Chapala.com Webboard

Property taxes and Simapa payments 2021 - Chapala

Carnivore

4 minutes ago, sunshineydays said:

I did that. It shows an account with my name and property to the right of the form but nothing under taxes is filled in. Maybe they are going by the alphabet? Jaja Maybe you are the begining and I am at the end?

Maybe I paid your taxes by mistake 😎

C

8 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Discount for MEXICAN CITIZENS of TERCER EDAD  was all I have ever heard of, and that has a top limit that it only applies to.  15% discount for anyone paying before the 1 de marzo.

Correct.

Website shows the 15% discount on my bill. 

You don't get both.

I see no way to obtain the senior discount on the website. So in person visit is needed.

In Joco seniors get a discount, or, at least they did in the past

Chapala has found a way to screw expat seniors by denying the senior discount if your house is over x square meters. That is why it amazes me to see expats scrambling to pay taxes when the available discount is in effect until end of february!

Every year i ask for the 50% discount for both property tax and water. I never get it. This is Chapala. I understand they give the discount in Jocotopec.

I even showed the jefe at the Ajijic Simapa office their own printed policy which clearly mandates a 50% discount for seniors, and pointed out that it's unconstitutional to discriminate against non citizens. All I get is a shrug.

On 1/14/2021 at 11:08 AM, oregontochapala said:

The site is working properly now and they have added a diagram so you can see where on your previous receipts to find the info that goes in each box.

I paid with my BBVA cc, the most secure card imo, and was able to print my receipt immediately.  They also emailed me a receipt.

Our predial jumped a whopping $16 pesos.

I saw this option and only saw a field for email and phone number, does it then continue to the actual cc # for its entry?