Chapala.com Webboard

Panic Button Facts – January 15, 2021 - Correcting earlier inaccurate reports

Intercasa

3 hours ago, Upfront said:

its not discrimination. its COMMON FRIGGIN SENSE

Are you seriously stating that it is COMMON FRIGGIN SENSE to deny children and the elderly the right to access grocery stores, stores of any kind, banks and Oxxo's ?  I hope for your sake you are fully stocked up on food, liquor, in your case, and plenty of cash, because the 60 and older crowd are no longer allowed out of their homes but I guess that is COMMON FRIGGIN SENSE in your world.  If you are seen on the streets you will be known as just a COMMON FRIGGIN HYPOCRITE. 

Read a couple of days ago that medical "experts" are still not sure if a person who gets the vaccine can still be a carrier of Covid and pass it to others even while not getting sick themselves. We have a long way to go before everything is sorted out.

Perhaps a large group of friends who all have been vaccinated will resume their social gatherings and attract some who haven't been so we can learn the answer. Volunteers?

Common sense should tell one that if most of the elderly in this country are getting covid at home as a result of prolonged contact with younger family members that bring the illness home with them, that illegally putting the elderly under house arrest and denying them their basic right to go out and get the things they need while properly wearing masks and maintaining distance is probably not going to do anything good for the elderly or anyone else.

I suggest getting a clue by reading up on covid transmission in multi-generational households, of which Mexico has in very large numbers.  And while you're at it, read and understand the First Amendment to the Mexican Constitution.  It is very specific in stating age discrimination is illegal.

Also, suggest a review of the classic definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.  That certainly seems to describe the history of these endless lockdowns.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

And the relevancy is? 110 dead children is 110 too many, IMO.

US statistics are relevant in many ways.   

More children died in car accidents as well, but the US hasn't outlawed children riding in cars. in 2018 9 children died in school bus accidents. Haven't outlawed school buses. Each year about 100 children are killed  as a result of bicycle-related accidents. Haven't outlawed children's bicycles

7 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

US statistics are relevant in many ways.   

More children died in car accidents as well, but the US hasn't outlawed children riding in cars. in 2018 9 children died in school bus accidents. Haven't outlawed school buses. Each year about 100 children are killed  as a result of bicycle-related accidents. Haven't outlawed children's bicycles

No one has outlawed children going out. This is a temporary measure designed to slow the spread of a pandemic. 

Like temporay evacuation orders when there are hurricane and forest fire threats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went to the Scandinavia bakery  at 9am and a table of 8/10 seniors were having a coffee

Later  went to Actinver,  a bit more  formal ..an Account  representative  and notice to say that they will be following  the Gov directives ref over 60s?I was able to obtain money..but not sure when they will  enforce the new rules

Actually nowhere in the rules does it say stores are not to admit people over 60. The rules as posted on the Jalisco govt say people over 60 should stay in their house and that personal responsibility is the key. 

If someone tries to deny me service I will show them the webpage on my phone and ask them in a polite manner ...where does it say you are supposed to enforce my personal responsibility? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Upfront said:

actually is says PEOPLE OVER 60 MUST STAY HOME

It can be interpreted both ways... Should or Must

Actually I would interpret is as should. My wife who was born in Mexico said I was right. Taken in context followed by  the phrase personal responsibility is the key would indicate it is not must

If it was MUST then you could not leave your house for a medical emergency for example, nor would the phrase personal responsibility is the key be needed.

Just now, Bisbee Gal said:

I tried several translations and it seems the word for MUST and SHOULD are often used interchangeably.  

Oh dear me , Is it only me that is now getting confused. We have so many helpful posters, but you are posting different observations/interpretations ...who is the expert to trust??

11 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Oh dear me , Is it only me that is now getting confused. We have so many helpful posters, but you are posting different observations/interpretations ...who is the expert to trust??

There are no reports of "age police" in the streets checking to see "if your papers are in order" 

There are lots of people over 60 in the streets, in the stores, in their cars, at the ATMs, etc.  

Do whatever you feel comfortable with.  Just be responsible (after all it's the key) and stay safe. 

if anyone asks me  "tengo cincuenta y nueve años " 

Well I have spoken to the workers at the Chapala Oxxo near the big church, at where the old Restaurante Supieror used to be and they confirmed with me that they were given orders to not allow access to seniors over 60 and children under 12.  I asked them how they were going to go about doing that.  I asked them if they were IDing them at the door and they said no, that they were just asking them their age.  I have no way of knowing if they are or were truly enforcing it because I'm no where near 60 yet.