Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Covid vaccine schedule


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, ezpz said:

i'm trying to register on the website as we speak.  I filled out the form but wheni I click Send, nothing happens.  Any suggestions?

Keep trying. You will get in one day and get your AM number. We did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/9/2021 at 9:05 AM, #HarryB said:

Excerpted from Seminario Laguna newspaper

there will be three deliveries for Jalisco, the first 32 thousand 175 doses from January 12 to 18, 26 thousand 325 from January 19 to 25 and 23 thousand 400 from January 26 to February 1, giving a total of 81 thousand 900 doses for the entity in the first half of the year.

Alfaro reiterated that he would insist on including public and private education teachers, in the first phase of vaccination, as a priority to advance the effort to return to face-to-face classes.

"This phase will be to cover the health personnel of public and private institutions, starting with those who care for patients with Covid-19, and then the rest of the medical staff. We will continue to insist on including teachers and teachers as a priority in order to advance the effort to return to face-to-face classes," the Governor of Jalisco said.

The Government of Mexico will send the vaccines according to the tentative schedule of the first phase of the National Vaccination Plan.

But the population of Jalisco is 8.2 million and only 82,000 doses.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/10/2021 at 10:13 PM, mudgirl said:

No, I don't post things without researching first, so I am not ignorant of the facts. The following is from the CDC website and is reiterated in every one of the articles I read on cholera. Also, cholera is easily treatable. So comparing it to COVID is ridiculous.

"The disease can spread rapidly in areas with inadequate treatment of sewage and drinking water. The infection is not likely to spread directly from one person to another; therefore, casual contact with an infected person is not a risk factor for becoming ill."

 

is not likely to spread directly from one person. That is pretty iffy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, cedros said:

 

 

On 1/9/2021 at 9:05 AM, #HarryB said:

Excerpted from Seminario Laguna newspaper

there will be three deliveries for Jalisco, the first 32 thousand 175 doses from January 12 to 18, 26 thousand 325 from January 19 to 25 and 23 thousand 400 from January 26 to February 1, giving a total of 81 thousand 900 doses for the entity in the first half of the year.

Alfaro reiterated that he would insist on including public and private education teachers, in the first phase of vaccination, as a priority to advance the effort to return to face-to-face classes.

"This phase will be to cover the health personnel of public and private institutions, starting with those who care for patients with Covid-19, and then the rest of the medical staff. We will continue to insist on including teachers and teachers as a priority in order to advance the effort to return to face-to-face classes," the Governor of Jalisco said.

The Government of Mexico will send the vaccines according to the tentative schedule of the first phase of the National Vaccination Plan.

 

29 minutes ago, cedros said:

But the population of Jalisco is 8.2 million.

Mickey Mouse federal government action, as usual.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

 https://news.yahoo.com/mexico-gets-astrazeneca-doses-india-144222825.html

Mexico recieves another dribble of first rate vaccines while other countries recieve milti millions this year.

"Mexico gets AstraZeneca doses from India, expects more Pfizer, as it prepares for next phase

Sun, February 14, 2021, 8:42 AM·2 min read

Mexico gets AstraZeneca doses from India, expects more Pfizer, as it prepares for next phase

AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Mexico

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico received a shipment of 870,000 doses of AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine from India on Sunday, the government said, as the country prepares to prioritize older adults in the next phase of its vaccination campaign.

Mexico is also expecting shipments of Pfizer's vaccine to resume, with 494,000 doses due to arrive on Tuesday, Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard told a news conference.

Sunday's shipment amounts to about 42% of the two million doses of the AstraZeneca and Oxford University vaccine the country plans to import from India, in addition to packaging it locally, the government said.

Mexico will next vaccinate adults over the age of 60, a group representing 12% of Mexico's 126 million people, between February and April."

As aside. I saw a show on CTV that said India would be the next vaccine powerhouse 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, cedros said:

As aside. I saw a show on CTV that said India would be the next vaccine powerhouse 

Mexico desperately needs a better leader. It is sinking deeper in the quagmire he created. IMO

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ian Greenwood said:

It will probably be similar to the English school vaccination system in the 50s… We all stood in a line and they used the same needle on all of us ... it Really speeds things up

The vaccines require a special type of syringe . They also need to be mixed at the with another liquid in the syringe.  They are one use only.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Jalisco began on Tuesday the vaccination campaign against COVID-19 for older adults in the municipality of Etzatlán.

Mrs. María Martha Vacio Hipólito, 74, was the first elderly person in the Entity to receive immunization.

In Etzatlán, 300 to 600 vaccines would be being applied to the same number of older adults, as reported by the Servants of the Nation who are at the vaccination post.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

 

Jalisco began on Tuesday the vaccination campaign against COVID-19 for older adults in the municipality of Etzatlán.

Mrs. María Martha Vacio Hipólito, 74, was the first elderly person in the Entity to receive immunization.

In Etzatlán, 300 to 600 vaccines would be being applied to the same number of older adults, as reported by the Servants of the Nation who are at the vaccination post.

 

A drop in the bucket. When is AMLO going to recieve tens of millions of vaccinations like other countries have since January? Pathetic performance. IMO

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

A drop in the bucket. When is AMLO going to recieve tens of millions of vaccinations like other countries have since January? Pathetic performance. IMO

 

AMLO is busy with far more important matters.  

https://campechedailynews.com/amlo-wants-to-revive-spanish-royal-tradition-install-national-palace-governor/

The plan doesn’t fit well with austerity drive, critics say

President López Obrador has ordered the revival of a largely ceremonial government position that hasn’t existed for over a hundred years, earning a warning that the plan hardly fits with his government’s austerity policies.

López Obrador last week instructed the Finance Ministry to create the position of governor of the National Palace, a role derived from a Spanish royal tradition that was established in writing in 1838 but not held by anyone until the 1860s when former president Benito Júarez was in office.

According to a document the president sent to the National Commission for Regulatory Improvement, the governor of the National Palace – the seat of executive power and López Obrador’s residence – will be responsible for overseeing the upkeep of the building, located in Mexico City’s historic center, and managing the activities held there.

The president will be responsible for appointing a person to the pompous sounding role.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Article dated Feb. 18th.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/manufacturing/astrazeneca-shot-production-lags-mexico-thanks-to-complex-factory-certification

While Mexico is receiving small shipments of AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccines from overseas, two large shipments of the active ingredient used to make it remain unused. The holdup? Problems at a domestic factory tasked with finishing the shots, according to Mexico’s foreign minister Marcelo Ebrard.

“They almost had to make another factory,” said Ebrard at a government news conference on Tuesday. “You are talking about health, life … so you do have to be very strict in any medicine, with a vaccine more, and even more when the vaccine is so recent.”

The facility expects to start shipping doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by early April. AZ has delivered at least two shipments of the active ingredient, enough to finish out 7 million doses.

As part of an ambitious plan to supply 2 billion COVID-19 vaccine doses per year worldwide, AZ also made lucrative deals with Brazil, Argentina, China and Japan, as well as closer to home with the EU. It has a deal with the U.S. for up to 400 million doses, but the shot has yet to win the FDA's blessing because of conflicting data from its late-stage trials. The company is running a follow-up trial to support another run at FDA authorization.

And with evidence that AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine is ineffective against the disease’s variant in South Africa, that country is set to return one million doses to AZ’s production facility, the Serum Institute of India.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...