Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Things we’ve learned living in Mexico


Dostortas
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Does it make you feel good to have insulted a whole bunch of Mexicans?

I think Mexicans have a thicker skin than you seem to imagine. It does make me feel good though that Vinny Barbarino is now completely bald, and Gabe Kaplan is a professional gambler.

The Sweathogs were good people, that was the whole point of the show. It is you who is insulting, that I was implying they were not.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

I think Mexicans have a thicker skin than you seem to imagine. It does make me feel good though that Vinny Barbarino is now completely bald, and Gabe Kaplan is a professional gambler.

The Sweathogs were good people, that was the whole point of the show. It is you who is insulting, that I was implying they were not.

 

Yes Mexicans [and I have thick skins], you are the attempting insulter as you have proven many times in your writings. You trying to backtrack as if you made a compliment is just one big hoot-SNORK! They were called sweathogs in that show because the suggestion was that they were misfits so yes your missive would be construed as insulting by most people that are familiar with your online persona and that show,Gary Waller aka chillin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow - that is the biggest chunk of verbal garbage to come out of your mouth for some time Col. Kurtz. If you, and a bunch of fellow enthusiasts, want to take their lawnmower engines or chainsaws, take all the mufflers off, then strap them to your bicycles - go ahead. But know the neighborhood dogs, people with car alarms, and Mom's with small kids, are not impressed at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

Wow - that is the biggest chunk of verbal garbage to come out of your mouth for some time Col. Kurtz. If you, and a bunch of fellow enthusiasts, want to take their lawnmower engines or chainsaws, take all the mufflers off, then strap them to your bicycles - go ahead. But know the neighborhood dogs, people with car alarms, and Mom's with small kids, are not impressed at all.

Thanks for your usual apoplectic rancor,gary waller aka chillin-SNORK! and a giant JAJA!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Yes Mexicans [and I have thick skins], you are the attempting insulter as you have proven many times in your writings. You trying to backtrack as if you made a compliment is just one big hoot-SNORK! They were called sweathogs in that show because the suggestion was that they were misfits so yes your missive would be construed as insulting by most people that are familiar with your online persona and that show,Gary Waller aka chillin.

Sweathogs” was appropriated by Vinnie Barbarino, Horshack, Epstein, and Freddie as the de facto name of their harmless inner-city gang at James Buchanan High School in Brooklyn. The name had long been used in the school by teachers and staff for the juvenile delinquents who were enrolled in remedial classes.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

Sweathogs” was appropriated by Vinnie Barbarino, Horshack, Epstein, and Freddie as the de facto name of their harmless inner-city gang at James Buchanan High School in Brooklyn. The name had long been used in the school by teachers and staff for the juvenile delinquents who were enrolled in remedial classes.

My wife the retired school teacher was given the worst grade 6 class in her school one year. everyone called them the sweathogs and she came home more than once in tears. It's far from being a term of endearment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, happyjillin said:

My wife the retired school teacher was given the worst grade 6 class in her school one year. everyone called them the sweathogs and she came home more than once in tears. It's far from being a term of endearment.

Probably her school. That quote is from someone affiliated with the show.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dostortas said:

My intention with this post was to share some lighthearted things we’ve  delighted in while living here and to hear some of the like from others. Nothing more.  

Still to this day, ANY foreign object on the floor looks like a scorpion even after said object has been identified 😎

It was a nice idea until a couple of posters couldn't leave each other alone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...