Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala Health Group on FB

southland

I asked a simple question on Chapala Health Group's page on FB.

"Does anyone know if non-state residents can receive vaccines in Texas or New Mexico?"

The admin denied posting my question saying "we live here now" and only Chapala questions will be allowed.

I then followed up and responded that many people living here have medical issues treated not only here but in Mexico City, or the States, or Canada, and therefore, it is a legitimate question especially as it appears the vaccine rollouts will be delayed here.

I was expelled from the Chapala Health Group for questioning the admin's judgement of censoring my question.

Obviously, I would like to know if Texas is not going to vaccinate me if I am not a Texas resident, and thus save the 625 mile driving trip one way. I am still a Chapala resident, and a permanent resident of Mexico.

I find this kind of rudeness and censorship incomprehensible by the admins of Chapala Health Group on FB.

Perhaps this is akin to what is going on in the United States, a supposed higher moral authority cutting off people's freedom to express and to question, cutting them off at the knees and expelling them from their platforms. The only narrative accepted is their narrative. What kind of "Group" does this?

Whew: Nasty and inexcusable behavior towards an open and honest question about an alternative vaccine, and needing an answer for wanting to be vaccinated before what looks like April or May here.

Unbelievable behavior.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

She's a tad anal-retentive. 

I tried to post a question about treatment for a health condition (new threads are reviewed for her approval).  She sent me a PM with "her answer" and did not allow my question to be posted.  I PM'd her back that there might be other group members who could respond to my question with a different answer/approach/opinion; she warned me that she would remove me from group if I persisted.  

7 minutes ago, southland said:

"Does anyone know if non-state residents can receive vaccines in Texas or New Mexico?"

The admin denied posting my question saying "we live here now" and only Chapala questions will be allowed.

I then followed up and responded that many people living here have medical issues treated not only here but in Mexico City, or the States, or Canada, and therefore, it is a legitimate question especially as it appears the vaccine rollouts will be delayed here.

I was expelled from the Chapala Health Group for questioning the admin's judgement of censoring my question.

Obviously, I would like to know if Texas is not going to vaccinate me if I am not a Texas resident, and thus save the 625 mile driving trip one way. I am still a Chapala resident, and a permanent resident of Mexico.

I find this kind of rudeness and censorship incomprehensible by the admins of Chapala Health Group on FB.

Perhaps this is akin to what is going on in the United States, a supposed higher moral authority cutting off people's freedom to express and to question, cutting them off at the knees and expelling them from their platforms. The only narrative accepted is their narrative. What kind of "Group" does this?

Whew: Nasty and inexcusable behavior towards an open and honest question about an alternative vaccine, and needing an answer for wanting to be vaccinated before what looks like April or May here.

Unbelievable behavior.

All Social Media sucks...and it is getting worse every day!!! I do not participate in any of it...and by the way I do not consider this Social Media; it is a an informational message board. 

• Like 1

Possibly rather than using social media for information it might be more accurate to visit the states official information source? That way you should be able to get accurate information which is sometimes lacking on social media. 

https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/immunize/vaccine.aspx

https://cv.nmhealth.org/covid-vaccine/

• Like 2

Yes, Mostly L., I agree. To keep this all on a positive note, I do want to provide information on where people can drive to in order to get vaccinated. For example, I emailed two contacts in New Mexico yesterday. In Las Cruces local news TV yesterday, the health authorities announced the vaccines will be available to anyone, even non-citizens of the U.S. Thus, since I am a citizen, I should think New Mexico will vaccinate me.

I just can't wait until May.

I have feelers out in Arkansas and in Iowa to make a trip there in March if New Mexico turns out to be not as convenient.

Las Cruces is 1,000 miles from here roughly. Laredo is 625 miles from here. Three weeks between dosages, so going somewhere in the U.S. where other activities can be combined with the trip makes the trip maybe worthwhile. The vaccines in the States also are not Chinese vaccines.

