Chapala.com Webboard

Trash pickup problems in Ajijic.

#HarryB

Last week the big truck had a flat. This week the small truck has a problem with the steering.

Didn't we hire a company to avoid these problems?

Answer: Between now and June 6 is the political campaign. One way to cost Moy Anaya votes is to blame him for lapses in trash pickup. Javier Degollado is involved with the trash company so you know who in the Chapala Gov. to send complaints to.

The trash problem seems endemic to "all Lakeside" . Chapala is getting to look like a mini dump, even Pedro location looks like a drop off point. In addition lookout for mounds of dog poop on the side walks. I guess there must lots of loose animals roaming . The whole area is going down hill , so much for taking personal price in your town

• 4 weeks later...

I was putting my trash at the corner where everyone else was- the corner of Ocampo and Tio Domingo.  I live on Calle Tio Domingo. Then they posted a banner "Prohibito Tirer Basura".   There are fines listed and a number to report violators.  People are still putting trash there, but I am reluctant to do the same.  How do I know the "correct" place to put my trash or where to take it?   I don't see anyone putting it out at the curb like they do on De Las Flores, (which is basically a continuation of my street when it crosses Ocampo on the way north to the Carreterra.)  Any suggestions would be appreciated.