Chapala.com Webboard

Jocotepec Covid

21 hours ago, virgo lady said:

Facebook is the last place I think of for accurate info of any type.    Full of opinions, out of date and false info.

Facebook is more up to date and probably more accurate than this Board is for Jocotepec. I read both as I live in Jocotepec. I know a few there who have Covid. Generally many Mexican don't seem to be as concerned about Covid as foreignrs are.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

All of Social Media is just a cesspit full of all the above plus MUCH more, taking humanity as we know it off the cliff!!!

This Board is social media.

14 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Thanks for the info, I am sure this is only the tip of the iceberg. When you say local hospital do you mean the recently built "SP" place, I did not think that place had many rooms and surprised it's designated ok to accept Corvid patients

17 hours ago, Fred Habacht said:

Our local hospital is filling up with Covid victims. Many people are not wearing masks. It is dangerous to ride the buses out to our area as many riders remove their masks as they ride or do not have masks at all. Be careful.

I have noticed that when people from Joco talk of their hopital they aren't referring to the new SP one in Chanteclare but to the one on Matamoros in Joco

13 hours ago, gimpychimp said:

A young lady I know who works at a medical clinic in Jocotepec told me that they see about 15 covid patients a day, with about half being first visit new patients and the rest being previous visit patients.  I think that's a lot.

Based on the "young lady I know"  giving you information that would be about 7 new covid patients a day, and about old active 7 checking in each day.

To confirm covid infection requires a test. The results of those tests are sent to the  federal government and the state government. The federal government shows 55% of those tested for Jocotepec were negative for covid. 

The federal website shows 168 confirmed cases since April. The state of Jalisco website shows 235 since April 

On any given day in December the federal government maximum reported active (not new) cases  was 12 but most days reported 5-7 active. So the information given to you would indicate that almost every active case would visit the hospital every day.....Very doubtful.

Numbers are surging so check the most recent federal December stats. December 1 - December 31 = 42 new confirmed cases... that is fewer than 1 1/2 per day.... far from about 7.

So basically "the young lady I know"  has completely non verifiable information.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I rode a bus to go pick up a vehicle and I didn't see one person wearing a mask. I also noticed many around mercado not wearing any. In Several stores the clerk's weren't using mask. Coppell was the only one I saw sticking to a protocol.

So yes I think Chapala residents are not taking it as serious as other areas. It could be because we just haven't had as many as other areas.

My Doctor told me that he has had several pass away that are not included in the tallies we see. They have been home being taken care of by family and passed away before going to a hospital

He suggested to me to use one of those oxygen sensors you put on your finger and watch for a significant drop in percentage

1 hour ago, chicamysterious said:

My Doctor told me that he has had several pass away that are not included in the tallies we see. They have been home being taken care of by family and passed away before going to a hospital

He suggested to me to use one of those oxygen sensors you put on your finger and watch for a significant drop in percentage

Unless your doctor's patients are being buried in the back yard their deaths are reported. They do not need to have been admitted to a hospital. Deaths are reported by the funeral home to the state of Jalisco. The cause of death is determined by a doctor, and an official death certificate is created and filed with the state.  If a doctor is falsifying cause of death he is breaking the law.  

If your doctor is assuming his patients died of Covid without a test he is incompetent. If he suspected they had Covid and didn't have them tested he is incompetent.

Why do we persist in spreading rumors??

• Like 1

well you can die of heart attack, pneumonia strokes or covid. A friend of mine who had covid.. she told me she did died of a toke and covid was not reported or mentioned.. meanwhile a crooked dr in Tuxtla is treating all kinds of people for covid, and charging them a fortune.. most cases are frey not black and white. The numbers should be taken as estimates not as the exact trugh.. What is imprtant is the trend not the exact number and cause of death is just something a doctor puts on a form,,, many times it is not that easy to determine the exact cause of death. A friend of mone had HIV and died of cancer... not HIV  that cause the cancer... and on and on..