remember to shut the valve off; don't let it run all night unattended.  Simple, common sense stuff.

• Like 1

Make sure you buy catalytic type gas heaters.  These are the only type safe to use indoors without an open door or window.  I have three and they have never set off my C0 detectors. They take about five minutes to warm up and become efficient.  I have had no problems in 15 years of use. Use common sense.  These are not made to be used unattended or in too small an area.  I live in a tight 8 year old house with modern windows that seal and no problem.  Yes they are not legal in US but they are legal here.

• Like 1