Chapala.com Webboard

Expired Mexican driver's license

2 minutes ago, donenrique said:

Anyone know how long you can drive with an expired chofer license?  Expires next week and had an appointment to renew on Monday in Chapala.  But if office is closed due to latest lockdown, won't be able to renew.  Trying to plan in advance.

Gracias. 

You can not legally drive with an expired license.

• Thanks 1

Might be worth driving over there to check. As I read the new rules, gov't offices with "window" services (assume applies to  clear barriers I've seen in some) MIGHT be allowed to stay open. ??? If not,  suggest you carry around the paperwork you have relating to the appt. and if stopped, point out to the officer that you had an appt. but the red button made it impossible for you to appear.

Would be interested in what you find.

55 minutes ago, Carnivore said:

What is the cost in January 2021 of renewing a regular driver's licence for a further 4 years?  Thank you.

$642  for regulas  $766 Chofer   If you have INAPAM card there is a discount 

https://citas.jalisco.gob.mx/transporte/client/locationList

Resident visa original & Copy  Or if Mexican INE original & Copy

Passport original & copy

CURP. Original & copy

Proof of address. Original and copy. No more than 90 days of validity, in the name of the applicant or direct family member (one of their surnames matches), or failing that, the address matches the one registered with the IFE or INE. I . If you do not have any of the above, you can present a letter of residence from the City Council where you live, in his name, with a photograph; signed by the Secretary General of the City Council.

9 hours ago, Natasha said:

Might be worth driving over there to check. As I read the new rules, gov't offices with "window" services (assume applies to  clear barriers I've seen in some) MIGHT be allowed to stay open. ??? If not,  suggest you carry around the paperwork you have relating to the appt. and if stopped, point out to the officer that you had an appt. but the red button made it impossible for you to appear.

Thanks.  I'll give it a shot on Monday morning and let you know.  

On 1/16/2021 at 6:37 PM, donenrique said:

Thanks.  I'll give it a shot on Monday morning and let you know.  

On 1/16/2021 at 9:23 AM, Natasha said:

Success!  Chapala driver's licence office open for business as usual.  Went to my appointment and was out with a new license in 20 minutes.  

Was not questioned about my age and there was another person ahead of me who was clearly over 60.