Chapala.com Webboard

Covid virus vaccinations

artsnob

Patience is a virtue.  Over the weekend the first freezer capable of ultra low temperature was delivered to Zapopan.  

This from Gov. of Jalisco FB page:

I want to inform the Jaliscienses of the tentative programming of the first phase of vaccines against #COVIDised 9.

There will be three deliveries for Jalisco: 32,175 dose from 12 to 18 January, 26,325 from 19 to 25 January and 23,400 from 26 January to 1 February 

This phase will be to cover health personnel in public and private institutions, starting with those who care for #COVID19 patients and then the rest of the medical staff. We will continue to insist on including teachers and teachers as a priority in order to advance the effort to return to in-person classes.
Clearly this is just a first step. The effort that will have to be made to vaccinate the entire population is still enormous. We will keep an eye out for scheduling to be done for the next phases.

36 minutes ago, artsnob said:

Mexico news daily said private clinics would be getting them, are any getting them Lakeside

Please give a link, I can't find that information.

I did find this:

“There is no legal limitation but the government has the control of customs,” he said, suggesting that federal authorities could seek to hinder the importation process.

1 hour ago, artsnob said:

Mexico news daily said private clinics would be getting them, are any getting them Lakeside

Possibly but for sure it will be after the federal government is finished with it's first phases.

At this time no one knows ...not even the federal or state governments. Like the flu vaccine ..when it is available it will be posted everywhere.  

Its going to be a while if we only have 100,000 doses for all Jalisco for the next month.  We will have to see if private clinics will be able to get the vaccine in meaningful numbers. I am only 67 so I expect Artsnob to be able to get the vaccine way before I will as he is much older than I am.  Everybody needs to stay calm and see what happens. I hope that private clinics will help speed things up but we don't know. 

Breath deep and stay calm is my suggestion.

• Like 1