Chapala.com Webboard

Riberas meeting

The  undertaking required to replumb older homes from septic to sewer is enormous.  When I redid my underground pipes I made an allowance for future septic which would still require opening up my floor, but only about a 4 square foot section and I have a pipe going to the street already in place. 

I bike around Riberas and soo many streets have water on the surface even now, I just wonder how the septic systems manage in those locations.  I think ( and can smell ) that a lot of the water is actually septic overflow which is nasty. 

I saw a new house being built right on top of an underground spring, the water flow was very high and they had to wait a long time before they could continue with building. The builder doesn't care, he'll be gone with the money by the time it becomes a problem

A meeting WHEN and WHERE in Riberas please??????  I live there and have heard nothing.

I can also tell you that water sits in front of my house but it is not sewer water... it is BACKWASH water from two OTHER houses that have soft water installations around the corner from my house.

Yes, or filters. I use a filter on the incoming water from the street that goes to my tinaco. It's changed once a month and is disgusting and smelly. The filter is supposed to be washed and reused but there is no way that I'm doing that... it goes in the garbage and a new one replaces it. People who are using sand filters (similar to a pool filter) would HAVE to backwash it to the street. Gee, thanks SOOOO much to the people who are doing that. Please remember that it is not nicely chlorinated pool water that you are dumping in the street. It's a HEALTH hazard.

The volume of water I see cannot be attributed to house water filtration systems. Some locations have permanent running water in the streets. I'm convinced the source is from underground springs, Perfect example is the corner of San Luis and the Pemex station. There was a crew out there about a month ago working on the street to fix the water situation, but water continues to seep up into the street. Unfortunately locations near  this underground water make it practically impossible for septic systems to leach into the ground.

I have a soft water system at my house and it "washes" itself for about an hour once per week, very low volume of water is released during the process.

I love Riberas but wish it had a sewer system