Chapala.com Webboard

Baby it's cold inside

lakeside7

Our 2-storey house is VERY cold from later evening through about 9:30 a.m.  Solved that to great extent with   blackout liner  meant for curtains, but perfect for insulating thin single-pane glass windows----- holds cold out in winter, and heat out in summer.  If you have anything you can  attach to at windows with clothespins, these are SUPER easy to make.

Fabric comes white and light beige. No "ease" required. Can cut lengthwise or crosswise. Available at some Parisina stores in Guad.... Plaza del Sol for one, main store downtown for another.  Can't say for others. Washable (I do by hand) and lasts for YEARS. 55 - 56 inches wide.  Last purchase $80 pesos per meter.

Anyone wanting more info call me  376 766 3580   Happy to share.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian Dalziel said:

The weather underground weather station ICHAPALA2 located in Brisas de Chapala reported 52.5° F (11.4° C) at 8:00 am today Dec. 31st.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ICHAPALA2

Brisas2.thumb.jpg.bdea0a98c7e1628bea27c674d88e93ea.jpg

An hour with sunshine makes a big difference in the temperature.  By 8AM our thermometer had almost 50 degrees. 

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Or possibly just buy another one down the street and use one in the summer and the other in the winter.

"Down the street" is still in Brisas de Chapala!  Also, what I stated is outside temperature, not inside. Our house stays relatively warm as the roof is in the sunshine all day. We were quite warm inside as we have added layers and, extra bedding.  This is the same thing that happens every year, nothing new. 

Just now, virgo lady said:

The Ajijic weather station is very high also.     Check their lake cam view.      Really think it is a thermo issue in Brisas....

I just spoke with two of our neighbors.  One had a reading of 36 degrees and the other had 39 degrees.  Our thermometer is just fine.  I don't particularly care what other sources say, I know what our thermometer states and, our neighbors have verified temperature,  this is about the same temperature that we have every year up here.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

The weather app that comes with kindle fire, with Chapala selected as town, forecasts a low of 30f on Dec. 31. I am not going to try to learn how to do a screen save in Silk operating system, or a photo - but that is what it clearly shows.

That app defaults to GDL airport. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

The weather app that comes with kindle fire, with Chapala selected as town, forecasts a low of 30f on Dec. 31. I am not going to try to learn how to do a screen save in Silk operating system, or a photo - but that is what it clearly shows.

Your app is using Guadalajara information for it's forecast. There is no source for them to get information for Chapala.

Chapala has a microclimate because of the large body of water surrounded by mountains Typically it is warmer in the winter in Chapala, and cooler in the summer than it is in Guadalajara.

11 hours ago, Natasha said:

Our 2-storey house is VERY cold from later evening through about 9:30 a.m.  Solved that to great extent with   blackout liner  meant for curtains, but perfect for insulating thin single-pane glass windows----- holds cold out in winter, and heat out in summer.  If you have anything you can  attach to at windows with clothespins, these are SUPER easy to make.

Fabric comes white and light beige. No "ease" required. Can cut lengthwise or crosswise. Available at some Parisina stores in Guad.... Plaza del Sol for one, main store downtown for another.  Can't say for others. Washable (I do by hand) and lasts for YEARS. 55 - 56 inches wide.  Last purchase $80 pesos per meter.

Anyone wanting more info call me  376 766 3580   Happy to share.

I used bubble wrap fresh from the roll on my windows.  It lets the sun in and keeps the heat in. Just mist the clean window and press it on...or tape the edges.  A simple curtain can be hung over it.  I use magnets on the metal frame. Now you're snug.

• Like 1