Chapala.com Webboard

LCS HEALTH DAYS AT LAKE CARE - LCS MEMBERS ONLY

LCS HEALTH DAYS AT LAKE CARE

Carreterra Chapala – Joco #141, Ajijic

(Next to Vinos America Store)

376-766-2088

·        LCS members only are offered this opportunity.

·         Present a current membership card. If membership has expired, renew before making payment and appointment.

·        Prepayment required. Pay at the LCS service desk and receive receipt (Lake Care) as proof of payment.

·        Cash only, NO credit cards.

·        Members are to call Lake Care to schedule an appointment. Appointments offered Monday through Friday from 10am-1pm at the Lake Care, address and telephone noted above.

·        No shots administered without presenting current LCS membership card and receipt of payment (Lake Care receipt) to Lake Care nurse.

·        Shots offered include: 4 Strain Flu at 750 pesos, Prevnar 13 for Life Pneumonia at 1,700 pesos and Pneumovax 5 Year Pneumonia at 750 pesos.

Shots available now as supplies last upon schedule of appointment and presentation of required paperwork. If there are two members in a family ,each a member, two appointments must be made.

Someone kindly alerted me to this information. However, the last time the flu shot was offered by LCS, we went at 10:00 a.m. and found hundreds of people ahead of us, so we gave up.  I hear that they ran out of shots before the line was taken care of.  We went to the clinic on the west side of the new San Antonio hospital and signed up on their waiting list for the advanced flu shot.  About a week later, they called us in and we received the shot with no waiting.   750 pesos each.  We are now signed up on their waiting list for the corona virus vaccine, when available to our age group. 

Gringal: as you know LCS Medical services are available to ALL residents. Membership is not required. When I arrived that day (to volunteer) at 7:30  that morning there were already folks in line - some  with folding chairs. Thus, this current service is for LCS members only and yes, they most definitely quickly run out which is why appointments are required for this event.  The office will only issue receipts for the number of vaccines available.

4 hours ago, Upfront said:

sure if they stop saying this Gringal: as you know LCS Medical services are available to ALL residents. Membership is not required.

Simple to change. “As you know most LCS medical services are available to all residents ....” The wording likely has not needed to be this way until this unprecedented time. Those of us not always seeking ways in which to feel aggrieved understand that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

xorry xena that is just a childish attack. i am serious. to change the wording at the first sign of difficulty froma long standing policy is simply wrong. this involves a serious policy change which means a meeting of the board and a vote. as in any group with written stnadards

just one more reason i stopped my membership years ago

23 hours ago, Upfront said:

xorry xena that is just a childish attack. i am serious. to change the wording at the first sign of difficulty froma long standing policy is simply wrong. this involves a serious policy change which means a meeting of the board and a vote. as in any group with written stnadards

just one more reason i stopped my membership years ago

You are always serious about everything that aggrieves and annoys you — which appears to be just about everything and everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But "seriously" it would be hard to deny that LCS has been an asset to this community:  from the offering of many kinds of classes for members to the Childrens Art Program, in addition to the opportunity for new residents to find an easy social setting at the restaurant. I have gladly paid my dues for over 12 years even though my participation in the events and classes has been limited.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Xena said:

You are always serious about everything that aggrieves and annoys you — which appears to be just about everything and everyone. 

am i to now apologize to you for being serious? or are you just here to continue wheedling and annoying. you dont have to agree with me but you sure as heck dont have to be nasty about it. try and stay on track

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, gringal said:

But "seriously" it would be hard to deny that LCS has been an asset to this community:  from the offering of many kinds of classes for members to the Childrens Art Program, in addition to the opportunity for new residents to find an easy social setting at the restaurant. I have gladly paid my dues for over 12 years even though my participation in the events and classes has been limited.

i did not say they were not an asset. they have done many good things. but over the years with the over the top leadership they have also fallen into many bad ways inclduing making ludicrous plans for second stories and elevators and off campus building and reducing interraction with locals and this current baloney. no barrel of apples is all good or all bad but too many rotten ones keeps me from buying the barrel

Just some added thoughts, which can apply to any organization:  I have very strong disagreements with some of the LCS decisions, but having volunteered to start and be in charge of one large local yearly event sponsored by another group, I quickly discovered how much work I had let myself in for, and was happy to turn it over to someone else after a few years.  From this, I concluded that unless one is willing to take the time and make the effort to be on the board of an organization, one should hesitate to criticize the decisions that the BOD makes. I've noticed that when a decision is made that is clearly not working well, most BOD's back down and change direction.

• Like 1