Anyway, I think sharing this information might be a very positive step to take, and I welcome input from others who might know Texas's policy for identification required in order to get the vaccine.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mostlylost said:

Possibly rather than using social media for information it might be more accurate to visit the states official information source? That way you should be able to get accurate information which is sometimes lacking on social media. 

https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/immunize/vaccine.aspx

https://cv.nmhealth.org/covid-vaccine/

It may depend on LOCAL authorities.  

Dallas County Health Dept. says, "Currently, this DCHHS site will only sign up Dallas County residents and priority within 1B will be given to those with the highest vulnerability scores until more vaccine is available," Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins said in a statement."  

Whereas, a San Antonio heath care system says in their vaccine FAQ's, "Do you have to be a San Antonio resident to register for an appointment?"
"No."

I'm up here in Seattle waiting to get my two corona vaccine shots. I belong to group 2 which is those over 70 years of age. Group 1 is healthcare workers and sadly the distribution of the vaccine to them is going slower than expected.

I just received an email from my Doctor stating that he no longer expects to get vaccine shots for those of us who are in group 2 in mid to late January. Now, he is suggesting February.

Darn, I want to come home to Ajijic.

I went through the Texas website. It does not have a Frequently Asked Question that asks my question, can an out of state resident receive the vaccine. Instead, it refers to Texans must do this, Texans must do that, fill out a Texas form number such and such, etc.

In other words, I'm pretty sure those Texas forms are going to ask for a Texas form of I.d. in order to register for getting the vaccine.

I will look for a county health department phone number for Laredo. The only one I found is for Indigents.

Indigent Health Care Services Nancy Cadena  
  1620 Santa Ursula    
  Laredo, Texas 78040  

(956) 523-4747
(956) 523-4748

I also wrote/messaged the City of Laredo Health Dept and asked them if a U.S. citizen living in Mexico, 66 years old, but not a resident of Texas, can come to Laredo and receive a vaccination. I hope to hear from them in 48 to 72 hours and will advise the board.

Public Information Officer Larry Sanchez  
  1110 Washington St. 3rd Floor    
  Laredo, Texas 78040  

(956) 523-4999

10 hours ago, southland said:

Unbelievable behavior.

In Texas you must bring proof of age and residency, so that Texas residents get the Texas allotment. Mine is scheduled for next week, pending the arrival of a new supply.

On 1/10/2021 at 3:06 PM, southland said:

I went through the Texas website. It does not have a Frequently Asked Question that asks my question, can an out of state resident receive the vaccine. Instead, it refers to Texans must do this, Texans must do that, fill out a Texas form number such and such, etc.

In other words, I'm pretty sure those Texas forms are going to ask for a Texas form of I.d. in order to register for getting the vaccine.

I will look for a county health department phone number for Laredo. The only one I found is for Indigents.

Indigent Health Care Services Nancy Cadena  
  1620 Santa Ursula    
  Laredo, Texas 78040  

(956) 523-4747
(956) 523-4748

I also wrote/messaged the City of Laredo Health Dept and asked them if a U.S. citizen living in Mexico, 66 years old, but not a resident of Texas, can come to Laredo and receive a vaccination. I hope to hear from them in 48 to 72 hours and will advise the board.

Public Information Officer Larry Sanchez  
  1110 Washington St. 3rd Floor    
  Laredo, Texas 78040  

(956) 523-4999

City of Laredo current regulation Dec 4  Only residents of Laredo/Webb county can receive the vaccine. 

Our NC county requires a local NC identification so you cannot hop counties.  We thought to go to our daughters in Baltimore and make a pod of family there but alas, Maryland will require a state identification.  So we thought well we will go to the cabin in West Virginia where unfortunately WV requires local identification.  So we will stay in NC.  It is so damn cold here.  

We had hoped in December to get to Ajijic in February to do some business for two weeks and spend 3 or 4 weeks on the beach.  Alas, not this year.

Thanks Mostly, that makes sense. I get the feeling I'm going to be asked my destination in Texas. I will be transiting Texas to go farther north. Perhaps that will satisfy Texas authorities, that I am only in Texas 24 to 36 hours. In 10 weeks, the situation may change. At least Texas seems serious about getting out the vaccines.