Chapala.com Webboard

Car registration chapala, no windshield sticker given out this year

Just now, TelsZ4 said:

Another expat who likes to show that the laws in Mexico don’t apply to them...  Oh!!!!! So brave...

I thought the police preferred them on a side window. It makes more sense.

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

My who actually worked for the state of Jalisco in a division of Transito never put a sticker in her window. 

Windows-that is what they were for.

7 hours ago, cedros said:

I have never put them on my windshield.

We got a ticket because it wasn't on the windshield. We had it but it was in the glove compartment.

• Haha 1

Yesterday, late I confirmed through a friend with that RecaudadorA that no stickers will be given this year.  Only the main piece of paper which is what is important that you keep it.  One other piece of information.  On the first three days the Recaudadora only gave out a receipt.  To get the main document go back to the Recaudadora with your receipt and get the documents.  After that supposedly everyone was given the document.

NO STICKERS or THE THING YOU CARRY IN YOUR WALLET THIS YEAR

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Floradude said:

Yesterday, late I confirmed through a friend with that RecaudadorA that no stickers will be given this year.  Only the main piece of paper which is what is important that you keep it.  One other piece of information.  On the first three days the Recaudadora only gave out a receipt.  To get the main document go back to the Recaudadora with your receipt and get the documents.  After that supposedly everyone was given the document.

No sure what the "thing" you carry in your wallet is.  You will receive a plastic registration card the size of a credit card & a receipt.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Floradude said:

Sorry, the thing you carry in your wallet is the Tarjeta de Circulación. This is usually what the police ask for if you are stopped.

Again   You will receive a plastic registration card the size of a credit card & a receipt.  The plastic card is your Tarjeta de Circulación (registration card)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

You can call them what ever you want... I bet gogirl cares because she got a ticket for not displaying a ticket...

I was responding to Cedros who said he never puts the sticker on his windshield. 

Yesterday got the 4 year plastic card, and the half-page receipt.

I asked the same gentleman behind the counter who has helped me for years, where do I

keep the card. He said keep it with you, or in your car. The plastic card you must produce if driving the car.

The half-page receipt he said to keep at my house with my other papers.

Now, if I am traveling northward, I will probably bring along the receipt.

No mention was made by him of stickers, which I've always thought were a duplication of effort, but were an excuse for Transito to pull over a vehicle for the usual shakedown.

In fact, last year, the VW dealership near Palacio de Hierros told me the stickers are really becoming a thing of the past. Next time if you are in Guad, look at the newer cars and see if Tapatios put the stickers on.

I guess I will ask again in February, if these stickers are going to be mandatory, when they become available.

The annual payment to keep the 4-year card active or effective, is payable on the Internet, or at a Mexican bank, same time next year.

I arrived at 8:15 a.m. yesterday, and I was finished, out the door at 9:25 a.m. When I left at 9:25 a.m. no line was formed outside the door, so the wait was probably 30 minutes or less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1