Chapala.com Webboard

Chili Dog anyone?

CBGUY

This is not much of a chili dog.  I would rate only a D plus.  Don't know what the wienie or sausage  is but doesn't look like one used for a chili dog.  This is actually an attempt at a chili cheese  dog.  The chili should cover all the wienie and the cheese melted on top with  topping of diced onion and sometimes fresh diced  jalapeno pepper.  Bun is usually not toasted.  My favorite are the foot long ones.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rafterbr said:

This is not much of a chili dog.  I would rate only a D plus.  Don't know what the wienie or sausage  is but doesn't look like one used for a chili dog.  This is actually an attempt at a chili cheese  dog.  The chili should cover all the wienie and the cheese melted on top with  topping of diced onion and sometimes fresh diced  jalapeno pepper.  Bun is usually not toasted.  My favorite are the foot long ones.

Damn, have you tried this chili dog or just judging by the photo? Gee Dorthy, you're not in Oregon any more...too bad!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CBGUY said:

By no means is this the "best" chili-dog I've ever had but, it sure hit the spot. The fries were excellent.

Thank you, Rick. I love when people who have chosen to live in the central highlands of Mexico bitch about how food here is not as good as what they had in the country they came from. Sometimes they have not even tried it. They just look at the picture and commence criticizing. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Xena said:

Thank you, Rick. I love when people who have chosen to live in the central highlands of Mexico bitch about how food here is not as good as what they had in the country they came from. Sometimes they have not even tried it. They just look at the picture and commence criticizing. 

What´s even worse is acting like Portland OR, is the Mecca for chili dogs, like does anybody really care.

• Haha 5

Food is a subject dear to my stomach, so I appreciate it when someone tells how to make a dish perhaps better.  I don't think country of origin matters.  A chili cheese hot dog is a simple dish to make and I am surprised many Lakeside aren't doing it.  CBGUY  said it was good for him and this is all that matters.   The fries do look good and I'm sure I will give this restaurant a try.  Who knows I might talk them into melting the cheese  and putting a little more chili on mine.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

Food is a subject dear to my stomach, so I appreciate it when someone tells how to make a dish perhaps better.  I don't think country of origin matters.  A chili cheese hot dog is a simple dish to make and I am surprised many Lakeside aren't doing it.  CBGUY  said it was good for him and this is all that matters.   The fries do look good and I'm sure I will give this restaurant a try.  Who knows I might talk them into melting the cheese  and putting a little more chili on mine.

Now, THAT’S the spirit!

• Like 2

On 1/18/2021 at 1:09 PM, Upfront said:

and pretty safe to assume that if rick as a former owner of two of the best burger joints in this town says its good then its good

His burgers were great. The second hand smoke...not so much.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

Photo looks like it has crumbled hamburg not chili

The meat is correct although I would have liked more sauce on it.  Most hot dogs use regular ground hamburger meat which is fine.  However, real chili meat is a rough grind hamburger meat which cooked looks like the picture.  I usually have to request to get the rough grind.  I have a 100 year old chili recipe which calls for beef tallow  to cook the meat in.  Guaranteed to give you heart burn  but tastes great.

11 hours ago, slainte39 said:

I always mixed it with first hand smoke and it was great, just like the hamburguesas.  👍👍

An Irishman who smokes?

I'm shocked!!  (Alert...Mostlylost)

9 hours ago, slainte39 said:

You are telling ME!!!.......who was raised on mother´s milk and was never weaned.....called GUINNESS???

I will have to CHECK that out..........CZECH......😀😀😀

Pancho could only get me 6 of them so it might be difficult to check it out but just about any German or Czech beer especially the Pilseners make Guinness taste like swamp water. just had some interesting Spanish lager recently. Oh,and the Chinese Tsing Tao is a fine Pilsener type as well. Getting back to the topic,as far as I'm concerned, a chilli tube steak is no replacement for a  Polish or German tube steak  slathered in mustard and sauerkraut or sour pickles that are available at Walmart and as a side at the Smoke House

polish hot dog.jpg

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, AndreaRose said:

I’m in Portland, OR now! Looking to move there fall of this year❤️

Great idea! With all the riots going on in Portland the last 6 months or so rental and housing costs to buy should be quite low. Everyone else wants to bail and you're moving in. I love Contrarians!

Who wants to bail and from where?......Portland or Chapala?  Are you saying Portland is a better deal economically?

I´m in Chapala and I´m going no where. I think the riots in Portland are mostly in one area in the downtown, just stay in the burbs, that´s where the chili dogs are.

• Haha 1